Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Texas State Open Championship

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One more question. I plan on shipping my ammo, so how would we go about doing this?

Thanks.

Anyone that needs to ship ammo to Houston for this match, please send me a PM to make arrangements. Once received, you will get a confirmation e-mail or phone call (your choice). On Friday, March 11th, all ammo will be transported to the range and will be stored in a locked facility until picked up.

STAGE 10

I WILL TRY TO UPLOAD THE LAST FEW STAGES LATER.

THEY WILL ALSO BE POSTED AT THE TEXAS OPEN WEBSITE.

Update: Stages 6 through 10 were constructed using Sketch-up resulting in individual files over 1000KB each.

I'm no better with computers than I am at shooting (yeah, that bad), so if anyone has suggestions, let me know.

Otherwise, you will be able to see all the stages at http://www.texasopenchampionship.com/

Sorry.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

STAGE 10

I WILL TRY TO UPLOAD THE LAST FEW STAGES LATER.

THEY WILL ALSO BE POSTED AT THE TEXAS OPEN WEBSITE.

Update: Stages 6 through 10 were constructed using Sketch-up resulting in individual files over 1000KB each.

I'm no better with computers than I am at shooting (yeah, that bad), so if anyone has suggestions, let me know.

Otherwise, you will be able to see all the stages at http://www.texasopenchampionship.com/

Sorry.

Bill

If you have Adobe PDF writer print them as pdf's once printed as pdf print that pdf to adobe again as a pdf, this will greatly reduce their size.

I use primo pdf

just select the primo pdf as your printer when you try to print then it will be converted to pdf file...I think it works on any program that can be printed...or your can send the files to me and I'll convert it...

If you have Adobe PDF writer print them as pdf's once printed as pdf print that pdf to adobe again as a pdf, this will greatly reduce their size.

Thanks for the suggestion Ronnie but I only have a .pdf reader on my computer.

Bill

I use primo pdf

just select the primo pdf as your printer when you try to print then it will be converted to pdf file...I think it works on any program that can be printed...or your can send the files to me and I'll convert it...

We have a winner! Thanks bbncu.

Here are Stages 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Enjoy.

Bill

Stage 7 - Texas Open.pdf

Stage 8 - Texas Open.pdf

Stage 9 - Texas Open.pdf

Stage 10 - Texas Open.pdf

I don't think stage 10 is legal. see rule 4.1.2

Initially I also questioned this one but better minds proved me wrong. As with all of the stages, John A has given his blessings.

Depending on which side of the coin you get, all of the targets you will engage will be a single color. That may be "red" or that may be "green".

I was advised that a similar stage was run at the Phillipines Championship last year.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Cool...now we have all the stages...that little nifty program is very useful and free...

I use primo pdf

We have a winner! Thanks bbncu.

Here are Stages 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Enjoy.

Bill

The book clearly says "cardboard color", and "Solid color" regardless if JA approved the stages, even he cannot over rule the book. See 4.1.2.1,and 4.1.2.2

Yes you are shooting a single colored target, but I've never shot a level 2 or better match with non tan, color coded targets, saw it in IDPA all the time.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just prevent a potential arbitration issue.

The book clearly says "cardboard color", and "Solid color" regardless if JA approved the stages, even he cannot over rule the book. See 4.1.2.1,and 4.1.2.2

Yes you are shooting a single colored target, but I've never shot a level 2 or better match with non tan, color coded targets, saw it in IDPA all the time.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just prevent a potential arbitration issue.

I could have won the TX State Carbine Championship won 7 of 9 stages but the colored tee shirt stage I forgot my color and it was just one target and I shot the wrong color perfectly pentalty for non hits and penalty for hits, as well as FTN, gota love IDPA. For those of us with Chronic CRS those stages are killer, how you supposed to remember a silly detail shooting at warp 3. After all Zen requires a clear mind no thinking. Bring it on I'll try to remember take my Gingkobilibo before the match. I didn't get that question on my RO exam or did I forget.