Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great story from Mark, What if everyone had

I was talking with Mark Ramsey (ima45dv8) tonight on the phone, and he told me a great story. He had a friend, who he really admired, that said to him, "What if every one was born with a free pass to kill one person?" As I was thinking about it, and not coming up with anything to say, Mark said, "Think about that the next time you're mouthing of to some one. What if they haven't used their pass yet?"

:roflol:

I've said almost the same thing for years....but in my version it's one a year :devil:

People would be MUCH nicer to one another.....

And you'd be much nicer to knuckleheads in traffic and parking lots.... :devil: :devil:

I would hope they'd either be nicer to start with, or would have been culled from the herd by that point :lol:

I have been saying for 30 years that we should all get one Sidewinder missile on our car. You only get one per life so make it count. It would help curb the efforts of those idiots driving around our highways. :cheers:

The idea. it would make me even more tolerant, 'cause I wouldn't want to waste it on just some regular a-hole. It would have to be someone really special!

Funny thought though.

I've said almost the same thing for years....but in my version it's one a year :devil:

And you'd be much nicer to knuckleheads in traffic and parking lots.... :devil: :devil:

I would hope they'd either be nicer to start with, or would have been culled from the herd by that point :lol:

What if they hadn't used theirs, but you'd used yours? :D :D

Doh!

life is too valuable a commodity but for those that Bill is speaking of, to curb their ability to reproduce might be a good thing. I'm sure that auto insurance premiums would go down quite a bitin future generations.

I have been saying for 30 years that we should all get one Sidewinder missile on our car. You only get one per life so make it count. It would help curb the efforts of those idiots driving around our highways. :cheers:

Damn Bill, ya beat me to it! :roflol: I was gonna post that ......... naturally giving you the credit for saying it. :rolleyes:

"Just think, there'd be a market for selling your "unused" kill to the highest bidder."
Unfortunately, there'd be a LOT of that goin' around. Maybe the magic of this unique system, though, would automatically invalidate the privilege if it were "sold." Probably the "gaming" angle would work better. :D

Only if I was out of passes :cheers:

I really like the quote, but I can't help thinking...

Ever hear anybody step out to cross a street with a 2 ton car bearing down on them...and they say, "well...I've got the right of way!" ???

We get a lot of that from bikers that we pick up off the side of the road......legally they may have a point but the "lug nut rule" generally takes precedence :D

I really like the quote, but I can't help thinking...

Ever hear anybody step out to cross a street with a 2 ton car bearing down on them...and they say, "well...I've got the right of way!" ???

You've never driven in Princeton, N.J. --- where the highly educated need to be protected by signs erected in the middle of the road, announcing that vehicles are required, by law, to yield to pedestrians....

...and as a consequence, some pedestrians simply step off the curb without looking....

You've never driven in Princeton, N.J. --- where the highly educated need to be protected by signs erected in the middle of the road, announcing that vehicles are required, by law, to yield to pedestrians....

...and as a consequence, some pedestrians simply step off the curb without looking....

I had a classmate there who would deliberately slow down as he crossed the street, just to force cars to stop. He was bright, but not about everything, apparently. I thought of myself as being, not brighter, but a bit less trusting, and stopped crossing the streets with him. (We both survived to graduate. He went into law, I went into medicine.)

eta that I agree with:

Benos - definitely a more polite society, including yrs truly.

Putty - yup, there's always another one on the horizon.

BritinUSA - always worth taking the high moral ground.

Edited by kevin c