Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot All Stars - Spoilers

It must suck to get eliminated from a show called "Top Shot" because you can't throw a spear.

The way I see it the spear just gave him a final chance to stick around after failing with 2 different rifles. If it was me though, I'd blame the spear too :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must suck to get eliminated from a show called "Top Shot" because you can't throw a spear.

The way I see it the spear just gave him a final chance to stick around after failing with 2 different rifles. If it was me though, I'd blame the spear too :)

You are a ball of integrity. I would have blamed the rifle and or the ammo. The shock I had was that a pro swimmer smoke a trained sniper. The show is extremely unpredictable. Although, it is pretty obvious that the shooter with the most facial hair would win an atlatl battle, simple physics.

Kinda boring this week until the end. Two single-shot revolver accuracy tests in a row, yawn. And spending 40% of the show on self-guided practice is also a yawn. Good ending contest with the tubes, but the editing was annoying. Didn't help my fav Jamie was knocked out.

I've noticed that, if you pay attention to the comments from the contestants that they stick in as side bars, you can make some fair guesses as to what's going to happen. Right from the beginning, it seemed from a comment Kelly made about teams that he was not going to fair well.

While I like the new format better than the other, it still has a fault... Kelly should never have missed two of those trick shots and he allowed himself to get flustered during the elimination. But this is also the guy with the best overall record. If the winner were determined by an accumulation of points, then he would still be in.

It would be interesting to go back and rank everyone based on performance and find out who's still in that hasn't done all that well at anything.

My biggest question is what does everyone have packed into those full backpacks that they seem to have to carry everywhere?

Caleb Giddings had a post about that on his blog site, IIRC.

My biggest question is what does everyone have packed into those full backpacks that they seem to have to carry everywhere?

Based on Caleb's recent blog post, they carry all of their range gear with them, since they don't know what they will be doing until they get to the range. Knee pads, eye, ear, other clothing, etc.

Couple of things:

When William shot the bottle opener he barely hit it and you could clearly see it was not good enough to open the bottle. Upon slow motion watching on the DVR They clearly edited in another shot impacting the opener. His shot was an edge hit and the dubbed in hit was solid center of mass.

Also, last week it seemed many were wearing Rudy glasses including Colby. This week he was back to his raybans and fewer were wearing RP. Wonder if RP paid for that bit of advertising?

Damn shame the show has degraded to the point of only watching to try to catch bloopers.

The show isn't perfect but at least they show shooters and shooting in a very positive light and attracts the interest of non shooters unlike some of the other shooting related shows which tend to feed the Antis stereotypes.

The editing is maddening. Everyone was going on about how smooth the guy was who tossed the cans and shot them one after the other fast and casual but they never showed it. They chopped it to pieces with clips of people saying how awesome it was. Brilliant.

I initially had the same thought, but then also realized you have to effectively fail three events in a row to get kicked off TS.

On a side note, I was surprised to see the Walther P99 at the proving grounds this week. Especially considering Walther has two newer designs (the PPQ and PPX) out that you''d think they'd want to showcase/advertise.

It's becoming increasingly clear that the ability to keep a cool head is the most valuable asset.

Some guy named Wyatt Earp said it pretty well:

In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry

• 3 weeks later...