Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa.org Website

wgnoyes

At least on Extreme Makeover Home Edition they get an entire week to build a house...........Rob has most everything up but just like you can not put up sheetrock before you finish the electical, this site can not go up and be completely functional over night. Let's give Rob some space and opportunity to finish.

Charles, you need to come see me on St SImons. I will show you sheetrock before electrical. I can't find my Front Sight either.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like to do classifier uploading you need to be a "club contact" and it appears one contact per club.

Yeah that's gonna screw things up for me temporarily, as I do stats for 3 local clubs that I am not the official "club contact". I'll have to contact the clubs in question and see how long it takes to figure this out. <_<

There is one "Contact", but that "Contact" can add as many "authorized uploaders" to the club as they need. Go to Club Support and then select "Club Results Uploaders" to add permissions (if you are a club contact). Authorized uploaders can do everything a club contact can do except add more authorized uploaders. This will be very convenient for people who do stats for multiple clubs.

Can you give that authorization to the SC's for the clubs within their section?

I'm glad I'm not the only one wanting that capability!

BUMP!

???

I think the Section Coordinator really needs that ability. In the past, the match organizers (for example at the section match or a special charity match) could request a unique password to upload results. Especially in the Area 6, often the stats team for the section match will not be the stats team from the host club. Many of us who do the uploads, do so for more than one club. And, then there are the 4 back-up people for stats at my home club. . . I'm out of town a lot :blush:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Strange that the site has no front page pics and/or congratulatory remarks for this years National winners. Is it that involved or time consuming? Just annoys me is all.

Jim

Strange that the site has no front page pics and/or congratulatory remarks for this years National winners. Is it that involved or time consuming? Just annoys me is all.

Jim

Its only been a few days since nats wrapped up. im sure with the new desgin, they'll be able to post all kinds of stuff about them. posting new pictures is probably not high on their list of stuff that needs fixed/changed tho.

There seems to be a couple of issues with the personal profile page on the new site.

-- Since the upgrade, I no longer receive an email notification that results have been posted for any match I've attended. Anyone else getting them?

-- As a test, I tried to change my preference for those notices from Yes to No, so I could change it back to Yes and 'force' it in. I can open the edit screen for my profile but changes are not saved after updating.

I think the Section Coordinator really needs that ability. In the past, the match organizers (for example at the section match or a special charity match) could request a unique password to upload results. Especially in the Area 6, often the stats team for the section match will not be the stats team from the host club. Many of us who do the uploads, do so for more than one club. And, then there are the 4 back-up people for stats at my home club. . . I'm out of town a lot :blush:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

I agree with Linda on this one. Is stats such a desirable job that it has to be password protected AND require prior authorization for each person willing to do it? :surprise:

• 1 month later...

Jim

Its only been a few days since nats wrapped up. im sure with the new desgin, they'll be able to post all kinds of stuff about them. posting new pictures is probably not high on their list of stuff that needs fixed/changed tho.

smile.gif....tick...tick...tick.

Curious. Is it really that difficult and/or time consuming to post a few pics of this years National Champions...really? Just sayin' mellow.gif

huh.gif

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think I was computer savvy, but there are a couple of things I just cannot figure out.

The old website used to include the DATE that the classifications had been updated, somewhere at the bottom of the front page. What happened to that? :huh:

Also where are the USPSA forums?

The old website used to include the DATE that the classifications had been updated, somewhere at the bottom of the front page. What happened to that? :huh:

The only way I've found to see the date is to look up your classification data (or someone else's) in Member's Support, and the date of the last update is displayed at the top of the "Classifications" panel.

I haven't found the forums yet.

I can't update the preferences in my Personal Profile, nor am I receiving any email notices for results posted for matches I attend.

Is anyone else getting the email notifications?

Once I entered a new password, it allowed me to enter an e-mail address. I'll let you know about e-mail notifications after this weekend.

The old link still works and seems to be showing up-to-date records: Click THIS

Thanks for the link.

But I can not get past the password prompt. And the password has been removed from the Front Sight location on the Nov/Dec issue. Would someone PM me what goes with 'nationals'?

Also, I understand that the web project Phase II will have the Top 20 listings. Does anyone know when PhaseII will be ready?

Thanks, Dwight

The old link still works and seems to be showing up-to-date records: Click THIS

Thanks for the link.

But I can not get past the password prompt. And the password has been removed from the Front Sight location on the Nov/Dec issue. Would someone PM me what goes with 'nationals'?

Also, I understand that the web project Phase II will have the Top 20 listings. Does anyone know when PhaseII will be ready?

Thanks, Dwight

Found it!! Thanks

:o

• 2 weeks later...

I can't update the preferences in my Personal Profile, nor am I receiving any email notices for results posted for matches I attend.

Is anyone else getting the email notifications?

I did not receive a notification for last week's match results.

Also where are the USPSA forums?

http://uspsa.org/forums/

There's no direct link, and I'm not sure they intend to make one. When I went in and fixed the missing main forum logo after the upgrade and told Rob about it, he wrote back and said thanks but "You know we currently have no link to the forums - right :)"

That is a shame.