Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3Gun Training

assaulter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting to take a class until after a few matches will make the class more beneficial. However with good competition based 3 gun classes few and far between I wouldn't skip one because your a newbie.

It appears Daniel Horner WILL be teaching a 3 gun class in the Decatur Il. area spring of 2011.

Ok, I want in, and I know another shooter that does too. You gonna put it on the forum, or is there somewhere else I should look for info?

Waiting to take a class until after a few matches will make the class more beneficial. However with good competition based 3 gun classes few and far between I wouldn't skip one because your a newbie.

It appears Daniel Horner WILL be teaching a 3 gun class in the Decatur Il. area spring of 2011.

Ok, I want in, and I know another shooter that does too. You gonna put it on the forum, or is there somewhere else I should look for info?

There'll be something on the forum...........call if you questions. Joe 217-972-9958

Keep me informed Joe. I may make the trip up.

Anyone know what's available in the Mid-Atlantic region?

I live in West Virginia, an have access to a good training facility if we can get a group. I am sure we could find an instructor.

I don't know if they are quality or not, but I do 3-gun classes every once in a while. The emphasis is on tricks and stage reading that makes or breaks a match. Plan on Rifle out to 300 and pistol to 50 and shotgun for SPEED! I might be doing one latter this fall. KurtM

I would be interested in attending one of your classes.

Pat

Yes I'm sure you could, If you get it together I would make the trip out. KurtM

Maybe I would have to go to comment on all of your crazy teachings and techniques!

Wait a second! Would that be Kurt AND Kelly teaching the class?

I don't know how much teaching would get done, but it sure would be fun to watch! If it happens I just want a ticket to the peanut gallery.

Edited by smokshwn

Bennie Cooley seems to get to NC fairly often and maybe to VA. Other than monitoring M4carbine.net for course announcements, I'm not sure how you hear about them. His Tactical Carbine (or Practical Carbine, not sure what was called) was pretty heavy on shooting the AR quickly and accurately and not overly heavy on "tactics." (Just the way I wanted it.) There were a lot of 3-gun competitors in the class I attended.

Ok I sent an email or to see if there is any interest in a class and I have already gotten a good response Now all I need is a teacher and a date

Albert,

I could be interested in a class, depending on the date. It's a shorter drive than Kentucky was.

Bennie Cooley seems to get to NC fairly often and maybe to VA. Other than monitoring M4carbine.net for course announcements, I'm not sure how you hear about them. His Tactical Carbine (or Practical Carbine, not sure what was called) was pretty heavy on shooting the AR quickly and accurately and not overly heavy on "tactics." (Just the way I wanted it.) There were a lot of 3-gun competitors in the class I attended.

looks like some of his classes are scheduled by grey group (they've already got a benny cooley class on their calendar for April 2011 in college station, tx).

I live in West Virginia, an have access to a good training facility if we can get a group. I am sure we could find an instructor.

I train at PFT in Lewisburg a couple times a year (was there last weekend) and I have spoken with the owner about some kind of custom class. They are working on the 2011 schedule now which fills up fairly fast.

For anyone reading this, PFT is a real-deal school, not some kind of training resort. IOW, not at all fancy, but they train a lot of police, SWAT, and special ops there and really know their stuff. While most of their training is tactical in nature, they can easily handle a group that wants to leave that stuff out and train on things like multiple targets, transitions, shooting off axis, off angle, on the move, barricades, movers, popups, etc.

I'd be more than happy to see about setting up a private class up for next year if we can get some people together. If you are interested, PM me so we can get an idea if there are enough people to make this happen.

A 3G class by kurtm would be like getting a basketball class from Bill Walton-great fundamentals, great skills and a history that speaks for itself. kelly's no slouch, but he be getting bad guys.

Since Kurt is about 35 years older than me, he does does have a history that speaks for itself.

I would highly recommmend that anyone take a Bennie Cooley class if you can.

I've taken a Bennie Cooley course hosted by Grey Group in Fayetteville NC. They also work with Brian Searcy of Tigerswan. I've taken his pistol/rifle course as well. Very applicable to 3gun competition.

Put me down for the Mid Atlantic 3gun class. Any part of WV is only a few hours from Raleigh. I might even be able to drag a few of our local shooting contingent along. When details begin to materialize please let me know. Thanks! :cheers:

Put me down for the Mid Atlantic 3gun class. Any part of WV is only a few hours from Raleigh. I might even be able to drag a few of our local shooting contingent along. When details begin to materialize please let me know.

If anyone is interested in trying to set something up in WV, please PM or email me. I've contacted the owner and he's willing to work with us to set up any kind of agenda we are interested in.

Eric Lund has been teaching some 1 day classes in south Atlanta, GA for shotgun and carbine. I took the shotgun class a few months ago and I think it was extremely good for the money and time. It was not specifically competition or "tactical" but it covered a wide variety of topics. I look forward to taking some more of those classes.