Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I would complain about the cost of ammo for a stage at Ft. Benning. Think about the time and expense they contribute to put on a match that is excellent in all respects. They are a great bunch of people doing a great job putting on a first class match that they don't even shoot in. Don't insult them when you have not even seen the stage. It is a privilege as a civilian to be allowed to participate in the match on a U S Army Base.

Get off your high horse and untwist your knickers. It was just an observation, not an insult. People get way too sensitive about this match. :wacko:

I don't think I would complain about the cost of ammo for a stage at Ft. Benning.

Yeah... after fuel for a 3400km round trip drive, hotels, meals etc the cost of ammo is inconsequencial.

I'll spend more on "bring back" t-shirts for my kids at Ranger Joes :D

I don't think I would complain about the cost of ammo for a stage at Ft. Benning. Think about the time and expense they contribute to put on a match that is excellent in all respects. They are a great bunch of people doing a great job putting on a first class match that they don't even shoot in. Don't insult them when you have not even seen the stage. It is a privilege as a civilian to be allowed to participate in the match on a U S Army Base.

I don't think complaining about the cost of ammo or joking about the lack of beer money as a result of expensive ammo has anything to do with insulting the AMU or this match's stage designers. Nor does it mean anyone is ungratful for anyones hard work or the opportunity to attend a match on one if the most prestigious active duty military bases in the world.

Ammo is higher than it's ever been and slugs are the most expensive type of ammo we use. So I'll say it again. Everything about shooting a lot of slugs sucks because they are expensive and so does shooting a lot of my Black Hills match ammo. I hate everything about it other than that fraction of a second that I'm pulling the trigger. I love that part!!!

I don't think I would complain about the cost of ammo for a stage at Ft. Benning.

Yeah... after fuel for a 3400km round trip drive, hotels, meals etc the cost of ammo is inconsequencial.

I'll spend more on "bring back" t-shirts for my kids at Ranger Joes :D

Kilometers?????? Steven, that's like- what- 128 miles or something? :roflol: It will be good to see you guys. Have a safe trip down.

As for the slug stage- where else would you have a hoser stage WITH SLUGS other than Benning??? I'm looking forward to all 22 rounds of it. Of course considering how I usually shoot slugs it will probably be more like 25 rounds.

Edited by Bryan 45

Squad list? Just want to know who's coming to the party!

I have been ill for the last 2 weeks & am VERY behind on my personal to-do list. I doubt I will be able to post a squad list (since I am just getting started with squadding tonight, in between packing). Tomorrow I make the trip to Columbus GA.

I had what I thought was a "toothache," which was a little odd, since that tooth was a crown nearly 20 years old. An X-Ray revealed that the metal post on the crown had broken off & was sideways (outside the root canal & into the muscle of my jaw. The infection was actually in the jaw & not a tooth root.

The dentist put me on an antibiotic and it got worse. My dentist & oral surgeon wanted to hospitalize me for IV antibiotics. Instead, I started on a second antibiotic & some serious pain medication. As someone who rarely takes Tylenol, those pain pills worked like sleeping pills for me. For Thanksgiving dinner, I had pureed soup & some scrambled eggs. Feeling better now, but I am still on soft food & Advil for pain.

See everyone in a few days.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

well that explains why you have been so quiet lately. get well very soon!

just curious what about all chocolate you where promised?

I don't have to eat it on the range . . . I plan to bring it home. And, in fact, that is one thing I am looking forward to after all this.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

I have been ill for the last 2 weeks & am VERY behind on my personal to-do list. I doubt I will be able to post a squad list (since I am just getting started with squadding tonight, in between packing). Tomorrow I make the trip to Columbus GA.

I had what I thought was a "toothache," which was a little odd, since that tooth was a crown nearly 20 years old. An X-Ray revealed that the metal post on the crown had broken off & was sideways (outside the root canal & into the muscle of my jaw. The infection was actually in the jaw & not a tooth root.

The dentist put me on an antibiotic and it got worse. My dentist & oral surgeon wanted to hospitalize me for IV antibiotics. Instead, I started on a second antibiotic & some serious pain medication. As someone who rarely takes Tylenol, those pain pills worked like sleeping pills for me. For Thanksgiving dinner, I had pureed soup & some scrambled eggs. Feeling better now, but I am still on soft food & Advil for pain.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon.

Hurley

Anyone see a 4th slug target on stage 8 besides me?

If you do a shot count for the stage with the one Slug on the swinger and the two on the other paper, I think the two poppers each side of the swinger are No Shoot targets to keep us from hitting the swinger at the end of the swing. the swinger will activate from one of the close poppers.

I don't know , thats just my gift to you guys from the dark side of my brain.

My buddy that does not get to go figured it out for me

Anyone see a 4th slug target on stage 8 besides me?

If you do a shot count for the stage with the one Slug on the swinger and the two on the other paper, I think the two poppers each side of the swinger are No Shoot targets to keep us from hitting the swinger at the end of the swing. the swinger will activate from one of the close poppers.

I don't know , thats just my gift to you guys from the dark side of my brain.

My buddy that does not get to go figured it out for me

By golly I think you have it! :devil:

I've always liked slug stages with two on paper. Just something about the feel of double tapping with a shotgun. It's something we rarely get to do. Normally with shot it's individual rounds at separate targets. Hammers rarely get tested in Multi Gun. That's why I always thought it was funny when so many people got spun up about the cycling speed of different guns and went with one or the other because it ran .01 or .02 seconds faster than another. This is actually a stage that could benefit from that speed. 26 rounds of slug is not that high for a match this size. Does it really matter if it's 22 on one stage or 3-4 per stage on all the stages?

As far as it being real world. I don't plan to shoot anything once. Whether it's paper, steel or people. I know shootings where the first slug hasn't gotten the job done.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Sorry for the bad news Linda! Please don't worry about posting anything more about the match. We'll all be there in a few hours ready for the fun! Linda, Take good care. "Team Adam Carter" :devil::bow:

Edited by Team Adam Carter

While we are discussing stages am I reading the description for Stage 3 correctly? 22 slugs? 2 slugs required per T1-T11? :blink:

Yep apparently somebody wanted us to burn up all of our beer money on one stage. That stage should be sponosred by Remington Slugger's or Fiocchi Aero's.

I may be the only shooter at the match who is shooting birdshot which is more expensive than my slugs..........but no complaint from here.

Kilometers?????? Steven, that's like- what- 128 miles or something? :roflol: It will be good to see you guys. Have a safe trip down.

'Closer to 130 miles given the current exchange rate on the dollar...

'See ya there.

Entry Fee, Fuel, Food, Campground, Souvenirs and all the equipment to compete vs 22 slugs on one stage. Even at $1 a piece they pale by comparison to the cost of being in this game. Add to that the fact that we are shooting the FB3G match and there is just no reason to complain. Heck a bottle of CHEAP Whiskey costs more than the slugs.

I just hope that it isn't my first stage. I've been nursing a pinched nerve in my neck since forever it seems, finally got it straight about a month ago, don't need to jam it up on the first stage.

T minus 9 hours

I just broke my f'ing ankle so I won't get the chance to complain about those slugs. Heck maybe I intentionally broke it so I didn't have to waste all that money:)

Linda,

I'll call you once I get out of this emergency room. Go ahead and give my spot to the next shooter.

Have fun everyone!

TRAVEL ALERT: For anyone who is coming from the east and will be taking GA 96 into the Columbus area, just west of Ft Valley and before you get to Bulter there is a nothing town by the name of Reynolds. Reynolds is the worst speed trap I have ever seen. Pay close attention to the speed limit signs as they change every quarter mile coming in and leaving town.

I just broke my f'ing ankle so I won't get the chance to complain about those slugs. Heck maybe I intentionally broke it so I didn't have to waste all that money:)

Linda,

I'll call you once I get out of this emergency room. Go ahead and give my spot to the next shooter.

Have fun everyone!

Ouch!! Sorry to hear about this. I wish you well and hope you recover quickly!