Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving the 2011 into the digital age.

Carmine

As time goes by, electronics get smaller, better, and cheaper.

Cars used to not have TV screen and TV's were only 1 per family, so I am not buying the "rather have one that I can use on any gun" argument.

Cars may have a screen, but it's rarely a TV. No offense, but it's not really a good analogy. If you want more of an apples-to-apples, look at GPS navigation systems. For quite a few years now you've been able to buy a new car with a nav system built in, or you can by a portable nav system that you can put in any car. What do you see 9 times out of 10?...portable. I see lots of brand new cars that could have been ordered with an in-dash GPS and they've got a portable Garmin or TomTom on the dash. Sure, some people will buy a new car with in-dash GPS, but if you already own a portable unit that does what you need, and you're trying to keep costs down, you're far less likely to pay for the in-dash unit, which always costs more than what you'd pay for a good portable model.

In a similar fashion, I've got three timers and guns for all six divisions. Why would I bother paying an extra $100+ on a new gun when I already have the capability we're talking about here? That makes no sense at all unless someone wants it for the cool factor. R,

As long as we are talking about innovation, how about a gun with 1 wide slide with two ejection ports(one on the right, the other on the left), a single C-More right in the middle of the slide, two barrels, a grip wide enough for two mags side by side, essentially a double barreled, double magged S_I. Talk about split times then. Put two hits on every target, no problem. Put one round on target weak or strong hand, drop a mag, fire from only 1 barrel. Sure it'd be heavy and the grip would be very big, but hey, it's innovation! :cheers:

As time goes by, electronics get smaller, better, and cheaper.

Cars used to not have TV screen and TV's were only 1 per family, so I am not buying the "rather have one that I can use on any gun" argument.

Cars may have a screen, but it's rarely a TV. No offense, but it's not really a good analogy. If you want more of an apples-to-apples, look at GPS navigation systems. For quite a few years now you've been able to buy a new car with a nav system built in, or you can by a portable nav system that you can put in any car. What do you see 9 times out of 10?...portable. I see lots of brand new cars that could have been ordered with an in-dash GPS and they've got a portable Garmin or TomTom on the dash. Sure, some people will buy a new car with in-dash GPS, but if you already own a portable unit that does what you need, and you're trying to keep costs down, you're far less likely to pay for the in-dash unit, which always costs more than what you'd pay for a good portable model.

In a similar fashion, I've got three timers and guns for all six divisions. Why would I bother paying an extra $100+ on a new gun when I already have the capability we're talking about here? That makes no sense at all unless someone wants it for the cool factor. R,

You have a point there but the TV screen was just meant to be an example.

Personally, at this point, I would not be interested in the extra feature, either.

But, if the price difference for adding, e.g.,the timer feature to a gun, were marginal ($25 or so), I am sure these things could be sold. Not to you or me, of course, because we're both already set.

GrumpyOne, when you start building the double barrel gun, send me a PM. I'll take one.. :cheers:

With all the mentioned capabilities what about azimuth indication and being able to argue 180 violation calls? Or better yet some kind of warning to the shooter that they are nearing 180? I am sure a cmore could probably be made to have the capacity to count shots and display the count.

I am sure a cmore could probably be made to have the capacity to count shots and display the count.

and with technology today, im sure you could get the same size C-more with this feature. hey if your slide ride c-more works so wonderful now why invent the new STS? why would people switch?

I wonder if the good people at SV have decided "that's enough" inovation?

Uh not quite....did you notice the availability of a 38 oz Aluminum frame/grip Open gun with S7 tool steel rail inserts?

others to come soon as well...

Lee

Micro switch (trigger) activated solinoid that releases sear. I've been rolling this idea around for 2 years. There are electronic triggered guns already out there.

The e-trigger concept is pretty neat. There is a guy over on RFC whose actually built one for a 10/22. It works, and apparently works very well. The form factor leaves a lot to be desired (looks like you put a 10rd AICS mag in the gun), but of course that's something that will have to be worked on.

I actually think the on-gun shot timer idea is pretty cool, myself. Making training more accessible/easier?effective is ALWAYS a very good thing in my book. Instead of picking up shots with a mic, I was wondering how one could have an instantaneous switch somewhere on the gun that activates via firing. IE, slide, trigger/sear juncture, perhaps a replacement for the traditional overtravel screw?

Edited by J-Hon

Hmmmm...let's see here. Right now the cheapest grip you can get for an S_I runs $100+. If you add electronics, it's got to get more expensive...maybe $200? For $100 or so I can get a timer that will work with all of my guns, not just the one with it built into the grip ;)

Herein lies the problem. Most of us have more than one gun that we use, whether it's for different divisions or games. I'll go out on a limb and say the majority of paintballers only have one marker. It's much simpler and cheaper for us to get a standalone device that can work for all of our firearms.

Micro switch (trigger) activated solinoid that releases sear. I've been rolling this idea around for 2 years. There are electronic triggered guns already out there.

Do they have e-triggers for a semi-auto? I'm just worried about mechanical bounce.

Sound to me that many on this forum have had more than passing look at paintball gear.

I've brought my Angel to an IPSC match for the "after show"..you know when the range help and friends get to try your gear.

I get the same response everytime..."WTF...that was in Semi Auto mode....at 16+ BPS".

Just having fun and introducing people to having fun in the shooting sports.

Ciao.

I actually know a guy who is working on a small camera integrated into the CMore. Hes also talked about building a timer into the grip - Ill have to call and see if hes gotten anywhere with it all.

Of course if it all comes to pass were going to look like the "Tacticool" crowd with coffee makers hanging from their AR's

Shot counter integrated into a c-more would be the easiest and most practical, initially at least. A unit could be programable for rounds in a mag as well as a reset from slide lock forces for a new mag. Although who really has the time during a stage to read how many shots are left? Maybe a flashing icon or something for when 5 rounds are left in a mag?

I guess I'm the only one here old enough to remember the shot counter that mounted on the right side and showed how many rounds were fired. IIRC it was mechanical and it kinda looked like one digit of a automobile odometer. For some reason it never caught on.