Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero Bullets

Rolex

Blue-Star-Inc.com out of Searcy , Ark is very fast and seems to be in stock.

Either Pat Garrett or son Chris will take care of your order.

My 2 cents. :lol:

Jim M

At $126/K for the Zero 9mm 124gr JHP it's no wonder they have them in stock! From most other sources they're more like $82-85/K. Montana Gold 124 JHPs are $80/K if you buy a case. R,

Edit to add: their prices on other Zero bullet models seem to be equally elevated.

Edited by G-ManBart

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Backorders and shortages are one thing... But when they claim to have something in stock and they tell you to expect 4-6 weeks (longer not in stock) they just have no concept of customer service or management and don't care. If I could rustle up a fraction of that for my online businesses I would hire friends and family and anyone I could drag off the street to keep customers happy (did it back in the hey day of late 90's) and run 7 days a week. I don't allow ordering if its not in stock and if it is it ships same business day... period. But then again with few exceptions that you'll just have to wait until I get around to it attitude is all to prevalent in the firearms industry. A holster company we all know and love has pulled that crap for years and people keep buying from them. I've ordered so called off the shelf items from them and had them take weeks to month+ to ship. All those places need a good taste of bad customer ratings from some place like resellerratings or google. I suspect gun related internet shops would be the lowest rated group of businesses on the net.

I placed an order for 1000 9mm 124g FMJ Zero today which Roze claims to have in stock. We'll see how that goes. The $80.54 price with shipping included is certainly right and $19.46 cheaper than MG direct.

I placed an order for 1000 9mm 124g FMJ Zero today which Roze claims to have in stock. We'll see how that goes. The $80.54 price with shipping included is certainly right and $19.46 cheaper than MG direct.

I've had an order in with Rozie for about three months...135FMJ and 147FMJs....talked with them a couple of weeks ago and no end in sight. They actually said they were doing a run of the 147s and that I should be getting them...nothing yet.

Montana Gold 124FMJs are $78/K if you buy a case...and you'll have them in four or five days ;)

how do the MG shoot compared to the Zero's? how do either of them shoot compared to Hornady HAP or Nosler?

Where are the HAP's still sold? Ive heard they're impossible to find now.

how do the MG shoot compared to the Zero's? how do either of them shoot compared to Hornady HAP or Nosler?

grafs carries them and I saw some 9mm actually in stock today along with XTP's.

I've had an order in with Rozie for about three months...135FMJ and 147FMJs....talked with them a couple of weeks ago and no end in sight. They actually said they were doing a run of the 147s and that I should be getting them...nothing yet.

Montana Gold 124FMJs are $78/K if you buy a case...and you'll have them in four or five days ;)

I'm still in the buying and trying phase and not ready to buy cases of anything yet. I know a lot of people like MG but I'm still skeptical of the copper alloy although I'm going to try some here shortly. I just like my copper straight up ;)

grafs carries them and I saw some 9mm actually in stock today along with XTP's.

Ahh. I see them. Does it matter that they're .356 ? I know my groups at 50yds with MG 124jhp shrunk to almost half with a Zero 115jhp (M&P Pro). I wish i could find just 2K Zero's 115jhp in time for Bianchi cup.

I'm still in the buying and trying phase and not ready to buy cases of anything yet. I know a lot of people like MG but I'm still skeptical of the copper alloy although I'm going to try some here shortly. I just like my copper straight up ;)

MG will sell you packages of just 100 last I knew. I've sold quite a few folks 200 MG bullets in a USPS small flat rate box so they could try them for the same reason you're suggesting.

Regardless, you won't be seeing those Zeros for a couple of months. That reminds me, I think I've got some 125gr Zero JHPs left over...maybe a couple hundred...have to go check on that.

I don't think MG's jacket is much/any different, it's just a processing difference. I've put 11-12K or so through my newest Open gun (no other bullets of any kind through it) and haven't put a single brush down the bore so they can't foul much, and the accuracy hasn't changed. Collectively, the folks here would know if there was a problem with them causing wear or accuracy problems. R,

I don't think MG's jacket is much/any different, it's just a processing difference.

AFAIK, it's actually a bronze jacket, vs. a straight copper jacket. In theory, it's actually less expensive as a jacket material... The lead is seemingly what's so pricey right now, though...

We've been seeing a phenomenon w/ MG 124 JHPs where there's a gold-ish colored crud that gets all over anywhere gas from the gun goes (so, notably, all over the C-More, for instance), and it's a real bitch to clean off. Seen it across a few guns, now, so it's not just one gun with a funky issue. It doesn't seem to have any sort of functional effect, but it makes the gun look dirty as hell...

I've put 11-12K or so through my newest Open gun (no other bullets of any kind through it) and haven't put a single brush down the bore so they can't foul much, and the accuracy hasn't changed. Collectively, the folks here would know if there was a problem with them causing wear or accuracy problems. R,

Yeah, they're at least as accurate as the Zero, so.... The HAP is maybe a hair so more, but at those prices, and for the accuracy requirements of this game, I can't see paying it at retail prices, so....

I don't think MG's jacket is much/any different, it's just a processing difference.

AFAIK, it's actually a bronze jacket, vs. a straight copper jacket. In theory, it's actually less expensive as a jacket material... The lead is seemingly what's so pricey right now, though...

We've been seeing a phenomenon w/ MG 124 JHPs where there's a gold-ish colored crud that gets all over anywhere gas from the gun goes (so, notably, all over the C-More, for instance), and it's a real bitch to clean off. Seen it across a few guns, now, so it's not just one gun with a funky issue. It doesn't seem to have any sort of functional effect, but it makes the gun look dirty as hell...

I've put 11-12K or so through my newest Open gun (no other bullets of any kind through it) and haven't put a single brush down the bore so they can't foul much, and the accuracy hasn't changed. Collectively, the folks here would know if there was a problem with them causing wear or accuracy problems. R,

Yeah, they're at least as accurate as the Zero, so.... The HAP is maybe a hair so more, but at those prices, and for the accuracy requirements of this game, I can't see paying it at retail prices, so....

Interesting...I've wondered if it was a mild bronze mixture but their website says they make copper jacketed bullets, and never bothered to ask them. I'm guessing they aren't adding much tin to the copper.

I wonder if the issue with the dust is just from the 124 JHPs? I've used plenty of the 115JHPs, 121IFP, 147CMJ and 180gr FMJs (.40) and don't recall every seeing colored dust....just the different color in the rifling. Strange...

Yeah, the HAPs were very accurate in my Limited gun, but with the results I've seen with all the MG bullets I can't see paying the extra for the HAPs...when they're available. R,

Edit to add: I checked and I've got 160 Zero 125gr JHPs if anybody's interested in experimenting.

Edited by G-ManBart

I just got a call from them last week. Apparently the order of 147 FMJs I placed last June is ready to ship (I'd forgotten about it), but the credit card I'd given them had expired.

Edited by Garrett

I got an order for 9mm 115gr and 125gr for the Bianchi Cup last month and I tried to add some to it. No go. I will backorder 7.5K of each for later in the year to ensure we are covered for next year trip (that is May2011). That is how far out we have to plan if we want these damned things.

Yay - just received from Zero 5k 147 JHPs ordered 2-3 months ago. Caveat - my order was a small portion of a larger order [40k+] through a local wholesaler.

-br

Edited by BR

Woohoo... I ordered from Roze on April 6th and I called them Monday just to inquire what the current shipping time was for in stock items and the answer was 2 weeks. Today April 14th they hit my CC so they are shipping :surprise: Not great but all things considered pretty good turn around. The catch and trick is of course ordering something they list as in stock on the web site. The lady I got in customer service was quite helpful and polite when I called.

Woohoo... I ordered from Roze on April 6th and I called them Monday just to inquire what the current shipping time was for in stock items and the answer was 2 weeks. Today April 14th they hit my CC so they are shipping :surprise: Not great but all things considered pretty good turn around. The catch and trick is of course ordering something they list as in stock on the web site. The lady I got in customer service was quite helpful and polite when I called.

Where does it say whats instock?

Even better they were sitting here when I got home today. Must have shipped even earlier than I thought.

Now the big question... These are supposed to be 124g FMJ from zero. I also have a new Dillon D-terminator I'm still not sure I trust because of odd behavior. I calibrated it today and weighed a handful of bullets. Every single one weighs in at 125.0 - 125.3. I was expecting of course 124g. Is that normal in anyones experience with Zero bullets?

Of course it could be the "Dillon" Competitive Edge Dynamics made in CHINA scale.

Edited by millisec

Now the big question... These are supposed to be 124g JHP from zero. I also have a new Dillon D-terminator I'm still not sure I trust because of odd behavior. I calibrated it today and weighed a handful of bullets. Every single one weighs in at 125.0 - 125.3. I was expecting of course 124g. Is that normal in anyones experience with Zero bullets?

I think Zero FMJs are 124 grains and their JHPs are 125: http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

If you have JHPs, then your D-terminator is probably D-termining correctly. Cheers.

-br