Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

salient arms m2 vs Benny Hill m2

ClutchUSMC

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Benelli chute has only one trigger pin and the picture of Jerry has two. Maybe it is a modified Remmy like the one I had done for my Gold. And as far as the Mossy comp, dose anyone have a link for more info? It looks alot like R&R's for his Saiga's or even the tank brake from JP. Thanks.

+1 on my Sailent from Velocity Shooter.

Dunno Benny Hill....must be a great guy as he is well thought of here.

I went for the ready to play version of the hopped up M2's

Upon opening the case up the finish on the gun is quite striking.

The texture on the pistol grip and stock gives a tight velcro like feel.

The quick cycling on this gun is amazing. Must be the Ion bond and Sailent gun smith magic on the internals this gun cycles fast.

The trigger is crisp and clean I have sho a stock m2 and there is noteable difference over the stock creep and pull weight.

I opted for two size tube extensions with matching springs.

The array of chokes with this setup is impressive as well.

I am thinking of getting a 28 inch barrel and thinning my shot gun collection.

The Sailent M2 rework done in Ventura, California is a welcome addition to my gun safe.

Velocity Shooter thank you for the hook up and thank you to Sailent for the work done.

The price of the gun is cheap compared to ammo...

Alan

What is the price for either gun as listed?

Pat

Mine sells for $2100.00 shipped & insured to your ffl. Don't know what bevin gets for his but have known him a long time & he is a good smith.

Cool now I know how much I have to save up. I am selling my M4 to a friend and I want to get a good M2 built for the game and your guns come highly recommended.

Pat

Comming real soon, the mossburg 930 tactical shotgun package like the one jerry m. shoots. Reliable as the benelli but softer. Retail for around $1350.00 shipped.

Benny how would you compare this to your M2. Is it like Corvette to Ferrari?

Salient sells for $1,999.00 shipped to your FFL

+1 on my Sailent from Velocity Shooter.

Dunno Benny Hill....must be a great guy as he is well thought of here.

I went for the ready to play version of the hopped up M2's

Upon opening the case up the finish on the gun is quite striking.

The texture on the pistol grip and stock gives a tight velcro like feel.

The quick cycling on this gun is amazing. Must be the Ion bond and Sailent gun smith magic on the internals this gun cycles fast.

The trigger is crisp and clean I have sho a stock m2 and there is noteable difference over the stock creep and pull weight.

I opted for two size tube extensions with matching springs.

The array of chokes with this setup is impressive as well.

I am thinking of getting a 28 inch barrel and thinning my shot gun collection.

The Sailent M2 rework done in Ventura, California is a welcome addition to my gun safe.

Velocity Shooter thank you for the hook up and thank you to Sailent for the work done.

The price of the gun is cheap compared to ammo...

Alan

What is the price for either gun as listed?

Pat

Edited by Chivas

• 2 weeks later...

I pick up my Salient out of the 10 day "Jail" today. Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to put it to the test this weekend.

Benny keep us all informed about your 930. Just found out today my Benelli will not work for IDPA 3-Gun. Oh well. Another reason to buy something. I could always use my JP 1187 for IDPA but it is slow to load.

Edited by Chivas

Interested in the details on the 930 as well. Guessing this is the SPX version 18"?

It doesn't seem to be the SPX version, Although most 930s are the same except for barrel length and sights. I believe he is working with some special made 24" vent rib barrels around a standard 930. But I'm sure we will have more solid details soon.

WOW. I picked up the Salient on Friday night. Unfortunately I did not get to shoot it because it was pouring rain all weekend. I was tempted to cap a round in the back yard.

I have never owned a Benelli but this gun is gorgeous. I installed Williams rifle sights on it and a "3-Gun" 2 shot caddy.

The bolt is very smooth when closing and the stippling on the stock is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can load it MUCH faster than my JP 1187. The trigger is great too.

I was so excited I went to Walmart and bought 700 rounds of shotgun shells. I always like the look on the checkout clerk when buying that much ammo. Hahahaha

Thanks Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My Benny M2 is flawless, unless I change something and mess it up. When I change it back, it magically runs fine. Really love the M2. Light, manueverable, runs great dirty. For upland game I'm a sxs double guy but I'm really tempted to take the M2 next time I go. I use it for trap and have shot a 24 with it. I've put 3 magazine springs in and that's it for maintenance, other than an occasional cleaning. I can't speak to the Salient, no experience.

As someone else said, there are several people building M2s who aren't a famous and might be just as good.

My STI was built by one of the guys here at work who is a superb pistolsmith that isn't famous. It runs perfectly too. He stays busier than he wants to be just by word of mouth.

do you think the mossberg is just as good as the benelli...? also when I purchase a new shot gun I would like to shoot 3 gun but also use it for birds and skeet.... which one would you choose?

A 21 or 22" barrel won't be ideal for birds or skeet. If i were you I would get a 26" m2 and be done with it. My $.02

do you think the mossberg is just as good as the benelli...? also when I purchase a new shot gun I would like to shoot 3 gun but also use it for birds and skeet.... which one would you choose?

Hello: You may want to look at the Remington Versa Max as well with a 26" barrel. Lots of good stuff coming out for them and they shoot soft. Thanks, Eric