Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Western States Single Stack Championship

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve H, would it be to much to ask if you could let us know how many spots are left say mid December or when it's almost full. I would like to attend but I'm waiting on funds and my USPSA # which I'm sure I'll get my # before the funds arrive in my bank account. It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all,

sorry for not being on here more often, been slammed here at work, and the area 2......I have a stack of applications on my desk, adn will get confimations out by the end of the weekend.......we are almost half full......sorry again, everything will be updated by the end of the weekend. If you have sent in an application and have not received a confimation by then, let me know, I might have had a typo on the e-mail address.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

All match confirmations are up to date....I sent out a bunch last night.....if you have sent in an application and have not recieved a confirmation, please contact me directly.

singlestack40@gmail.com

There are about 50 slots left, and as usual, once Area 2 was over, they are coming in daily.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am flying in, so round count is important to me. It has been my experience that the WSSSC stages are similar to A2 stages with a dedicated weak hand/strong hand stage. Steve's match IMHO is the best in the country, because it allows the shooter to demostrate all aspects of practical shooting in an awesome terrain environment.

In the past this match has been a lost brass match, but I don't see this on the application or web site this year. Anyone know if we are going to be able to retrieve our brass this year? I have e-mailed Steve and as of yet have not received an answer.

Jim

Edited by Helimech

In the past this match has been a lost brass match, but I don't see this on the application or web site this year. Anyone know if we are going to be able to retrieve our brass this year? I have e-mailed Steve and as of yet have not received an answer.

Jim

I would count on it being a lost brass match. It is one of the benefits for the volunteer ROs.

Stages are up.

ETA: 50 yard standards, folks...

Ho Lee Chit!

Been so busy I had yet to look at them.

Now this is a match! Reminds me of late 80s matches. Tons of hard cover, lots of rounds and true standards! Steve and crew, if it is even partially like the stages in the PDF, this is going to be one hell of a test!

I can't wait!

All i can say for sure after talking to Steve on the phone, is we shoot all day sat and finish up sun a.m.

I'm arriving thurs nite and going over fri a.m. to check in and get my "packet".

If, as someone posted above, the shooters meeting is at 7:00 sat a.m., and we start shooting at 7:30, i doubt there is much time to do sign ins that morning.

Anybody with past experience at this match, feel free to add your 2 cents?

Al