Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3-Gun Nation on VERSUS

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the producers are guessing wrong who the top finishers will be.

For tactical, coverage was pretty light on the 2nd and 3rd place finishers - near the end, they butcher Chris's name pretty good on the graphic.

On the web page for the Area 6.. same thing.. sort of pass over Chris quickly for winning Tactical.

For tactical, coverage was pretty light on the 2nd and 3rd place finishers - near the end, they butcher Chris's name pretty good on the graphic.

On the web page for the Area 6.. same thing.. sort of pass over Chris quickly for winning Tactical.

Yeah, but we hope they have learned some lessons. They probabvly have a budget to deal with as well so they can't film everyone. I know I wasted some film for them this year :roflol:

Ya, it kind of sucks that there isn't always a ton of B Roll to support every shooter. I think we all have a hard time guessing who the top finishers will be....there are always the safe bets but I can't think of a match this last year where there wasn't 1 or 2 guys who poked there heads into the top 5.

When you couple that with the fact that it is damn near impossible to get film of the top 10 guys in a division when we are all trying to squad with travel partners/buddies/etc. and you have a bad recipe for trying to find some footage of a guy who finishes in the top 5 yet was on a squad schedule totally opposite of the film crew.

On the plus side there have been a ton of opportunities for guys to expose their sponsors on National TV.......how cool is that!

Saw Part2 of the Vegas filiming. I htink this was all the 3GunNation stages.

Nice stages.. looks like lots of running

I'd never seen a plate rack like that for the rifle - that was excellent. Like a MGM Precision rifle target, but there's 6 of them on a plate rack size board.. the backer was all scoring no shoots.

If anyone else saw it.. didn't the video make it look like Bruce broke the 180 at the end of the rifle portion?

So, all the in-laws and out-laws are over for Thanksgiving and after the meal most are sitting around watching football. And then it hits me. 3G Nation should be coming on at 3:00. What a great chance to share with them the sport I love. So, after getting approval to cut from the football games to 3GN for 30 minutes and what do I find on VS today? A Rocky re-run. So with all the crappy air times for 3GN and the only one day that we might get some good exposure, they do not air it and play Rocky reruns instead.

What a bummer :angry2:

Saw Part2 of the Vegas filiming. I htink this was all the 3GunNation stages.

Nice stages.. looks like lots of running

I'd never seen a plate rack like that for the rifle - that was excellent.

If anyone else saw it.. didn't the video make it look like Bruce broke the 180 at the end of the rifle portion?

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

They did a decent job of catching the flavor. I still think the Iron Man stages with Burkett's shooter cam and the shoot house animation were high points for non-shooters to understand what we actually do.

I'd never seen a plate rack like that for the rifle - that was excellent. Like a MGM Precision rifle target, but there's 6 of them on a plate rack size board.. the backer was all scoring no shoots.

It SUCKED being the RO who had to score that. Many, many people had hits that got partial (and even full) diameter hits on the NoShoot plate but then ricochetted in and knocked down the plate. Even people who went 6-for-6 frequently had NS penalties. It got to the point when I could tell that they had a NS when the plate fell slower than usual.

The 3GN stages were not run completely on USPSA Multigun rules.

It SUCKED being the RO who had to score that. Many, many people had hits that got partial (and even full) diameter hits on the NoShoot plate but then ricochetted in and knocked down the plate. Even people who went 6-for-6 frequently had NS penalties. It got to the point when I could tell that they had a NS when the plate fell slower than usual.

Sounds like a cool idea but poor execution on that target?

Is that legal anywhere? Most of the main safety rules are the same everywhere..

Is that legal anywhere? Most of the main safety rules are the same everywhere..

We need instant reply in 3 gun! :roflol:

Check out the News button at 3GN. Looks like the matches are set for 2011, with the big dance in West Virginia! Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, hide yo' husbands cause we're going to West Virginia!!!!

3GN news link

Help me out where does it list the 2011 matches?

Must be suffering from early affects of "old timer disease"

Patrick

Check out the News button at 3GN. Looks like the matches are set for 2011, with the big dance in West Virginia! Hide yo' kids, hide yo' wife, hide yo' husbands cause we're going to West Virginia!!!!

3GN news link

Help me out where does it list the 2011 matches?

Must be suffering from early affects of "old timer disease"

Patrick

"The next stop on the FNH USA 3-Gun Nation Tour, Presented by SureFire, is Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, March 25-27, 2011, in Mesa, Arizona. Superstition will mark the third qualifying event on the 2011 3GN Tour, before the following points matches: Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun, MGM Ironman, JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship, and USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals. The Tour will conclude following the FNH USA-3-Gun Nation Championship, which is set for Nov. 10-12, in Glengary, W.V. As in 2010, competitors will be vying for enough points to qualify for the 3GN Championship, where the winner will take home $25,000, courtesy of Leupold Tactical Optics."

Third PP from the bottom of this: http://www.3gunnation.com/news/darst_wins_3gn_shoot-off_5000

States:

"The next stop on the FNH USA 3-Gun Nation Tour, Presented by SureFire, is Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun, March 25-27, 2011, in Mesa, Arizona. Superstition will mark the third qualifying event on the 2011 3GN Tour, before the following points matches: Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun, MGM Ironman, JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun, Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship, and USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals. The Tour will conclude following the FNH USA-3-Gun Nation Championship, which is set for Nov. 10-12, in Glengary, W.V. As in 2010, competitors will be vying for enough points to qualify for the 3GN Championship, where the winner will take home $25,000, courtesy of Leupold Tactical Optics." From 3gunnation.com

Thanks guys!

I guess was expecting to find a "schedule of events"

Patrick

I think the 2010 schedule is finally updated;).

Just busting your ballzz Chad and Pete. The site and show is progressing nicely. More updates more often.

I'd like to hear more about the changes for season 2. I heard the shoot off was slightly different???

Pretty cool of Kurt to give up his spot in the shoot offs to Katie!