Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Solutions 22 conversion for Glock?

mwx40x40

It took 16 weeks to get a 22/45 barrel and no one is quoting the time to get an Advantage Arms conversion. Tac Sol is selling 2011 conversions as fast as they can make them so what part of the current market share would they be losing if they tried for AA's market share?

I'm not really familiar with any of the kits, but are there problems with the current Glock .22 conversions? Is there major room for improvement or something? What would make a new product better than what's already out there?

I'm not really familiar with any of the kits, but are there problems with the current Glock .22 conversions? Is there major room for improvement or something? What would make a new product better than what's already out there?

Availability?

Guys I am not questioning avialability ,quality ,or marketing of any of these makers. Just simply that I thought I had read somewhere (can't remember where) that Tac Sol was going to make these conversions for Glock and that they might have a sample at SHOT show. I was just curious if anyone that attended the show actually saw one?

There is an ad at Tac Sol with a picture that shows a June shipping date. Their email system is down and the site does not list a price.

It took them 6 months to ship a Ruger 22/45 conversion barrel. Then another month to get the Weaver mount in their picture that was not included. It cost more for the conversion than if I had bought a new MKIII 22/45.

Yes they had them on display. Yes they looked better than anything else on the market. Yes lots of people have lots of problems with the AA kits. No they are not available yet. They're being beta tested until late Spring early summer. They will have standard models as well as those with threaded barrels. I have an Advantage kit and will still be buying one ofthese when they become available.

It is my understanding that they pre-sold 10,000 units at Shot Show. The big advantage, I guess, is that the mags will be made by Black Dog Machine. They are not located in California, as is Advantage Arms, so they can produce mags with capacity larger than 10 rounds. I think 15 is the plan. They were asking for suggestions and ideas, and I added that competitive shooters would like a kit similar in size to a Glock 34/35. My AA kit works great. I have about 10K rounds through it, so I really need to get a new recoil spring. At the least, I would buy a few mags from TS/BDM. If they have a kit the same length as a G34/35, I will be getting a new kit!

Hey Chuck, how about a review when you get it? If it works and looks as good as their other stuff I may want one.

That's the plan. I'm still hoping to get on the Beta test list but I think they already sent them out. I'm pretty impressed with them at first blush. If they shoot as well as they look they're going to sell a ton of them. I'm hoping to talk my agency into buying several of them to do our initial firearms training with. I've had some terrific results with problem shooters starting them with suppressed .22's and working them up to real guns. But that's a bit of thread drift. Bottom line is I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby little paws on one.

It is a bit on the blocky side. I'm hoping it still fits in kydex holsters but they didn't round the corners of the slide as much as a Glock. As long as it still fits I'll be a happy camper. If it doesn't I might take the belt sander to it. The slide is steel which is a nice change over all the other Glock conversions. I talked to Tac Sol yesterday and ordered mine. They are expecting the first ones in June. I asked if they sold 10,000 at SHOT and the answer was no. They did sell all they expect to be able to make this year. I imagine most of those went to dealers so they should still be available.

Full steel slide? Weight?

I thought the AA's aluminum slide was asking a lot of work out of a little .22...

I've got to agree... Actually, after having "raced" the AA kit in some Action shooting matches, I suspect that the distribution of mass on the slide is the cause of a lot of odd little failures.

It seems to me that a much more compact slide, such as on the Buckmark, make for more reliable cycling. Just an observation...

Anyway... One of the things I do appreciate about the AA kit is that the countours really match the stock unit so well. All you have to do is grind away some of the outside of the extractor (so it fits in a holster) and you're good to go.