Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero Bullets

Rolex

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been waiting several months for a backorder of 9mm 125 JHP's. I know that Shooters Connection just received a pretty large shipment of several different bullets from Zero, but unfortunately no 9mm 125 JHP's this time. Those may be sold out by now.

Order placed for 9mm 125gr in November and they advised last week that they are nearly ready to ship those. The 115gr may / will be a couple of weeks behind that. I have a combined order of 125K projectiles, possibly a little more. But it depends on where you are in the order list. First in first out is their policy, if you cancel there are plenty of people waiting in line to get them.

Edited by gm iprod

why is there such a long wait for these bullets, why not order from someone else?

High demand, they take less powder than Montana Gold on average and people do not like working up new loads. Other than Montana Gold and some cast lead manufacturers the wait time is 8-12 weeks. If you start hoarding I mean ordering now you should get the bullets you want by June. Primers are another story I am still waiting for my Cabela's order I placed in June.

They have massive orders from ammunition manufacturers.

Massive orders from idiots like me.

And they can only make them as fast as they can. Unless someone stumps up a bigass chunk of money for new machines (which take 2years to be delivered I expect) and can magic up 3 or 4 experienced bullets makers / machineists we will have to put up with it.

Sierra are constantly going backwards at the moment. I was there 2008 and they were just pouring bullets out and they were still so far behind my order was going to take 6 months, and that situation is unlikely to change for a year or two according tot he email I got last month.

It is simple, some of you lot stop shooting until I get what I want. Who wants to be that man / woman. Not me. ;)

I ordered 125 JHPs in early October. I was told 'being made now' in Jan.

I've since ordered 1K Zero 124FMJ to keep me going.---ran out of those. Ordered 2K MG 124JHPs and got those in 5 days---using now.

124 JHPs are and have been available at several places, but no 125JHPs.

After 9 months of waiting for 180g JHP (.40) I cancelled my Zero order and called Montana Golds. Had a case in less than 1 week. Good for MG (and me!).

Wow bummer, I ordered mine a few weeks ago and I got mine in less than a week. I guess I lucked out and I need to put another order in.

Does anyone have a line on the lead time for 125gr JHP's?

I have a few thousand but if there is a few month wait on these I may be in some trouble and need to shoot something else for a bit.

MONTANA GOLD FOREVER!!!! Order on line at 3 in the morning and they are sitting on your front porch 3 days later. Zero makes a good bullet. But if you cant get them in the gun you can't have any fun. :lol: :lol: