Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beer Good!

jessej

It has got to be Chimay Ale! Better than water.

First off its 14 proof. And it's made by Trappist Monks of Chimay Abbey in Belgium since 1862. I'm always keen on trying new things so ya'll please lemme know what your favorite beer is. :D Merry Christmas!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this goes for most Belgian Beers.

I'd second that!

have been drinking a few dozens ( :D ) of Trappist Monks' beers, and I can say they are really among the best beers I've ever had.

I would recommend also:

1. Gulden Draak,

2. Forbidden Fruit (Verboden Vruucht?),

3. Bonne Esperance,

4. Lutece

and a few others actually I don't remeber (maybe I had too much of them :wacko: ).

Beware, you light beers tasters, these are all 8-9% alcohol beers! :blink:

After spending 3 months on the east coast of the US, I tried some regional IPA's:

1) Hop Devil (Victory Brewing Company) - my new favorite, and it is as the name implies

2) Scarlet Lady IPA (Stoudts BC)

3) Dogfishhead IPA (Dogfish Brewing Company) - damn good

4) Stoudts American Ale (Stoudts BC) - very drinkable

I tried a few others, but I don't recall the names. After reading that, you'll no longer wonder why I gained back much of the weight (not all) that I lost before Hurricane Isabell.

Interesting there are so many Pale Ale/IPA drinkers here. They are my favorite by far and really scare the general public when they taste one, as you know. I never waste a bottle on friends. They get a small taste in a glass, wrinkle their nose, cry like a little girl about how bitter that is, and go back to their stuff. I drink the rest of the bottle :)

If in OH try Columbus Pale Ale or better Cleveland's Burning River Pale Ale. We really don't have any good IPA but agree all listed above are great.

But as far as I am concerned, this goes for most Belgian Beers.

That's so true - I spent a few days in Nijmegen, and our host brought me over to a local liquor store - and we went through picking out a bunch of different Belgian brews to try (they still used those 24-bottle baskets, and returnable bottles) - they we all very good, lots of flavor. On the plus/down side, they're much higher alcohol than US beers - I couldn't drink that many :D

All of Belgian Beers seem great.

I liked Duvel quite a bit. But, that might be because I had it for breakfest at the train station after spending all-nite out in Amsterdam. :ph34r:

img_splash_beer.jpg

Uncle Bill mentions the the Burning River, that is from the Great Lakes Brewing Company. I found them by trying their Dortmunder Gold. Good stuff.

Some people actually drink Belgian beers? :P

I freak'n love beer, but I don't have a palate for beers with Belgian yeast strains.

I’ll try once a while though, just to make sure….

Bridgeport IPA is a very good beer, as well as Sierra Nevada’s pale ale. Those are two of my favorites and I can get them by the case at Costco.

I was at a local brewery yesterday and had some stuff called “sculler’s IPA” Wheeewww!! That’s hoppy. Gotta be 90 IBU’s !! Great stuff.

http://www.skagitbrew.com

You conna-sewars are killin' me. I don't drink beer as much as I used to but, I, like Tightloop opined, prefer any beer....cold.

I know, just another redneck that prefers Bud. Actually, Tequiza (a tequila flavored beer) is my favorite closely followed by Corona Extra. (Although the San Miguel I drank when I was overseas was pretty good)

Just displaying my redneck palate.

dj