Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guys who don't wash their hands

G-ManBart

What I can't figure out is why people don't wash there hands before using the bathroom.

Trust me, compared to everything else you touch during the day, your junk (or someone else's )is far more likely to be cleaner than your desk phone or your keyboard.

Edited by smokshwn

I try to always use the kung-fu flush and then use a paper towel

to open the door to leave.

I use my foot to raise and lower the seat and flush in public restrooms. Quite the feat when you're recovering from knee surgery.

So I'm rinsing my coffee mug out in the sink at the end of the day, guy is over at a urinal, finishes, flushes, and walks out the door. Ick....like I really want to grab the door handle after you :sick:

I agree it sounds nasty but..........

Guy uses restroom, finished and goes to sink and turns the water on with the hands he went to the bathroom with. Washes hands and turns water off touching all the leftovers + water to make it into a nice combination. Repeat 100's of times.

Thats alot of DNA on the sink. By the end of the day the guy that washes his hands has alot more than the guy who doesn't.

You can exchange the word sink for

Bathroom door handle

stall handle

toilet handle

soap dispenser

etc etc

Best bet

Don't wash and once outside the bathroom use a hand santitizer. They have the really small bottles that fit in your pocket.

Flyin

Ok, I will try to maintain the decorum of this forum. :rolleyes:

1) I learned long ago how not to pee on my hands when I use the urinal (yes, I do wash anyway).

2) Now, to no one in particular: people, do you have the same worries about germs when you kiss a lover who just had their mouth ............... I will let you finish that thought. :surprise: :surprise:

3) I agree that I would be a lot more worried about the germs on the faucet and the door handles than what are on my own.....body. That guy that just came out of the stall, touched those faucets before he washed his hands.

Just some sick thoughts.

Mark K.

The habit of not washing after is so bad where I work I make a joke of it by washing my hands then coming out to the lunch room and zipping up my pants like I just finished peeing then grabbing some chips from a bag.

And still the guilty parties don't get it! :blink:

Fun little tidbit: Did you know that (assuming a healthy bladder and ureter) urine's sterile until it exits the body? :ph34r: :ph34r:

In our EMT/Rescue class (a million years ago), we were advised that urine made a pretty useful saline solution in a pinch, but we were advised to pee into a bottle before using the saline solution to clean a wound on a victim. Apparently some people are testy about being directly peed on.

Many public restrooms now have motion sensor faucets so you're not touching them to wash up and transferring anything. The door is still an issue...paper towel for me, except some places have air dryers.

At least I'm not the only one that thinks this is kind of gross!

Edited by G-ManBart

I don't worry about it to much. I work in a prison so I'm in the habit of washing often but I'm not obsessive about it. Humans evolved with all that bacteria. We can handle most of it just fine. Unless your walking around with gloves or opening every door with a paper towel, not letting anyone prepare your food and a thousand other things it really doesn't matter how many times your wash your hands. It can't be avoided. Doesn't change that when you start thinking about it you realize how nasty it is.

Flyin

post-5017-127427121122_thumb.jpg

So no one here has used a Porta John or an outhouse at a match where you can't wash your hands, rarely have I used one where there is hand sanitizer in the shitter. I have worked in the construction field for 25+ years and have used a lot of Porta Johns and never washed my hands because there was not option to do so. I rarely get sick. I guess I am not that sensitive about this subject.