Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best All Purpose Lube?

G34 CORDY

I have been using Hoppe's 9 oil and solvent to lube and clean everything but I have been wanting to use something else alittle better. I have heard people using slide glide but is that just as the name states just for the slide? I want a good all purpose lube so what do you guys think I should buy. Thanks

militec, and mobile 1 synt when i'm out of militec.

i find militec work/penetrate and hold better on eated metal. i guess molecules are streching allowing the oil going ''inside'' the metal.

i just eat the parts to be lubed till too hot for my skin,then oiling immediatly.

Edited by sigsauerfan

And is slide glide a good all around lube like barrels, guide rod, guide rod spring etc?

ft10 is a very good oil and slide glide is a good grease for everything you mention as well as the slide stop.

dont use slide glide on the hammer / sear, it's too heavy.

ft10 will lube the entire pistol, it's all i used till finding slide glide. now i dont have to re-oil the slide as often.

Edited by wanderer

Try this http://www.gunzilla.us/ This is the best all around clp that I have found so far. The only negative thing that takes a little getting used to is the fact that it is very thin. Its consistincy is like water, but the lubercation properties are definitely there. I have shot my last 3 matches using this stuf with no problems at all. I have even used it on the insides of my mags and then wiped them dry. If you think your gun is clean wipe it down with this stuff and see what your patches look like.

I moved away from Oil some time ago in my competition guns. I use Rig gun grease, on the slide, barrel lug, and the end of the barrel aka Cone Comp.

I got started on grease after using up a couple tubes of slide glide which I liked. (I won the stuff).

The trigger, firing pin, and mag release, recoil rod get a shot of CLP-10.

Hello: The Redline assemble lube I use is very thin and red in color. If you put it between your fingers in wicks like a spider web. Great stuff! I may try some of there transmission fluid in the light weight. We used to use it on Formula Ford gearboxes with great results. There are alot of great lubes out there for different things besides guns :cheers::roflol: Thanks, Eric

I used to use FP10 and it was a very good lube but I switched to Castrol Syntec motor oil just because that's what I use in my car and I have enough to last me a life time after draining what's left in the bottles after an oil change.