Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How long for mags to be received ?

mdschappell

I think about 6-7 weeks for both my pistol and rifle mags.

I put the order for free mags On April 10th, hoping to get them before RM300. I just got them a week ago... can't complain though. Free mags are free mags :)

• 1 month later...

I just pulled out my paperwork today, I sent my voucher in for the free mags on 5-6-2010. As of today, I have still not received them. I just sent Smith and Wesson an e-mail to see if there is a hold up. Hopefully, my paperwork didn't get lost in the mail.

My 9mm mags took 7 weeks. Still waiting on my 40 mags. They received the paperwork for my 40 mags on May 21st. I called malon or the promotion company and they told me it would be the end of July. I still haven't seen my 40 mags. I'll probably shoot S&W an email. So I am at 10 weeks or there abouts right now on my 40 mags.

AAARRRRGGGGG !!! I just received a response from Smith and Wesson customer service regarding my rebate / magazine slip that I submitted. The response was that the free magazine offer did not apply to used gun purchases. Imagine my shock when I read this. Either my dealer sold me a used gun under the impression that it was new, or Smith and Wesson has some really screwed up records. I obviously responded, and am awaiting a response back from Smith and Wesson. My dealer gave me the rebate slip to send in, and I seriously doubt he would have done that knowing the gun was used because he is a well respected dealer in the area.

Unless Smith screwed up their records, someone already used the serial number on your pistol to receive the rebate, regardless if the gun had been shot or not. Hope it's a mistake on Smith's part and you get your mags.

As an update, apparently someone already used my gun's serial number to get the free mags before I submitted mine. Smith and Wesson could not provide any other info on this for confidentiality reasons, so I cannot pursue that issue any further. Smith and Wesson did send me two new mags anyway, which is really good of them considering the circumstances.