Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bar stool racer...scared the CRAP outa me

GentlemanJim

Well...years ago I bought an engine out of an ultralight airplane at a swap meet :rolleyes:

I had built barstool racers before with small motorcycle engines...great for pit bikes, and just goofing around.

Somewhere along the line ...I decided to put the ultralight engine in a barstool....That was the first mistake

I have a swap meet coming up this sunday, so I decided to finish up the racer to sell...I need Corvette money :closedeyes:

The chassis was complete years ago (high end racing go kart Highly modified) Just need finishing stuff, throttle gas tank paint ect

Oh did I mention brakes???.....second mistake :huh:

So...I get this mess all up and ready to run...I think I should give it a test drive.

The carb was a little grungy...It started,but was kinda rough

I pushed the gas down..it felt a little weak...for about a half a second

Well...The engine instantly hit about 10,000RPM...It pulled a wheelie and zipped to about 30MPH...all I could do was barely hold on :surprise:

The frame Sticks out in the back a few inches...when it hits the ground, it unloads the rear wheels...thats all that saved me

As I careened across the front yard...just getting the front wheels back on the ground...I missed hitting my truck by inches...But the WILD turn pointed me directly at my shed...I missed the shed by inches ...on two wheels...Finaly able to hit the kill switch :wacko:

I PUSHED the little Demon back into the garage

I am STILL shaking

Not sure I should sell this or not....Its dangerous!!!

Jim

Edited by GentlemanJim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beer was not present :surprise:

Seems a little strange though.....being SO close to getting the Darwin award :goof:

It may be that a 450cc two stroke is TOO much for an 80 pound vehicle :blush:

I did find the brake system in a box...It must just be a option

Who can post the pics if I email them?....photobucket not working for me

:blink:

Jim

Beer was not present :surprise:

Seems a little strange though.....being SO close to getting the Darwin award :goof:

It may be that a 450cc two stroke is TOO much for an 80 pound vehicle :blush:

I did find the brake system in a box...It must just be a option

You're SUPPOSED to have Extra Parts left over, right?

PS An 80 pound vehicle with you riding on top would weigh a "little" more than 80 pounds ......... I'm just saying. :rolleyes:

You pussy! :surprise:Missed this by inches, missed that by inches. Sounds like a poor driver! :roflol: For this I'll come out to your place...as soon as the freekin wind stops blowing. :angry:

Drive on,

Pat

Sounds something like his shooting! :roflol:

:surprise:

Jim, was this more or less scary than the time that little tabby cat that was rumaging through your trash surprised you while you were seeking relief behind the garage? goof.gif

Jim, was this more or less scary than the time that little tabby cat that was rumaging through your trash surprised you while you were seeking relief behind the garage? goof.gif

That was no Tabby Cat...that was a freakin Mountain Lion :surprise:

But he has since moved the trash trailer further away from his favorite "relief" spot :)