Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock vs beretta

bzt

Location, location, location. Just kidding, the real thing is the popularity of the guns. As we all know, popularity doesn't necessarily mean the glocks are better(even though they are :D ) it just means more people like them. Beretta's are fine guns but no one seems to enjoy talking about them & you will find lots more glocks out in competition than you will find Berettas.

MLM

I agree. I have owned a few 92's over the years and they are nice guns. But this is a competition forum. In USPSA production Glocks are more popular than 92's, no more, no less.

• 3 months later...

Interesting observation. I plan on using my 92D in our upcoming IDPA match this weekend, but I usually compete with one of my Glocks or a 1911. While I've been assidiously logging in the dry-fire practice time to hone my skills on my Beretta's DAO trigger, the reality is that the Glock's short trigger pull and quick, discernable reset point, combined with its lack of external controls, light weight, low cost and overall durability make it a more ideal gun for most from the get-go-in both competition and in "real life."

I'm not trying to take away from the Beretta's qualities, but that's just my observation.

Best, Jon

Interesting observation. I plan on using my 92D in our upcoming IDPA match this weekend, but I usually compete with one of my Glocks or a 1911. While I've been assidiously logging in the dry-fire practice time to hone my skills on my Beretta's DAO trigger, the reality is that the Glock's short trigger pull and quick, discernable reset point, combined with its lack of external controls, light weight, low cost and overall durability make it a more ideal gun for most from the get-go-in both competition and in "real life."

I'm not trying to take away from the Beretta's qualities, but that's just my observation.

Best, Jon

While I think both Glocks and Berettas are good handguns, I prefer my Beretta 92D for both competition (when I am not shooting revolver) and for defensive carry.

I think that the whole trigger reset issue is overblown. If you get used to a DAO trigger, just like getting used to any trigger type, you can shoot it well. Shooting revolver (A Ruger Alaskan, loaded with .45 Colt, and having approximately a 16 pound trigger pull) in competition I have finished ahead of my share of auto shooters that used a variety of DA/SA, Safe Action and other types. I can transition well from shooting the Alaskan to my Beretta 92D and several other DA/SA auto pistols that I have access to.

The Glock (in 9mm) is lightweight, which is good for defensive carry. The Beretta 92D being metal frame and heavier I feel absorbs recoil better and the weight does not bother me.

It all comes down to what you become accustomed to. If it were not for the variety of tastes, the firearms manufacturers would not come up with new products and options.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The best part about my beretta so far is that you can find military surplus stuff for it. I decided I wanted to start uspsa and I only have 2 magazines which is not enough. I went to the local gun shop and spend $45 on a new magazine. A week later I go to a gun show and theres a guy selling US made beretta mags for $6 a pop!!! So hell I buy 3 more. That, and it has always ran super smooth on Blazer $12 box ammo which is the cheapest I can find anywhere. I just genuinely enjoy shooting it too.

Glock vs. Beretta???!!!

:roflol:

Man, it is going to be a long winter, isn't it?

are you sure you don't write for Guns and Ammo?

how about:

.38 vs. 9mm

snubbies vs. pocket semi-autos

AR vs. AK

.223 vs. .308

inside the shooting box vs. not outside the shooting box

tastes great vs. less filling ?

My guess as to why there are so many pages on this forum dedicated to the Glock is because it is so popular. My guess as to why Glocks are so popular is because the trigger pull is the same for each shot. There's that, of course...and...well...no rap star has been able to come up with a word that rhymes with Beretta. :goof:

Glock vs. Beretta???!!!

:roflol:

Man, it is going to be a long winter, isn't it?

are you sure you don't write for Guns and Ammo?

how about:

.38 vs. 9mm

snubbies vs. pocket semi-autos

AR vs. AK

.223 vs. .308

inside the shooting box vs. not outside the shooting box

tastes great vs. less filling ?

My guess as to why there are so many pages on this forum dedicated to the Glock is because it is so popular. My guess as to why Glocks are so popular is because the trigger pull is the same for each shot. There's that, of course...and...well...no rap star has been able to come up with a word that rhymes with Beretta. :goof:

blonde vs brunettes

Firestone vs Goodyear

Glocks are great guns no way around it. I just like my steel guns I cut the hammer spring in about half polished the trigger and hammer lightened up the first shot big time

Interesting, never seen an all steel Berreta. Glocks are alot more popular than Berretas with competition shooters, thus the large amount of posts. Both are excellent combat pistols. I wouldn't have any issue if I had to switch the G22 in my duty holster for a Berreta 96.

• 1 month later...

My first gun is a 92FS Inox, made in Italy. It remains the most finely manufactured production firearm I own (the machining on the interior of the slide is as fine as the exterior) and I competed with it in my first year.

Honestly, it really didn't fit my small hands that well, so for Production I use Glocks, and have considered other, smaller gripped models.

• 1 month later...