Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Korean Glock Mags

BlackBuzzard

Just got off the phone with MGS. Spoke to a guy named Ben, who admitted the problem and offered to refund my money. Very nice guy, he said that they had no idea they were KHAN, until they started getting numerous phone calls about the mags. I'll be sending mine back, but wouldn't hesitate to order from MGS for anything else.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with MGS. Spoke to a guy named Ben, who admitted the problem and offered to refund my money. Very nice guy, he said that they had no idea they were KHAN, until they started getting numerous phone calls about the mags. I'll be sending mine back, but wouldn't hesitate to order from MGS for anything else.

That's good to hear, I am still bummed I could not get what I ordered. :(

Are you going to loose the shipping both ways? Hope not. :angry2:

I have to try to call tomorrow.

• 11 months later...

They are crap. I have used these for 3 months. The basepads cracked; the magazine springs got real soft causing FTF's; the followers developed a deep groove where the last round is rotated into the chamber; the magazine feed lips start to spread causing FTE's, FTF's and stovepipes...the round in the magazine would stick up just far enough to interfere with the ejection then spent casing would push the round out of the magazine. Both would remain in the ejection port, pure hell trying to clear that jam during course of fire.

I've blown classifiers and other stages because of these magazines. Spend the extra ten bucks and buy genuine Glock magazines. Never had a problem with these.

Maybe I'll run into some problems later, but I got 3 Kahns from MGS a couple weeks ago. I shot 34 rounds through each of them, they dropped free, and no FTFs.

So I ran two of them on my back two CR speed mag pouch in last Saturday's Match. I didn't have any functioning problems out of them, but they are a little tighter in the mag pouch.

I'll probably order some more Glock mags just because they will pull easier.

I'll keep shooting the Kahns and see if I get any malfunctions.

I am not the smartest guy in the world, which is why I bought some of these crappy mags, even after I read Pharoh Benders review of these mags, I STILL BOUGHT SOME! :wacko: I got some good advise from a very close friend once, the most important part of a semi-auto pistol is the mag! Period! Don't get cheap when it comes to mags, Glock mags are already cheap, as cheap as they get in the whole industry. To make a long story short... You get what you pay for. :)

I have had decent luck with them, but they are now relegated as practice mags... I use factory mags in competition...

I have heard too many bad stories to rely on them.

I couldn't even get them to fit into my G24 without forcing them. The ones that I bought were labled Asian Military Glock Mags. Inspector number 1,536,651,100 must have been on tea break when mine were made.

Bought 10 of them from Military Gun Supply for $100. Fired 14000 rounds through my 9's last year. Used the Korean mags in practice/USPSA matches and the Glocks in GSSF matches. A little flashing on the Korean but no complaints otherwise. Springs seem weaker than glock but they work.

• 2 weeks later...

And they really are guaranteed-in addition to having the opportunity at a GSSF match to have the Glock Armoror go through your Glocks and magazines at a GSSF match at no charge, if you ever have a problem with a Glock magazine, simply send it to Glock and they'll rebuild or replace it.

For performance, peace of mind, and aftermarket support, I stick exclusively with Glock.

Best, Jon

Edited by JonInWA

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just ordered 5 of the 17rd 9mm Asian Military mags at $5.99 a piece from CDNN. They're advertising special weekend shipping of $5.99 also. I'll never use them in a match but purchased them for dryfire practice only. My basement floor is concrete and I constantly kick and step on mags when doing drills. Not that the factory mags can't take that kind of abuse, but for $5.99 a piece I'll beat up these Asian mags like they owe me money!!!! :roflol:

I just ordered 5 of the 17rd 9mm Asian Military mags at $5.99 a piece from CDNN. They're advertising special weekend shipping of $5.99 also. I'll never use them in a match but purchased them for dryfire practice only. My basement floor is concrete and I constantly kick and step on mags when doing drills. Not that the factory mags can't take that kind of abuse, but for $5.99 a piece I'll beat up these Asian mags like they owe me money!!!! :roflol:

Planning on doing the same thing. These will be fine for practice but not match-worthy.