Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Multigun Championship

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the only real questions I have is on the 90 second par time... that seems like a bit of time until I think about the few times I timed out last year with a 3 minute par time..

Also looks like the whole match could be won or lost on stage 7. 4 MOA targets and you can't move on?

Looks like fun.

I guess the only real questions I have is on the 90 second par time... that seems like a bit of time until I think about the few times I timed out last year with a 3 minute par time..

Also looks like the whole match could be won or lost on stage 7. 4 MOA targets and you can't move on?

Looks like fun.

4 MOA is a pretty big target. Bigger than I have seen at most matches.

[

Scoring - will be a local variant of stage points, not cumulative time. Calculated like stage points elsewhere, except points on each stage based on number of targets on that stage.

????????????????????????????? :unsure:

Here's an example I hope clears any confusion. The stage is a rifle and pistol stage. There are a total of 37 rounds for the stage, targets are given a 5 point value for a total of 185 points for the stage. Its still time plus penalties but the stages have points based on target count as Lee indicated. Hope this helps.

Clear as mud :P

Shane has been moved to World War 2 Division...Thank you for your request.

Thank you for your quick response. :roflol:

:roflol: shred has Hippie beads in hanging from his mirror :roflol:

Find me on my stage and show me that you "Caught the Fever" for a Hat. ;)

V

Looked like Mardi Gras beads, to me. Being originally from New Orleans, seen them before. :cheers:

Good time for a reminder to closely adhere to the 55 mph speed limit through Liberty Hill. They are VERY picky about that.

Looks like fun.

Since I have never heard MOA used to describe a target size, could you enlighten me on the actual size of a 4MOA target please? Any time you are shooting long range in central Texas there are a lot of factors beyond the size of the target.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to shoot it.... I have been stuck in Iraq for almost 5 months with almost zero trigger time so any rounds downrange is gonna make me giddy.. :)

Looks like fun.

Since I have never heard MOA used to describe a target size, could you enlighten me on the actual size of a 4MOA target please? Any time you are shooting long range in central Texas there are a lot of factors beyond the size of the target.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to shoot it.... I have been stuck in Iraq for almost 5 months with almost zero trigger time so any rounds downrange is gonna make me giddy.. :)

1 moa=1 inch(roughly) at a 100 yds. So a 4moa target will be 4in at 100,8in at 200 and so on. Hope that helps.

4.4 Shotgun ammunition shall be 20 gauge or larger - #4 LEAD SHOT or smaller & SLUGS ONLY. Steel shot specifically not allowed. Use of steel shot is a safety violation and will result in a participant’s event disqualification.

From the rules pdf document.

Does anyone know if the range will be open on Thursday so we can check rifle zeros?

Rich

Does anyone know if the range will be open on Thursday so we can check rifle zeros?

Rich

All bays and the rifle range are being used for stages, so do not count on being able to check zero. There is an outside possibility we can break someone free, but the last minute stuff will keep the staff busy. We cannot discriminate - if sight-in is available for one it has to be for all.

Lee

Just got home from the RO match.

Great props, Fun stages, well thought out.

Did I say the wind was a PITA.

The stage with the flying birds was amusing ,

in that the birds went up then took a Hard left turn and just floated.

Damn wind, never stopped.

Dave

Just got home from the RO match.

Great props, Fun stages, well thought out.

Did I say the wind was a PITA.

The stage with the flying birds was amusing ,

in that the birds went up then took a Hard left turn and just floated.

Damn wind, never stopped.

Dave

I hope the wind holds up for another week,,,, so all can enjoy!!!!! it! next weekend!

Jim

I still have nightmares from the 09 match at Tiger Valley. 20-30 mph crosswind on the day my squad shot the long stuff. It actually blew the OBR off the table between shooters!

Edited by prreed10