Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What competition belt do you use and why?

GrumpyOne

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this to stop the CR mag pouches from moving around.

Drill and tap the top of the loop for a cup type set screw.

HPIM1362.jpg

I just buy the DAA and I don't need to do anything ;) the DAA Is also a stiffer belt and that work better for me.

I own an older CR Speed and a newer AA. Both are equally stiff and quality good. Only benefit to the newer AA is that the inner leading end of the belt is tapered to better go through belt loops.

Same belt, just different brands.

HPIM1362.jpg

I just buy the DAA and I don't need to do anything ;) the DAA Is also a stiffer belt and that work better for me.

50 cents + 10 minutes vs $55 for the same result?

That's a no brainer.

Of my three current rigs, two are CR-Speed and one is DAA.

My DAA is the stiffest; almost too stiff, which is the reason why my newest rig features a CR instead. The stiffness of the DAA makes it seems to want to come off of me, as it doesn't conform to my waist as easily.

And FWIW, my new CR belt seems to be stiffer than the old one. And the new CR inner seems to be thinner than the old one. The new one was purchased this year, while the "old" one is about two years old (~2008).

ETA - Both of my CRS belts are the normal versions; I haven't tried the "Deluxe" or whatever it is.

Edited by Walküre

I started out with Safariland many years ago and thought it was okay. I switched to a CR and thought it was great. I used that on my Limited/Open belt for a few years and then brought a DAA for my Production rig. I have to say that I like the DAA a tad better than the CR - not as much sliding and feels a little stiffer to me. Honestly, CR and DAA are so close in my mind, it's statistically dead even but I have to give a very slight edge to the DAA.

HPIM1362.jpg

50 cents + 10 minutes vs $55 for the same result?

That's a no brainer.

Not sure as to why you are insisting.....I like the DAA better out of the 3 that I have tried...point!

Hey, no arguing here. It is a simple poll to determine what belts shooters are using.....

Dansy and I aren't argueing, we are having a loud discussion. Right Dan?

Alright then, no overly loud discussions then....you might wake up the neighbors....

I started with Safariland and now use CR Speed. I would not use anything else. I use them for my limited and production rig. They are stronger and last a lot longer. The Safariland just seems to sag over time. They just dont hold up like the CR Speed.

:yawn: Hey, what's all the commotion?:yawn:

:roflol:

See? You guys woke up Sarge...Now we're all gonna be on PT!

PT I just don't think so I'm in the Airforece and of higher ranks :):sight::devil::roflol:

Well, that just proves that officers' in any branch are ............Not good with spelling and grammar! :roflol:

Remember, no matter what rank you are, there is someone of a higher rank...Might be me, might not be me.... :devil:

PT I just don't think so I'm in the Airforece and of higher ranks :):sight::devil::roflol:

Not bloody likely.

I retired 2 1/2 years ago and drawing Social Security.

Well, that just proves that officers' in any branch are ............Not good with spelling and grammar! :roflol:

Now featuring, the comedic genious of Grumpyone! :cheers: