Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

Well we got our 1st REVO shooter of the match today! So that's 1 more than we had last I checked. ;) . We got a whole mess of SS shooters in .... that makes 13 I believe. Here's the rest of the stats:

GRAPH.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also since you are at range all day fatigue can be an issue.

MDA

I forgot about this! It is also important to get well hydrated in the week leading up to the match. Being in May, you never know how hot it might get.

Definetely bring some water/gatorade for yourself. I like to bring a small cooler with plenty of water and some energy bars or small snacks to keep energy up throughout the day. I even throw a small towel in the cooler and let it sit in the ice all day so when I get a little overheated I can throw it on my head/neck and cool down instantly. Learned this stuff the hard way at the Indiana Section match this year, a long hot hot day!!!! Sunscreen & bug spray too.

Indiana match was brutal. I helped all 3 days. We couldn't consume enough water. Our dinner conversations usually revolved around how much water we drank during the day and whether or not we used the bathroom...LOL. Definitely pre-hydrate

Edited by downrange72

I saw Coach's post on INGunOwners, I'll be getting an app in the mail this week.

I also posted it on USPSA-Indiana's FB page to draw some attention from our fellow Hoosiers.

Guess I'll have to drop the plastic and bust out the SS in honor of the 1911.

Edited by HICKMAN

Its been stated earlier in this thread. Look back a page our two.

I will attempt to make a list of what we have in the prize pool in a few weeks. I want to make sure we have at least the majority of the prizes in. I am also planning on taking a very large picture of said items (including the guns) and post it here and on our web site. I can tell you that I am VERY pleased with the donations we have thus far. Everyone at this match is going home with something (if not 2 items). If you include the match pin then everyone IS going home with 2 things (if not 3). Look at it this way....one whole squad of shoters are going home with a brand new pair of Rudy's. Six shooters are going home with new guns including 2 customs from two outstanding builders. Everyone is going home with a 100 round MTM ammo box. Six shooters are going home with Pelican cases and 2 with Pelican tactical flashlights. Two shooters are going home with a CED shooters Backpack. About 10 shooters are going home with new range bags.

I can keep going but it looks pretty darn good to me....What do you think?

I will attempt to make a list of what we have in the prize pool in a few weeks. I want to make sure we have at least the majority of the prizes in. I am also planning on taking a very large picture of said items (including the guns) and post it here and on our web site. I can tell you that I am VERY pleased with the donations we have thus far. Everyone at this match is going home with something (if not 2 items). If you include the match pin then everyone IS going home with 2 things (if not 3). Look at it this way....one whole squad of shoters are going home with a brand new pair of Rudy's. Six shooters are going home with new guns including 2 customs from two outstanding builders. Everyone is going home with a 100 round MTM ammo box. Six shooters are going home with Pelican cases and 2 with Pelican tactical flashlights. Two shooters are going home with a CED shooters Backpack. About 10 shooters are going home with new range bags.

:surprise::cheers:

Are you doing a prize table or just random draw stuff? I know the guns are going to the division winners (not me) but how are some of the other "larger" prizes being sorted out?

Don't forget the autographed 'Policewomen of Cincinnati' picture!

:surprise::cheers:

Are you doing a prize table or just random draw stuff? I know the guns are going to the division winners (not me) but how are some of the other "larger" prizes being sorted out?

Everything except the pistols will be random draw. We are setting aside some items for a special staff drawing but the great majority of the stuff is going to the shooters. I still have to get an order in from CED and then they will be added to the sponsors list. I'm sure you folks will be happy in the end. The only thing that is going to make me happy is a bunch more applications in my mail box. Like MLK said, "I have a dream." My dream is to bring a great level 2 match to our club and have it be so popular in the future that I don't have to keep asking for people to sign up.

Don't forget the autographed 'Policewomen of Cincinnati' picture!

Have them there to pat us down

I have 3 words for you.....Body Cavity Search.....not as pleasant as you might think. :devil:

I will ask Rose if she wants to come out and make a camio at the match and let you know. The rest of the girls from the show work in other districts so I don't get to see them much.

I posted this on another thread, but since it pertains more so here, than at a local match I thought it wise to re-post here:

...... technically ...... whatever classification you hold at the beginning of the 1st day of the match is what counts. Basically when the 1st shots are fired.

The classifier match is being held on April 24th, the scores will be done the same day ( B) ) and uploaded to USPSA that night, so that when they perform their monthly update on or around May 15th (which is a Sunday) the classifications will be updated by the time the match starts later that week on May 20th, and everybody will be current.

FYI the same thing applies to Juniors, Seniors, and Super Seniors ......... if your birthday falls on or right before May 20th (first day of the match) you've made the cutoff. Seniors and Super Seniors will be upgraded to the appropriate age bracket. Juniors will no longer be juniors on their 18th birthday .......... But if your birthday falls on May 21st, or May 22nd you are just S.O.L. depending on which way you look at it. :)

Edited by Chris Keen

We currently have 114 shooters. Here is the breakdown of categories so far:

5 Ladies signed up

3 LEO's signed up (I dont see Colins name yet, so maybe 4)

18 Seniors

2 Super Seniors

NO Juniors signed up so far ........

Edited by Chris Keen