Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 5 Championship

The 2011 Area 5 Championship will be held at PASA PARK in Barry, Il

Range Master: Troy McManus

Match Director: Ray Hirst

Date: Early June probably second or third week.

Ray doesn't do the forum stuff much, so I'm sure I'll be the conduit for info on the match. You will find all the info you need on the website and also posted here. If you have questions, for which I don't have the answer, you will be able to contact Ray directly, or I'll find out what you need and get it to you.

Until then, I'll see you on the range.

JT

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See if the 3rd week in June works. With DTC being the 1st weekend it might be tough for some folks to make both matches if they are on back to back weekends. Especially folks that like to shoot and work big matches.

By the voting it looks like it should be polo again. 94 to 40 something..lol

If I had seen something like 75% it might have swayed us to take it again... The numbers are also a way to give people a chance to rate how well we did without confrontation. ;)

We really appreciate all your support, let's try and keep this thread about the 2011 match. :)

My best to you all...

JT

Edited by JThompson

Some of you have seen the very cool 1911 Richard Henie built for auction with proceeds to go to a charity for children. He was going to build one for us to be auctioned at the 2011 Area 5.

I spoke with Ray and he is happy to do the same, so there will be a "Full Custom" Heinie gun at auction for the 2011 Area 5. The details of the auction haven't been confirmed, but it will go something like this... You will get one entry for shooting the match and then you can buy more tickets up to X number. As the details are firmed up with Ray and Richard, I will keep you up to date. Area 5 will buy the gun and Richard will donate all the custom parts and time on the gun. The gun will then be auctioned and all the profit from the gun will be donated to a childrens charity under the name Richard Heinie and The USPSA Area 5 Championship.

Perhaps you guys in Front Sight would like to get on board with this and publicize the gun and provide single entry forms into the mix. If anyone reading wants to discuss it. please PM me and I'll refer it to the proper parties to get the ball rolling. The USPSA helping children, that's something I know all the shooters can get behind.

I just got off the phone with Ray and offered my services to do the website and forum part of the match. He offered me the assistant MD for the match and I have accepted. Basically, I will do the Q&A for you guys and free him up to concentrate on getting the match stuff done. One of the hardest parts of doing an MD is handling all the questions and still managing to get the stuff done to actually put on match. What I will not be doing is making major decisions for the match.

I'm going to need a shirt that says "Ray's B****" goof.gif

Carl, can you fix me up? tongue.gif

JT

Edited by jhgtyre
jhgtyre at the posters request

Being by Jims side during Area 5 and around him the 5 months prior I can vouch just how much time and effort he put into the match a few weeks ago. I tired to convince him a second year would not be near as bad as a big part of the work/planning would be done.

However it does seem to make sense to take a year off, pass it along and then put on another great show in 2012.

Jim my hat is off to you and you can bet I'll keep pressing you in two years.....

• 1 month later...

The 2011 match site has begun it's transformation... more info will be coming soon including the match sponsor for the event. For those of you who don't like waiting, you can sign up now. There is an online payment option and the apps will be out soon. The website with gather all the information we need to get you in the match....

We'll be using the same matrix as last year... online squadding will be up and running too, Dale Hayen has graciously taken on the job.

2011 Area 5 Championship

JT

Edited by JThompson

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent you a PM... we need some detail on it. You can sign up at the A5 website or hit me with an email address and I will forward it on to Ray. He will be choosing staff for this one.

JT

Jim,

Did you get my message about working Area 5...

Trini

I'm going to try to RO this match. Gotta talk the skipper in to it.

Let us know...

Edited by JThompson