Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero Bullets

Rolex

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the big question... These are supposed to be 124g JHP from zero. I also have a new Dillon D-terminator I'm still not sure I trust because of odd behavior. I calibrated it today and weighed a handful of bullets. Every single one weighs in at 125.0 - 125.3. I was expecting of course 124g. Is that normal in anyones experience with Zero bullets?

I think Zero FMJs are 124 grains and their JHPs are 125: http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

If you have JHPs, then your D-terminator is probably D-termining correctly. Cheers.

-br

Typo my bad... They are 124g FMJ that weigh 125.

I ordered 6k of Zero 147 jhp from Powder Valley in the first week of December... Sounds like they may be getting a little bit closer to the front stoop... This'll be my first time loading 9mm, so I'm not in too much a of rush... That and the fact that I won't be home for another 3-1/2 weeks keeps me patient.

Interesting response from Zero yesterday to a question about all the 124's FMJ I ordered weighing 125 or more.

"Those bullets are actually a 125 now - they changed that a few years ago. So, no that's not unusual."

I don't have a problem getting 125's but they outta take the time to correct the website and the product labeling.

I see those are now out of stock also... I don't think anything is in stock now but maybe 115's.

• 1 month later...

If you've been to Roze lately you know pretty much everything in 9mm is listed as out of stock except 115 FMJ and the stated policy is 4-6 weeks shipping for in stock items and longer for out of stock. You've probably also read the stories of people waiting months - over a year for delivery. I ordered some a little over a month ago and had them in less than a week. Of course I shared what I bought and the next day they were sold out.

I ordered a few thousand last Monday (not saying what I ordered this time) and let me tell you my jaw just about fell off when I walked in the door today and the entire order was sitting there. Either I got really lucky or they have gotten it together because I had fully expected to wait potentially months. Either way my hats off to Roze for outstanding service 2 times now. And I was just about to put in an order with MG for a backup supply.

I've also seen other signs the shortage is letting off... i.e. in the past 6-8 weeks the shelves are full (and staying that way) at Walmart for the first time in over a year and all buying limits (6 boxes) have been lifted. Of course the prices, notably Win white box, have gone up again.

Now if the prices will just start declining again it will be good.

Now if the prices will just start declining again it will be good.

For a minute I thought I was reading the Humour section.

I gave them and order for 25K 115 JHP and 5K 125gr JHP, they have until April next year so I should be fine.