Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Multi-Gun Nationals

Pat,

I had already offered to switch in a different thread. I would like to know what way we are going before this weekend. I just got back from the ITRC match and only have this weekend to get my gear sorted out for the trip. It still looks to me that we should roll into HM tac, but limited sounds more appealing to me right now.

Stlhead

(Shawn Talley)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy Iron...Heavy Tac and Limited shooters.

I think that JJ's plan for us to combine in some fashion to allow at least one of our divisions to be recognized has merit.

Heavy Iron's can move to either Limited or Heavy Tac so that would be the most logical step.

I will go that direction and I believe JJ will too. Fellow HM Iron guy Shawn Talley are you reading this? Please join us, you would be most welcome!

Let us be counted!

Benny go ahead and shoot HM Tac, you know you want to.

CraigS please shoot what you were planning to!

Maybe Barry Dueck will move back to HM Tac.

What say you?

Patrick

Pat,

I currently don't have a iron sighted heavy rifle but I am willing to help out any way I can. I will plan on sticking with Limited for the time being unless things change.

Scott

If they remove the minimum amount of shooters or lessen it substantially, we will have to name 2010 "The year USPSA heard the shooters"!

:)

Sorry Mike I have to disagree.

I do not want the USPSA to lesses the requirement for division titles.

As I have stated elsewhere it would only cheapen the title.

Respectfully

Patrick

What rules are we shooting by this year & do you have to make major?

USPSA Multigun Rules - same as last year & you need to make major to get major points. Most shooters will be shooting major pistol and minor rifle - just got the database, hope to set up online squadding by the end of the weekend.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA Multi-gun Nationals Statistician

This is probably a dumb question, but are we using time plus multi-gun rules or standard uspsa scoring rules for multi-gun. If we are using time plus then we wouldn't have to worry about major minor , right?

The rules were revised July 2010. Prior to the update in July, only Level 1 or 2 matches had the option to use Time Plus -- so it was not even a consideration when the registration for this match opened in early April. It is my understanding that we are using standard USPSA scoring (calculating points based on the number of targets, hit factoring based on points/time, and stage points based on hit factors & total points available for that stage). All the applications required that you designate major or minor for pistol & rifle. I am assuming we are awarding major & minor points (not needed in Time Plus).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA Multi-gun Nationals Statistician

FYI, Benny

If they remove the minimum amount of shooters or lessen it substantially, we will have to name 2010 "The year USPSA heard the shooters"!

:)

Sorry Mike I have to disagree.

I do not want the USPSA to lesses the requirement for division titles.

As I have stated elsewhere it would only cheapen the title.

Respectfully

Patrick

Would 8 versus 10 cheaper it that much? If it was you, Trapr, JJ, Benny (i know, he uses a scopey thingy), etc and only made 8 for example, would that not still be a victory worth it all? I agree, removing the minimum may not be the best, but it looks like if they decrease it a small bit to allow for the hardcore gents like yourself to compete against each other and have a true division winner, I think it would be great. I too am in a division in threat of not having enough, by the book. I guess we will se what Mr Anderson and the BoD come up with...

Cheers! Only 2 more weeks.

M

I think the divisions other than Open and TS should all be put together, run what you brung, and see what shakes out...its basically whats going to happen anyway because there are not enough in any of the three standing alone...

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

I agree with Chuck. Unless it is an issue for ammo transport, I would wait. We apparently have a sizable number of shooters who are signing in late. I am aware of a few more shooters who plan to attend in the "iron sight only" divisions. I am fine with late changes of division.

That said - a few words about the shooters who plan to not register early & plan to walk-on the day of the match. I welcome everyone, and stats will make sure we get you through quickly & out to shoot. The more the merrier. What I will NOT do, is honor any special squad requests for walk-ons. Day of the match sign in will put you where ever there are openings in the squad schedule. It strikes me as really unfair to inconvenience the shooters who registered early, by over filling squads with last minute registrations.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA MG Nationals Statistician

Hello everyone,

Here are some updates on the upcoming USPSA MultiGun match in Las Vegas.

Stages will be up on the Nationals web page very shortly http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/

Minimum round count is Rifle 140, Handgun 130, Shotgun 130 (120 Bird shot and 10 slugs)

Steel Challenge, MultiGun Nationals and two handgun nationals in two months is more than slightly overwhelming.

As far as the minimum competitors to recognize divisions, the decision of the BOD is to have the Limited, Heavy Metal Tactical and Heavy Metal Limited divisions recognized even if they do not meet the 10 competitor minimum at the 2010 MultiGun National match. We understand there is a time frame for growth and want to encourage shooters to compete with firearms you desire to use.

One of my great desires is to have a uniform set of equipment rules for all 3 Gun and Multigun matches. Nothing is more disappointing to a shooter than being moved to another division where they are not competitive due to a single match technicality.

We are allowing non magnified optics on Limited rifles, created Heavy Metal Tactical and changed the Heavy Metal Limited handgun to any L10 pistol in .45acp due to shooter requests.

Once the match is finished I do intend to have a "town hall meeting" to invite comments from you the shooters on what you want to see in MultiGun competition. Most of the major MultiGun match directors will be in attendance and I am sure they are interested as well.

There are some great shooting challenges and fun surprises this year!

See you in Las Vegas!

Michael Voigt

Hello everyone,

Here are some updates on the upcoming USPSA MultiGun match in Las Vegas.

Stages will be up on the Nationals web page very shortly http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/

Minimum round count is Rifle 140, Handgun 130, Shotgun 130 (120 Bird shot and 10 slugs)

Steel Challenge, MultiGun Nationals and two handgun nationals in two months is more than slightly overwhelming.

As far as the minimum competitors to recognize divisions, the decision of the BOD is to have the Limited, Heavy Metal Tactical and Heavy Metal Limited divisions recognized even if they do not meet the 10 competitor minimum at the 2010 MultiGun National match. We understand there is a time frame for growth and want to encourage shooters to compete with firearms you desire to use.

One of my great desires is to have a uniform set of equipment rules for all 3 Gun and Multigun matches. Nothing is more disappointing to a shooter than being moved to another division where they are not competitive due to a single match technicality.

We are allowing non magnified optics on Limited rifles, created Heavy Metal Tactical and changed the Heavy Metal Limited handgun to any L10 pistol in .45acp due to shooter requests.

Once the match is finished I do intend to have a "town hall meeting" to invite comments from you the shooters on what you want to see in MultiGun competition. Most of the major MultiGun match directors will be in attendance and I am sure they are interested as well.

There are some great shooting challenges and fun surprises this year!

See you in Las Vegas!

Michael Voigt

Way cool.

Squad shooting schedule is posted at USPSA.

Kind of a weird one.

!5 squads - 13 places to be (12 stages plus chrono). During each time period, there are always 2 squads that will not be shooting. Each squad is shooting the stages in numerical order order from their starting point. Every shooter takes the time period "Off" after stage 5 and after chrono. Not sure why that is "weird."

If there is a different or better way to do this, please send me an email message. I am ALWAYS looking for better or more efficient ways to set things up.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 USPSA MG Nationals Statistician