Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Texas State Open Championship

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but I'm missing it :) Is a schedule posted anywhere for the match? I'm driving down Friday after work - can I check in on Saturday morning, and at what time? What time is the shooter's meeting (if any) on Saturday, and what time is hammer down? What's the squad schedule? What's the start time for Sunday? (realize it's Spring Forward on Saturday night, everyone! :) ).

Just trying to make sure I'm in the right place at the right time cheers.gif

Dave,

Registration opens at 7:00 AM Friday & Saturday. Shooters meeting promptly at 8:00 AM with first shots downrange at 9:00 AM. Ten stages and ten squads on Saturday so everyone starts at the same time.

A lunch break is scheduled for 12:00 to 1:00.

And Squad 3, the Super Squad, starts on Stage 1.

Good luck and enjoy.

Bill

So just to clarify, the Saturday squads will shoot the entire match on Saturday, all 10 stages? Nothing but awards/prize table on Sunday?

Thanks!

Rhonda

should be 7 stages saturday, 3 on sunday. at least that's what i was told in an earlier post on this thread.

OK thanks, that sounds better! Should have read through all the threads before I posted... :blush:

I apologize if this is posted somewhere, but I'm missing it :) Is a schedule posted anywhere for the match? I'm driving down Friday after work - can I check in on Saturday morning, and at what time? What time is the shooter's meeting (if any) on Saturday, and what time is hammer down? What's the squad schedule? What's the start time for Sunday? (realize it's Spring Forward on Saturday night, everyone! :) ).

Just trying to make sure I'm in the right place at the right time cheers.gif

Dave,

Registration opens at 7:00 AM Friday & Saturday. Shooters meeting promptly at 8:00 AM with first shots downrange at 9:00 AM. Ten stages and ten squads on Saturday so everyone starts at the same time.

A lunch break is scheduled for 12:00 to 1:00.

And Squad 3, the Super Squad, starts on Stage 1.

Good luck and enjoy.

Bill

is this the shooting schedule?

Trying to get match booklet uploaded with squadding schedule etc. Anyone know how to compress a .pdf file even smaller? I am at 1.3MB for a b&w version and need to get below 1MB.

Edited by Team Amish 1

is this the shooting schedule?

Friday and Saturday, registration opens at 7:00 AM. Friday and Saturday safety meetings at 8:00 AM.

Saturday as it sits now, has hammer down at 9:00 AM and allows an hour per stage. A one hour lunch break at noon on Saturday. You will shoot 7 stages on Saturday, hopefully finishing up at 4:00 PM.

Sunday is three stages with hammer down at 8:00 AM and finishing up shooting at 11:00 AM. Side match available while the scores are compiled. Awards after lunch.

Those shooters traveling from the northern states, don't be fooled thinking it always hot in Texas. Bring your cold weather gear. Its currently a chilly 79 degrees outside with no expectations it will improve into the weekend.

Bill

Trying to get match booklet uploaded with squadding schedule etc. Anyone know how to compress a .pdf file even smaller? I am at 1.3MB for a b&w version and need to get below 1MB.

Roman,

Since the stages are already posted, can you do a PDF of all pages except the stages?

Bill

(the engineer)

And here is the bay layout.

Everything else will be in the booklet that is handed out at the time of registration.

Thank you Bill,Roman and Glenn.

Multinational food menu for Sat/Sun.

1.Chicken sandwich,chips,shanghai eggroll and drink.

2.Spaghetti with bread,chips,shanghai eggroll and drink.

3.Two chicken lollipop,shanghai eggroll,rice and Pinoy papaya pickles and drink.

Another silly question,

With there being no squad 5 (in order to fill up squad 6) does squad 6 start on stage 3 and squad 7 start on stage 4 or will there just be the gap on stage 3 and squad 6 starts on stage 4 and squad 7 starts on stage 5?

Another silly question,

With there being no squad 5 (in order to fill up squad 6) does squad 6 start on stage 3 and squad 7 start on stage 4 or will there just be the gap on stage 3 and squad 6 starts on stage 4 and squad 7 starts on stage 5?

:wacko:

Another silly question,

good question. I think the plan was to check moon alignment Friday night and throw a few chicken bones on the table, hoping that a chicken bone reader is present to provide guidance. :mellow:

in other words, I have no clue. Alex, any input?

edited to add: gap sounds good

Edited by Team Amish 1

Sunday is three stages with hammer down at 8:00 AM and finishing up shooting at 11:00 AM.

Oooph blink.gif Sunday morning is going to suck! :lol: (that's effectively 7:00 AM on Saturday...) Somebody bring some coffee!!! cheers.gif

Did anything get worked out on the chrono issue? (see my first post in the thread)

Sunday is three stages with hammer down at 8:00 AM and finishing up shooting at 11:00 AM.

Oooph blink.gif Sunday morning is going to suck! :lol: (that's effectively 7:00 AM on Saturday...) Somebody bring some coffee!!! cheers.gif

Did anything get worked out on the chrono issue? (see my first post in the thread)

Dave, they did work that out. They will be following you and randomly checking your ammo all day! :goof:

This may be a silly question, but I was telling my wife about this match and she expessed interest in dropping by and watching for a little while tomorrow while we are in the area. Is this acceptable? Its the first time shes expressed any interest in watching a match. Usually she just watches my videos and laughs. :)

Made it in at noon today and drop by the range. Got a chance to watch some of the RO's shoot the stages and also ckecked all the stages. Quite a few are quick and dirty with a few traps. Should be a good match.