Ti trigger pins .08

BAD ass LW Ambi. .42

bAD Ti pivot Pins .26

smoke composites Stock 4.5

” “ castle nut .21

” “ buffer plate .035

buffer system ???

spring ???

this puts it at 56.50oz assuming the foam handguard is 1oz and before buffer/spring combo and optic. I’ll probably use my Burris fasfire 3 and riser. 

This pCC will be used exclusively for steel challenge with 124gr RN ammo producing 115 pf. Thoughts on buffer/spring/bolt combos?

• 1 month later...

This one's mine. It weighs 4 lbs 15 oz without the overly heavy red dot on it. 

Taccom Barrel

Handguard (Homemade)

Anderson Sport Upper

QC10 lower

Spinta Bolt (with slug removed)

Taccom Recoil system

276bcc4f564fb8097b8dd61cb601fca6.jpg

Looking at your list you should be about half a pound lighter than my build.

Edited by andyglidewell
My phone didn't input everything I typed in my original posting.

My 13 year old daughter who is 5' 4" and 123 lbs shoot her first steel challenge match with her PCC, and she too was questioning the weight of her gun.  I ordered her a taccom handguard and buffer system. 

The responses got me thinking about changing out some more components to go even lighter.

Is it hard to get the weight that low?  I built an actual 5.56 gun that comes in right at the four pound mark with mro. I spent a small fortune to do it but I literally found the lightest parts available and used them.  I’m assuming cost is a factor in this hunt

Hello: Steel Challenge guns are different than ones used for USPSA or carbine matches. Weight in the correct spot is your friend for USPSA/carbine matches. Steel Challenge is one shot on target then you move to the next so the recoil actually helps you. For USPSA/carbine matches flatter is better so having the weight in the front helps. That is what I have found that works for me. Thanks, Eric

I thought getting under 5 lbs was relatively easy. However I did make my own handguard to get there.... Getting much lower than that weight range is probably a challenge since recoil systems for pcc are all heavy.  Then again the recoil system weight is all toward the back and I wouldn't think it would be all that bad.  

Edited by andyglidewell
1 hour ago, andyglidewell said:

... I did make my own handguard to get there...

Care to share some details on that handguard?

I have thought of getting a carbon fiber tube and attaching it to the right barrel nut.  Sizes of tube and barrel nuts are not readily available.  Choice of ways to attach would need to be considered.

36 minutes ago, BartCarter said:

Care to share some details on that handguard?

I have thought of getting a carbon fiber tube and attaching it to the right barrel nut.  Sizes of tube and barrel nuts are not readily available.  Choice of ways to attach would need to be considered.

Sure can.  This is a protoype I created for what I'm hoping will be a business for me.  The barrel nut I got from someone on ar15.com, it's aluminum and very similar to an NSR nut in how it attaches.  The handguard and mandrel were designed using Catia and Fibersim.  I then cut the mandrel from aluminum bar stock, sanded and polished until it was a mirror, laid my composite over it, vacuum bagged and cured it in an oven.  After that I trimmed it and drilled the mounting holes.  The handguard itself weighs 2.5 oz and is 15 inches long.  

On 12/11/2017 at 12:57 AM, nickbfishn said:

Here’s my initial plan (front to back):

taccom ULW Barrel 15oz

foam hands guard ?oz

titanium nut .75

Upper 2A Balios 5.85

taccom Bolt 14.4

tripwire CH 1

Lower TN Arms 9mm. 7

hiperfore 3g. 3.5

magpul K. 2.4

Ti trigger pins .08

BAD ass LW Ambi. .42

bAD Ti pivot Pins .26

smoke composites Stock 4.5

” “ castle nut .21

” “ buffer plate .035

buffer system ???

spring ???

this puts it at 56.50oz assuming the foam handguard is 1oz and before buffer/spring combo and optic. I’ll probably use my Burris fasfire 3 and riser. 

This pCC will be used exclusively for steel challenge with 124gr RN ammo producing 115 pf. Thoughts on buffer/spring/bolt combos?

Houge polymer pistol grip is like 1.5 ounces.  Double check that safety works with that trigger.  I don't believe it does.   I have seekens ambi in my PCC I like it. 

18 hours ago, Timido said:

Houge polymer pistol grip is like 1.5 ounces.  Double check that safety works with that trigger.  I don't believe it does.   I have seekens ambi in my PCC I like it. 

I didn’t know they were so light. I figured hogue stuff was heavy. Thanks for the safety tip, I’ll research it a bit, but also check out the seekins.

On 1/12/2018 at 11:57 AM, Nathanb said:

Is it hard to get the weight that low?  I built an actual 5.56 gun that comes in right at the four pound mark with mro. I spent a small fortune to do it but I literally found the lightest parts available and used them.  I’m assuming cost is a factor in this hunt

This is for my precious baby...cost is not a factor (as long as the CEO doesn’t know LOL)

On 1/12/2018 at 11:19 AM, stick said:

My 13 year old daughter who is 5' 4" and 123 lbs shoot her first steel challenge match with her PCC, and she too was questioning the weight of her gun.  I ordered her a taccom handguard and buffer system. 

The responses got me thinking about changing out some more components to go even lighter.

I think if you added the taccom ULW Barrel you would see the most gains (weight-loss) of any other mid you could do.

2 hours ago, Eric1231 said:

https://www.newfrontierarmory.com/shop/polymer-lower-parts-kit-lpk/

Lite weight lower parts. I used most of this kit on my lite weight ar.

https://www.futureforged.com/store/p1/Vektor_SG_Carbon_AR_Grips.html

Fostech was suppose to be releasing magnesium upper. The old magtactical units were 4.4 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

://www.opticsplanet.com/fostech-outdoors-ar-15-mg-al-alloy-upper-receiver-stripped.html    on that parts list they are 4.4 ounces.  The Anderson sport is 6.6 ounces on my scale that bump is the difference on the spikes one

Hey, Tim. Exactly how many holes are there in a shit-pot? I've wondered about that for a long time.

It's kind of like the time I was in a foursome with a Dentist. On the second tee I asked him, "Hey Doc. If a guy only has one tooth does he still have to brush for ten minutes?"

Questions like these are probably why I have such a large circle of friends.