Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' World 3-Gun Shoot - August - 2014

How deep is the wait list? Is it too late to sign up as a new shooter and have any reasonable chance?

Also, how many rounds do you expect over the 15 stages? and what time is the first round going to be on the 5th? I'd leave work at 7am, and have to drive down from denver :(

I have high hopes of getting everyone off the wait list on Dec 15. Though, I would send your app in as soon as possible

750 rounds...for the 15 stages.

Guesstimate: 250 for each gun, with only 200 bird shot, but then 25 slugs and at least 10 buckshot.

We have about 17 stages rolling around in our heads, depending on conditions etc, so we'll get out a better count MUCH later.

The bad news is, MANDATORY shooter's briefing on the 5th at 0645. First shot downrange at 0730.

With some of the language issues, some of our unique rules and such, just want to be sure everyone is on the same page for the match!

All of you newbies on the waitlist, start checking your emails Dec 14. I won't deposit your checks and enter you into the match until I hear back from you! :goof:

Stay warm everyone!

Denise

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New barrel on my AR today.....just working up some new long range loads, and I will be GTG!

WOOT....just about 9 months to go!

Only 9 months!! Jeez! I better get to work!!! :surprise:

Seriously, we're moving along pretty well! I've sent out a number of invitation letters to shooters from outside the US...9 months seems like a long time, but I know it will go quickly! Targets to buy, organization to do, get more sponsors, squadding, awards to order, finish registration, blah, blah, blah!!!

We're planning on having a great event for you!!! List of sponsors is on the website!

We'll do a list here in a while! Please support them! Couple special thanks...to JP Enterprises!! Match sponsor every year of Rocky Mountain!!! We don't call it JP RM3G for nothing! :bow:

Thanks also to DPMS and Brownells for donating the cash for the Junior Shoot-Off and the Ladies' Shoot-Off respectively! We're so excited to have both for the first time! Lancer is donating the cash that we will be using for some of the Team Prizes as well! WE appreciate ALL of them Sooooo much!!!! :cheers:

See you in less than 9 months!

:wub: Denise

You think you have a lot to plan.....

Try to figure out all the awesome BBQ joints to stop in at, between Port Huron MI and New Mexico.....no easy task!!!!! LOL

Seriously, Benelli Chick, you are far and away the most informative MD I have ever run across....thanks for all the updates; and I look forward to shaking your hand when we meet, nigh on 9 months or so!

And thanks for all the sponsers in advance!

Seriously, Benelli Chick, you are far and away the most informative MD I have ever run across....thanks for all the updates; and I look forward to shaking your hand when we meet, nigh on 9 months or so!

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^ Edited by JPeel

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Thanks you two! Sometimes, it's good to hear someone notices! :goof:

Just really want everyone to come out and join us and have a good time! Think we have a really good match and love to see the smiles!

I'll shake all your hands...in a little while! :roflol:

Denise, visting with you and JJ at FB3G this year it was easy to see your passion for the sport and the enthusiasm you have for putting on the match.

I had a good time just being a spectator last year. I can't imagine how much fun it will be to actually be a shooter this year.

(feel free to remind me that I said this on day 5 when my butt is dragging....)

I am really hoping to get out there again this year. Great sponsors overall but with JP heading the list you don't get any better than that, they really do a lot for the sport. Then with Denise supplying the endless energy and JJ supplying the muscle, they put out some of the best stages in the 3-gun world.

The best for me though is the Whittington. It seems like every time I drive up the driveway it makes me feel five years younger.

Oh, how tempted I am to say something, but then I remember that I am older than you. Sigh.

:cheers:

If Don means his body feels whipped from the match, I'm with him. After the first day at this year's match, I felt I was lucky to make up to the second floor of the hotel. :rolleyes: Even with that, I'm looking forward to 5 days of shooting there.

Oh, how tempted I am to say something, but then I remember that I am older than you. Sigh.

:cheers:

If Don means his body feels whipped from the match, I'm with him. After the first day at this year's match, I felt I was lucky to make up to the second floor of the hotel. :rolleyes: Even with that, I'm looking forward to 5 days of shooting there.

That is exactly what I was refering to. Those mountains are getting taller, steeper, rougher, etc.........................

And I am looking forward to 5 days of it!

I can't top JP for his politically correct Season's Greetings, so...Merry Christmas to all!

From Rocky Mountain 3-Gun!

We hope you are all safe and happy and spending time with those you love!

if you're in harms way, thank-you for all you do for us and please stay safe and know that your sacrifice is appreciated and honored!

We hope to see you all soon, exercising our 2nd amendment rights that our men and women in the military are fighting to protect!

:wub: Denise and JJ and JP RM3G

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from SHOT SHOW, it was my first one. What a great time!

We got to see so many people and the reception to JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Shoot was really great! We talked to a number of International Shooters while we were there and I'm pretty excited!

We already have Canada, England, Australia, Russia, Finland and the Phillipines signed up. We have interest from New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Brazil, Norway, Denmark, and I can't remember how many more! So, if you have international shooters as friends, drop them a line!

Just wanted to remind you of a few things that are on the way!

JP Enterprises is the Major Match Sponsor for all 12 years of the match!!! :bow:

We talked with him at the SHOW, and he's got some great things lined up for this year!

DPMS is returning as the Junior Shoot-Off sponsor! Once again, the top 4 juniors will get to participate and vie for the $3750 cash prize contributed by DPMS! $1500 will go to the winner of the shoot-off. :bow:

Brownells has volunteered to sponsor our first ever RM3G Brownells Ladies' Shoot-Off. In their 75th year, they have really stepped up for Ladies everywhere. Top 4 ladies, will be shooting off for $3750 cash donated by Brownells. First prize $1500 in cash! :bow:

Lancer is donating cash to bring you the Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit! :bow:

And there's MORE!!!

All these amazing sponsors have stepped up to make our prize table the best ever! Please go to http://rm3g.com/ and check out ALL the sponsors. Remember, when you are thinking of purchasing, support the sponsors who support 3-Gun!

We want to thank: 3-Gun Stuff, Adams Arms, A Girl and a Gun Club, All Star Tactical, Americase, AP Custom, Arredondo Accessories, Barnes Precision, Barrett, Battle Arms Development, BattleComp, Berger Bullets, Blackhawk, Blacksheep Manufacturing, Bresser, Burris, Bushmaster, C & M Targets, Colt Competition, CPWSA, Creedmore Sports, Deadwood Stoves, Decot, Dillon, Dreadnaught Industries, DSG Arms, Duracoat, Dynamic Resistance, Ergo Grips, ESP, Firebird Precision, GT Targets, Gun Goddess, Hearing Protection Services, Hodgdon, Hogue, Hornady, Keltec, Lee Precision, Lens Pens, Leupold, Luth-AR.com, Machine Gun Tours, Magpul, Modern Spartan Systems, Montana Gold, New Beginning Gun Works, Nightforce, Nordic Components, Otis, Para-Ordnance, Patriot Ordnance Factory, ProEars, Redding Reloading, Remington Defense, Rocky Mountain Targets, Samson, Schmidt-Bender, SEAL 1, Seekins Precision, The Shooter's Source, Sierra Bullets, SpecOps, StagArms, Strike Force Manufacturing, SWFA, TacPro, Thunderbeast, Trey Yuen, Trijicon, TruckVault, UniqueTek, Viking Tactics, Vortex Optics, Warne Scope Mounts, Xrail, XS Sights, Zev Technology, and ZM Weapons!!! :bow:

Thanks to all of them, from JP throughout! We have more coming!

I have about 50 slots left, so don't dawdle!!! :goof:

Thanks to everyone at SHOT SHOW who took the time to talk to me!

Hope you all had as much fun as I did!

Denise

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really don’t like tooting our own horn. I like the match to speak for itself. But, since we’re thinking of changing the JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun World Championship to the JP Rocky Mountain 3-Gun Intergalactic Championship of the Universes, :roflol::roflol: I thought I’d just throw up a couple of exciting things!

DPMS Junior Shoot-Off – Sunday, August 10 :bow:

Brownells Ladies’ Shoot-Off – Sunday, August 10 :bow:

Welcome Dinner on Tuesday, August 5 for all participants!

Shooter’s BBQ/Junior Benefit on Friday, August 8 for all participants!

Official Team Final Stage and Special Team Final Stage – Sunday, August 10

Also, although I do not enjoy asking people and companies for sponsorship, it has been pretty darn easy! 3-Gun sponsors are amazingly generous! We have almost 100 sponsors and over $250,000 for the prize table including over $15,000 in cash!!!! (Some of these sponsors will be changing to higher categories as they finalize donations and shooters!! So this is just a start!) :surprise:

Special, serious, heartfelt thanks to:

Our Amazing Match Sponsor: JP Enterprises :bow:

Gold Sponsor: Lancer Systems

Silver Sponsors: DPMS, Nordic Components, Remington, Seekins Precision, Sierra Bullets, and Warne Scope Mounts

Bronze Sponsors: Brownells, Burris, Crossbreed Holsters, Ergo Grips, StagArms, SWFA, Tac-Sci, Thunderbeast Arms and XS Sights

Also and very appreciated: :bow: 3-Gun Stuff, 5-11 Tactical, Adams Arms, A Girl and a Gun Club, All Star Tactical, Americase, AP Custom, Arredondo Accessories, Barnes Precision, Barrett, Battle Arms Development, BattleComp, Berger Bullets, Blackhawk, Blacksheep Manufacturing, Bresser, Bushmaster, C & M Targets, Carbon Arms, Colt Competition, CPWSA, Creedmore Sports, Crimson Trace, Deadwood Stoves, Decot, Dillon , Dreadnaught, DSG Arms, Duracoat, Dynamic Resistance, ESP, Firebird, GT Targets, Gun Goddess, Hearing Protection Services, Hodgdon, Hogue, Hornady, Kelbly, Keltec, Lee Precision, Lens Pens, Leupold, Luth-AR.com, Machine Gun Tours, Magpul, Metal Man Targets, Modern Spartan Systems, Montana Gold, New Beginning Gun Works, Nightforce, NSSF, Otis, Para Ordnance, Patriot Ordnance Factory, ProEars, R & R Targets, Redding, Rocky Mountain Targets, Safariland, Samson Manufacturing, Schmidt-Bender, SEAL 1, The Shooter's Source, SpecOps, Springfield Armory, Strike Force Manufacturing, TacPro, Trey Yuen, Trijicon, TruckVault, UniqueTek, Viking Tactics, Vortex Optics, Xrail, Zev Technology and ZM Weapons

I know that almost all these sponsors sponsor multiple matches in 3-Gun and other shooting competitions, and the extent of their generosity still amazes me and makes me love 3-Gun all the more! :wub:

There are still some slots available. Check out - http://rm3gworld.webs.com/ OR http://rm3g.com/ for more information. And http://rm3gun.smugmug.com/ for
MANY pictures from the 2013 match.