Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rants about this or that.....

I've been trying to keep my tongue, err fingers in check both on the forum and in responses to email etc.

I found that typing on a long response or rant and then reading it back a few times helps me to get over whatever is annoying me. After I read it through a couple times and edit it down to a point where it would pass the forum rules, but still is somewhat snarky.... I hit the Ctrl-A followed by the Del key. I got the venting done, but the forum/email doesn't ever leave the machine. Also, reading the comments back to yourself can help you to see what an ass you are being by going off in the first place. You can have some fun with it and say any damned thing you want to someone knowing that is will never be sent/posted.

I've been using this technique for some time and haven't had to get a a slap on the wrist by any mods in some time. Now I've lowered their workload and my blood pressure, without creating issues/confrontation on the forum/email.

For those of you who are.... "passionate" you might want to give it a go.......

Best,

JT

Edited by JThompson

I've done as you described many times but I think sometimes I'm a little hard on myself and end up many times not submitting the post.

I do have a rule that I follow in my work, however, that when I respond to an email that may have angered me or was other wise a distration, that I mark the email to go out the next morning, so I have a chance to think about it a little.

I've been trying to keep my tongue, err fingers in check both on the forum and in responses to email etc.

I found that typing on a long response or rant and then reading it back a few times helps me to get over whatever is annoying me. After I read it through a couple times and edit it down to a point where it would pass the forum rules, but still is somewhat snarky.... I hit the Ctrl-A followed by the Del key. I got the venting done, but the forum/email doesn't ever leave the machine. Also, reading the comments back to yourself can help you to see what an ass you are being by going off in the first place. You can have some fun with it and say any damned thing you want to someone knowing that is will never be sent/posted.

I've been using this technique for some time and haven't had to get a a slap on the wrist by any mods in some time. Now I've lowered their workload and my blood pressure, without creating issues/confrontation on the forum/email.

For those of you who are.... "passionate" you might want to give it a go.......

Best,

JT

Great advise. Abe Lincoln used to do the same.

Oh...and thank you for lowering the workload. :)

One of the biggest pain in the butt "reasons" we get from guys that go off in ways they KNOW are against the rules is ..."it needed to be said". Which really means...they WANTED to say it.

Good thread. Thanks for posting.

Great technique.

I suppose there were about ten people out there that had to type in, "suck ass" and then delete it. :roflol:

No, this wasn't to kiss up to Brian or Kyle, it's just something that I have been working on myself. Now, if I could only get that check valve installed on my mouth!! I think that may take a few more years to get worked out and I'm pretty sure it will NEVER happen after I've had a couple drinks. :devil:

Kyle,

How many threads have you had in the mod forums with my name on them??? :) I would bet there are more than a few.

JT

Edited by JThompson

God I wish they would throw that friggin' JT off this board so I didn't have to read his moronic posts. Of course Brian is in some foggy Zen state most of the time these days, and his stooge Kyle is too busy grooming his Hitler mustache....so it probably will never happen.

<Ctl-A>

<Delete>

Jim, I appreciate your restraint. I know how hard it is for me at times.

Another thing I wish people would consider is that while rebuttals aren't permitted in Hate threads, habitual Humor has no place there, either. The occasional joke or jab is OK, but I'm talking about the folks who see a new Hate thread and just have to jump in with some knee-slappin', beer-glass clanging joke. We have a Humor forum for that.

I wouldn't be too surprised if those posts start coming up MIA with little or no warning.

Kyle,

How many threads have you had in the mod forums with my name on them??? :) I would bet there are more than a few.

JT

Not too many. Everybody thinks they are special and we talk about them a lot . You are a f*#king light weight in that regard. In fact...you are rather timid, like a little girl... or Carmoney. :)

roflol.gif

(Is this the Friday Flame War thread?)

Kyle,

JT

Not too many. Everybody thinks they are special and we talk about them a lot . You are a f*#king light weight in that regard. In fact...you are rather timid, like a little girl... or Carmoney. :)

roflol.gif

(Is this the Friday Flame War thread?)

Now that is funny!