Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite weight

Wanted

Weight of bullet?

If that is what you are looking for I shoot 124's. 147's have a little softer feel but I think 124 would be a good all around general use bullet as they are also cheaper than 147's. 115's are cheaper yet but they are a little snappy.

Edited to add: Take a look at Precision Moly bullets for some great prices.

Edited by Sarge

Weight of bullet?

If that is what you are looking for I shoot 124's. 147's have a little softer feel but I think 124 would be a good all around general use bullet as they are also cheaper than 147's. 115's are cheaper yet but they are a little snappy.

+1

124s are cheaper.

147s are the rage for soft-shooting competition loads.

147's are favored for sure, but the cost is more as they get heavier. I know the big names Win, Rem, ect offer 100 ct bags pricey yes, but it would allow to try the three weights outs to see which you prefer with out buying a 1000 off the bat.

MG will sell you 100 packs as well. But I think they charge shipping?

Edited by Sarge

147 fp here.

softer recoil,and for some reason i shoot them better than 124. might be related to the FP stability compared to RN,rather than related to weight???

i never shot anything major, i might be wrong but i guess 124 is probably better suited to major loads.

147's are favored for sure, but the cost is more as they get heavier. I know the big names Win, Rem, ect offer 100 ct bags pricey yes, but it would allow to try the three weights outs to see which you prefer with out buying a 1000 off the bat.

MG will sell you 100 packs as well. But I think they charge shipping?

I got a response back from MG. They no longer sell sample packs but if you ask they will GIVE you 10 bullets to sample if you place an order for others. Just ask for the bullets you would like to try.