Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Area 1 Championship

I'm happy to announce the 2010 Area 1 Championship will be held June 24-27, 2010 in Idaho Falls, ID. A lot of things are going to continue from last year. The prize table will be order of finish, cash prizes for the top shooters, 1 or 2 day schedule, and of course the same great folks from last years match will be putting it on again. For those not familiar with Idaho Falls, I know I had to look it up on the map. It's only about 100 miles from Yellowstone National Park. This is a great opportunity for a match and a family vacation. There will be lots more information to come. The best source to get all the current match info is www.idahouspsa.com. Match application and staff application will be up soon. Area 1 residents are guaranteed a slot in the match if they register by Feb. 28, 2010. But don't wait that long. The sooner you register the better your chances of getting the shooting period you want. The Match Director for this year will be Tim Egan and Rangemaster is Tom Chambers. I know Tim has a lot of great ideas for the match this year. We'll have more info in the coming weeks but this is going to be a great Area match.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Chuck, we are excited to have the opportunity to produce the match again.

We have some new faces helping this year as well as some familiar ones.

As Chuck said, Idaho Falls is quite close to several scenic parks, including Yellowstone

National Park, Grand Teton Park and Craters of the Moon National Monument.

It's our desire that folks take the time to check some of the local scenery out while they

are visiting for the match.

We are ready to begin taking applications for staff.

I have uploaded two staff applications to

Idaho Section website.

One is a fillable pdf, interested parties can fill all information out, then print and email

(or scan and email), while the other can be printed and then filled out by hand.

Regular match applications will be posted early December, and will be in the Jan/Feb

issue of Front Sight Magazine.

Starting to plan early this year. Exploring ride-share possibilities from Portland Oregon, to the match and back. Rather not do all the driving in one day by myself. Arriving in Idaho Falls on the 23rd and departing on the 28th. Working the match, so at the range all day, every day. My vehicle (excellent gas mileage, AC) or yours.

Please contact me.

Thanks,

ac

Folks,

The match hotel has been finalized:

Shilo Inns, Idaho Falls.

or call 1-800-222-2244

You must mention USPSA when making your reservations to get the

special rate of $75 per night, which includes a hot breakfast buffet

at O'Callahans restaurant. They've cut us a great discount, as their

lowest normal rate is about $139. O'Callahans is a full service bar

and restaurant located inside of the Shilo.

The Shilo is located next to the Idaho Falls Greenbelt and is 4 miles from the range.

It is within walking distance of the Museum of Idaho as well

as other local attractions, some of which can be found here: Top 10 things to do in Idaho Falls

Folks that are interested in working as staff, please note the following:

The staff application has a spot that you can order a match shirt, but

please know that staff WILL be provided at no cost, a staff shirt

(different color scheme than the match shirt)

as part of their compensation for volunteering.

We are working on securing a sponsor that will offset the cost of

the staff's meal during the competitor banquet. No promises yet,

but I hope to serve staff that meal for free as well.

Per diem will be for each day worked.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

TimE

New for Area 1 2010, we are having a competitor banquet for folks to mingle and socialize.....

which was one of the more popular comments received after the 2009 match.

When match applications are posted, you will have the choice of attending the competitor banquet, Friday June 26th

at the match hotel. We are expecting to have many prizes that will be given away during the banquet as well.

All served dinners include tossed green salad with ranch & Italian dressings, fresh sauteed seasonal

vegetables, rice or potatoes, fresh baked dinner rolls with butter, coffee, tea, decaf, lemonade, ice

water, and the Chef's choice desert.

Entrees are:

Chicken Cordon Bleu - Traditional chicken breast stuffed with honey glazed ham & Swiss cheese.

Bacon Wrapped Sirlon - Tender sirloin marinated, wrapped in bacon and broiled to perfection.

Idaho Trout Roulage - Idaho Red Trout poached and stuffed with spinach & shrimp, served on a bed of rice.

Vegetarian plate - A juicy stuffed baked Bell pepper served with a medley of vegetables.

A no host bar will also be present.

Folks,

Here's a few things to do for those planning a trip to East Idaho.

Mesa Falls Scenic Byway.

Vist Yellowstone National Park

Typically, YNP has a fee free weekend the third weekend of each summer month.

That would be the weekend before Area 1.

Things to do in West Yellowstone.

Grand Teton National Park

Jackson Hole, Wy.

Teton Aviation, Driggs ID. Take a sailplane ride over the Tetons.

Craters of the Moon National Monument

Visit the worlds first Experimental Breeder Reactor

We are happy to announce that the regular match entry forms

have been posted online at www.idahouspsa.com

With the increased focus on including juniors, 25 slots for

the match have been reserved specifically for junior shooters.

These slots will be held until May 1st, 2010.

We have decided to give cash awards to top junior shooters

as well.

For those of you interested in taking a class, Mike Seeklander

is considering hosting a USSA class in conjunction with area 1.

If you are interested in taking the class, please email Mike at:

mikeseeklander (AT) usshootingacademy.com

to express your interest.

We look forward to seeing you in june!

Tim Egan

MD

Folks,

In order to get the room rate of $75 + 8% tax at the Shilo Inn,

you have to call the property at 1-800-222-2244 or

1-208-523-0088. For some reason their webserver wont

recognize the USPSA discount. Make sure you mention USPSA

as the discount code.

TimE

For some reason I keep thinking about this. Back in the 80's I was a serious bicyclist, and there was a group of riders from Southern Idaho who showed up at all the rides with jerseys sporting the legend "Idaho: where farting is a competitive sport"! Anyway, I'm happy Area 1 is much closer (for me) this year.

Tim,

It looks like you will have to put up with the Missoula wheelies again. I like it that you are even closer to me.

Rumor has it that the top revolver shooter will receive $250 in cash next year......

It wasn't me last time and I don't think it will be me this time unless I knock off (eradicate) all the others first. :cheers::roflol:

Tim,

It looks like you will have to put up with the Missoula wheelies again. I like it that you are even closer to me.

Rumor has it that the top revolver shooter will receive $250 in cash next year......

It wasn't me last time and I don't think it will be me this time unless I knock off (eradicate) all the others first. :cheers::roflol:

Come on L'dog.Just step up and take the cash you s-bagger!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be great to have a whole squad of wheelies so as not to make a lonesome open shooter feel like a lost soul.

Also let's do a Polish Plate Rack, Texas Star and a bunch of plates all in the same stage so we have to aim in 1 stage and hose everything else.

Gary,

We're changing plans. We'll be flying into IDA.

Though our return flight will still be on Monday since united's last flight out on Sunday is about 4:30 to LAX

Edited by yoshidaex