Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Texas State Open Championship

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will the match only be two day format?? or will there be some squads that can shoot the complete match in one day??

Thanks!

Squads 11 and 12,to shoot whole day Friday.

NROI approved all stages,total of 288 rounds, Thanks to Bill Murray stage design coordinator.

NROI approved all stages,total of 288 rounds, Thanks to Bill Murray stage design coordinator.

Bill does a great job cheers.gif

Do they post the stages before the match? If so where.

Yes,probably middle of February. Here in Brian enos forum and in www.texasopenchampionship.com.

Thanks.

I don't know about any recommendations by the Match Officials, but going to the range I drive by a nice Holiday Inn Express in Waller.

It looks fairly new and is about 30 minutes from the range.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I'll keep that one in mind!

Hello everyone,

I just posted this message for the Space City Challenge, and I've already gotten emails, so I'm going to see if I get a similar response for the TX State Open Championship.

I'm trying to gage interest in a class I'm coordinating with some great folks in the Houston area. It would be Friday, Sat, and Sun March 11-13. Here's how it would work:

A group of 8 shooters would get a full day of training on Friday at The Impact Zone range from 8ish - 5ish and we would shoot around 4-600 rounds. The day would be mainly designed for the experienced competitive shooter. Although I'll lightly cover some of the fundamentals, we'll mostly be focused on shooting more accurately and moving more efficiently through stages. THEN on Saturday & Sunday, we'll all squad together at the TX State Open, and I'll go through every stage with each of you, film you, then critique everyone individually. I'll cover the mental game, stage breakdown, etc.

The cost for all three days is only $330. This includes range rental for Friday, but doesn't cover the match fee.

I've done this class format for the last couple of years with GREAT response. If this is something you would be interested in, please email me at phil@straightersolutions.com. There will be a squad saved for us, but not for long. If I get enough people interested, I'll put a link to it HERE. That will have all of the detailed info, a course registration form, etc.

I hope to hear from you!

Phil Strader

www.straightersolutions.com

What a great response! The class is full pending everyone's confirmations. There's still room on the wait list in case someone backs out...which happens.

Thanks again for all of the emails! Can't wait to come to Houston!

Phil

What a great response! The class is full pending everyone's confirmations. There's still room on the wait list in case someone backs out...which happens.

Thanks again for all of the emails! Can't wait to come to Houston!

Phil

RUDY PROJECT step up as match sponsor,thanks Kevin.

We have now 8 Grand masters coming, as of now.

I booked a room at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites in Brookshire TX. Looks like a good place via the 'net. They said they are about 10-15 minutes from the range.

I stayed there two years ago and it is a good place to stay but $112 was over my budget so I went down the street to Days Inn for $31.00 a night. I'll do like Oprah take my own pillow and sheets, and park my carry gun with night sights on the night stand. The difference in price paid for most of my Starder Class. There is a Truck stop/restraut with a good buffet across from the LaQuinta the food was pretty good and cheap.

Edited by CocoBolo