Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is That A Glock? Or are you just happy to see me...

SPQRsniper

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two or so years ago,a guy named viejo jones was passing by the reno area and decided to shoot the local carson city match. Well, he ended up winning the match beating a few hot shot (or so we thought we were) B OPEN shooters. Guess what he was shooting? You got it , G24 . I think he was an A class shooter at the time. Fear the shooters form the darkest side!!!

BE wrote:  (old roadracers adage)

You raced also??! Wow - good to know there are some USPSA folks who have raced more than the guns (and mouths, at times). At least 4 of us in Area 8 are former sprint/endurance roadracers. Burnie Conester at VA Arms still races his TL. For the rest of us, we figured its too dangerous though, so we gave it up to play with loaded firearms while running instead.

D.

"Hey! I resemble that remark!"

Ong45:

Veijo is a good guy, Limited Master now and working on Grandmaster. I thought I had him in a match last spring when the front sight went sailing off of his Glock. Don't know why he wasn't shooting his S_I. He managed to thump me pretty good anyway. How humbling, beaten by plastic with no sight...

(Edited by Ron Ankeny at 9:33 pm on Jan. 25, 2002)

Ponder this, Grasshopper Burkett:

"I was 20 when I went in; 31 when I come out. You don't count months and years--you don't so time that way. You gotta forget time; you gotta not give a #$&* if you live or die. You gotta get to where nothin' means nothin'."

James Caan

Thief, by Michael Mann

Back to the original post, I usually get at least one negative, equipment related comment at the few matches I have attended. Glock. Overall, though, the folks have been encouraging and helpful. Maybe it's because I always try to bring another shooter, but I think it's mostly that the IPSC shooters are generally cool. I like the fact that IPSC is state-of-the-art but has made room for new shooters with so-so equipment.

chris, the only thing i've done to my glock was chang the sights, fiber optic front  and wilson fixed rear, also had to put in a KKM barrel (kb the factory one) but that doesn't really help because the factory barrel was more reliable and just as accurit. polish all the trigger parts and you've got all you need to get you to A class. although i do plan on some bomars soon.

Nobody seemed to mention that unknown guy that kicked butt in the production class at the Limited Nats.  Russian fella I think it was, his mug is in the latest Front Sight.

I shoot my 35 in production sometimes, stock sights too :P~  2.5lb trigger pull and ultra flat recoil.

• 1 month later...

Dave Sivigny ( sp?) heck i can't spell my own name right sometimes. he is from the New England area, yeah, yeah, he was unknown. he took second in the 2000 IDPA nationals i believe, Won the 2001 IDPA nationals, and just won the 2002 IDPA winter nationals. hummmmm. he is american, althought after seeing that hockey goalie kneeling stance i am not sure he is human.. OUCH!

i have something against glocks.... their shooters!!! not all of them, but a large part of glock shooters are cult like and arrogant, news flash to them, even glocks jam too, i have no problem with what anybody shoots, its the shooter not the gun, yes, and i believe this is what the point was, the evaluation of your "competitions" equipment. i look at him, generally its 'he is new, or can't afford a 1911' or he likes glocks, i like beretta's i can't get a 20 round mag for them so i shoot a para in IPSC limited.

to turn the tables a bit, i have shot glock, they don't fit me, and i have seen a club shut down because of arrogant glock shooters.

a gun is a gun, i believe rob letham could win shooting a jennings if he set his mind to it.

• 1 month later...

Yep, Dave Sevigny is my Glock Jock idol. The kid can SHOOT! And he's a nice guy as well. Look for him to win major tournaments in Limited division this year with his essentially stock Glock.

I use a G21 with Hiene sights in limited and it works great. As others have mentioned, it is the shooter that makes the difference.

Did anyone find out if he shot a Glock at the Alabama State match?  He won limited there, but someone had posted they thought he might shoot a S_I gun in limited. Anybody know for sure?

I have Never had any problems with my fellow shooters at local matches except some  good natured ribbing.  I shoot a G-21 in lim-10. It also helps we have about 6-10 Glock shooters that show up for most of the matches

Glock was just a inexspensive way to get into USPA and see if I would like it ; now that I'm fully addicted and love the sport I have a pistol that can be competitive for a while. I will shoot the GLock until i out shoot the pistol which that will probably be never so it will be Glock for a long time..

the stock trigger  and sights are terrible, but a little polishing, spring changes, and 3.5 connector and it is a good little trigger.......

Mark L

Watch it Sally.     I haven't shot my Glock in quite a while.   Been trying to get the hang of my SV.  I figure if I spent the money on it, I ought to shoot it, right?  

I did make some nice improvements on my Glock though, and have worked on a few others here locally.  I've also given others some "tips".  USMarine, for one, has run with it and has a great trigger on his G35.  

For those interested, the Ghost Rocket connector is here:

http://www.ghostblock.com/ghost_rocket.html

I will state that I have never used one and can't say whether or not it is a good purchase.  I modify factory parts in my trigger jobs, and install my own pretravel and overtravel stops.  A search on Glocktalk for the Ghost Rocket might turn up something useful.

Quote: from Shooter Grrl on 12:16 pm on May 10, 2002

Quote: from EricW - Worship the cult, or prepare to be burned as a Heretic!!!  Death to the Infidels!

OH you heretic - what say you now - now that you set aside that tupperware gun for a REAL ONE!

Eric say: Whooppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!