Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thieves

Merlin Orr

Thieves. dry.gif

As all who know me will tell you I am about as low key and passive as anyone you will ever meet..... rolleyes.gif BUT, today when I walked out of Benny's shop to find my truck burglarized and my XD Tactical .45 gone it was just about enough to Piss Me Off.

Popped the lock and away they went.

Thieves. dry.gif

As all who know me will tell you I am about as low key and passive as anyone you will ever meet..... rolleyes.gif BUT, today when I walked out of Benny's shop to find my truck burglarized and my XD Tactical .45 gone it was just about enough to Piss Me Off.

Popped the lock and away they went.

I think Benny needs a dog....didn't somebody get their stuff taken from his shop not to long ago? Man I hate thieves!

My dad and my brother both had their Ford pickup trucks broken into in Corpus in the last year. They only go there a few times a year for fishing.

Dad's less than a month old truck had the window smashed out in front of a restaurant at lunch time. My dad happened to be coming out the door when they were rummaging through the back seat. Dad yells at them, the guy turns and starts to go to a truck his friend is driving carrying a bag of dirty clothes and a tackle box. The handle on the tackle box breaks when he tries to take off running and the guy trips over it, face planting into the asphalt. He gets up, they both take off in their truck and my dad calls the police, giving them the plate number, description, and direction they are headed. 20 minutes later a unit shows up, they told him they hadn't looked for the truck, this happens all the time, and they rarely catch the guys being they were probably illegals with a stolen plate.

Brother's truck had the lock popped off in a hotel parking lot at night. Lost a lot of electronics.

"All in favor a sting operation at Benny's?"

Now you're talkin'!!!! DO IT...!!!!

I don't think that's really a good idea unless you're LE. Might want to contact the local authorities and let them handle the "sting operation".

:cheers: OK: Here is one for you all. At the Double Tap this year the weather was lets say less than.....great. I had taken my fleese jacket off on friday, put on different jacket and set mine down in the connex container. I have always thought that USPSA shooters were a higher breed of people, I was proven wrong. My jacket disappeared with my house and office keys in the pocket. I understand who ever it was might have been cold but that is just crap. Getting my locks rekeyed, copies made of others and the ass pain from the government getting new keys to my office which still hasn't been setteled. People at matches ask me why I zip my bag and never let it leave my sight unless I am shooting a stage, I do not put anything past anyone anymore. I think you would be surprised who will rob you blind.

:cheers: OK: Here is one for you all. At the Double Tap this year the weather was lets say less than.....great. I had taken my fleese jacket off on friday, put on different jacket and set mine down in the connex container. I have always thought that USPSA shooters were a higher breed of people, I was proven wrong. My jacket disappeared with my house and office keys in the pocket. I understand who ever it was might have been cold but that is just crap. Getting my locks rekeyed, copies made of others and the ass pain from the government getting new keys to my office which still hasn't been setteled. People at matches ask me why I zip my bag and never let it leave my sight unless I am shooting a stage, I do not put anything past anyone anymore. I think you would be surprised who will rob you blind.

[/quote

Think about this situation for a second. A big shooting match, lots and lots of people, well advertised and a dream come true for thieves. If the thief is somewhat smart he might know that there are going to be lots of folks there with lots of guns so he/she (have to be fair here) shows up and wanders around looking things over. Nobody knows him/her. Just what does an average shooter look like. During the match an opportunity presents itself and the gun (gear, bag, etc.) and thief walk away into the crowd.

I'm like you, my bag is zipped and rarely leaves my sight.The vast members are honest but as I said, what does a thief look like?

This same idea pertains to Merlin's loss. A thief has a good idea that a vehicle parked many times outside a known gun shop probably contains a gun or two so he wanders around every once in a while until... :angry2:

CYa,

Pat

"All in favor a sting operation at Benny's?"

Now you're talkin'!!!! DO IT...!!!!

I don't think that's really a good idea unless you're LE. Might want to contact the local authorities and let them handle the "sting operation".

No don't set up a sting.

But it's amazing how folks in a gunsmith/gunshop might just happen to walk out on a burglary in progress while armed...

Well.. Elvis has definitely left the building but...... I did get a better alarm system and replaced the door lock with a blank panel like the back doors have. May just cause the next thief to break a window but they will not be popping the lock again because now there is no lock - just a keypad and my little clicker to unlock my truck.......closedeyes.gif

Well Hell, Tom. I guess that my sense of security was misplaced even with the mods I did......

I think that my alarm will go off if someone enters it now but..... Might look a little closer at the product you linked.

Thanks, I guess....laugh.gif

Edited by Merlin Orr