Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Area 1 Championship

It's been 3 or 4 years since I lived in Idaho Falls,but unless they've moved the airport or range, or there had been a lot more city growth (making traffic congestion) and I don't think they have, it's more like half an hour between the two. It may be about 4 hours from the Salt Lake City airport, if I recall correctly.

Guy

Hey guys, I understand the airport is a 2 hour drive to the range/hotel. Is that true? Do most people fly out that Sunday night after the match or is it better to wait until Monday? I'm starting to plan my trip and any details would be helpful. Thanks!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks,

Idaho Falls airport (KIDA) is about 5 minutes from the range and match hotel.

It is served by the following carriers:

Skywest / Delta airlines which offers daily fast flights to Salt Lake City, Utah.

Horizon / Alaska airlines offering daily flights to Boise, Idaho.

Idaho Falls Regional Airport is also serviced by Northwest, Allegiant and United Airlines.

All match activities are on the west side of town.

I've attached a map, and hope that this helps.

TimE

ifmap.jpg

Absolutely need more staff to volunteer to work the match, please see the staff application for more info about the benefits offered to staff.

We've just started registration, those that already have their app's in should see confirmation after Christmas.

With that said, a very Merry Christmas to the enos community.

Absolutely need more staff to volunteer to work the match, please see the staff application for more info about the benefits offered to staff.

We've just started registration, those that already have their app's in should see confirmation after Christmas.

With that said, a very Merry Christmas to the enos community.

You too Tim. I'm trying to see if I can get there. If I can I can help with setup or CRO one for ya. I'll be in touch if I can make it.

JT

Tim,

A thought for the next all steel stage at Area 1, Polish plate rack, some wide open plates to shoot on the move, Texas star, more plates and finish with a regular plate rack. No problems with calibration challenges.

Gotta throw at least one popper in there.

4.3.1.4 ...metal plates must not be used exclusively in a course of fire...

Tim,

A thought for the next all steel stage at Area 1, Polish plate rack, some wide open plates to shoot on the move, Texas star, more plates and finish with a regular plate rack. No problems with calibration challenges.

Gotta throw at least one popper in there.

4.3.1.4 ...metal plates must not be used exclusively in a course of fire...

True but Tim's not too bad a MD so I'm sure he knows that and would have added one. MGM makes great forward falling minis now. Travis hint, hint and I'll buy it after the match.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Question.

While there is not an official match campsite, here is my reccomendation:

Snake River Rv Park

I will go by there today and try to negotiate a better rate.

It is about 1/2 mile down the road from the Match Hotel.

Happy New Year,

TimE

Application in the mail.

Is there a "match campsite" with trailer hookups?

Edited by Tim Egan

Good Question.

Snake River Rv Park

Happy New Year,

TimE

Application in the mail.

Great, thanks. This is my first time venturing outside my Area, and I'm trying to convince the family that a road trip would be fun.

Folks,

The owners of the campground will not be in for 10 days, so

I wont be able to try for a better rate until then.

However, their normal rates range from $30 to $35 per night

depending upon hookup type and pull thru.

Nice campground, very close to match hotel and range.

TimE

Good Question.

Snake River Rv Park

Happy New Year,

TimE

Application in the mail.

Great, thanks. This is my first time venturing outside my Area, and I'm trying to convince the family that a road trip would be fun.

we keep this on the topic of the Area 1 match

You're right Chuck...we should keep this on topic of the Area 1 match (my appologies to Tim)....and I don't think anyone meant to be trashing Don....I think we're just getting a little tired of all of the RP saturation around here. No matter where you turn...its there. I hope Brian is getting advertising fees for each person that has "contact me about RP discounts" in their sig.

The BE forum used to be a great place to hang around.....today I'm not so sure ...and consequently, I don't.

Maybe we can get them to sign up as a match sponsor!

TimE

we keep this on the topic of the Area 1 match

You're right Chuck...we should keep this on topic of the Area 1 match (my appologies to Tim)....and I don't think anyone meant to be trashing Don....I think we're just getting a little tired of all of the RP saturation around here. No matter where you turn...its there. I hope Brian is getting advertising fees for each person that has "contact me about RP discounts" in their sig.

The BE forum used to be a great place to hang around.....today I'm not so sure ...and consequently, I don't.

We would love to be a sponsor for the match Tim - Ill PM you with my email so you can send the info over. I have read some of the concerns and I have instucted our comp squad guys to delete their Rudy sigs so there is a reduction of Rudy sigs on the forum. By the forum rules we are allowed to do this but we have allot of shooters on the two teams so I can understand the concerns.

Area 1 should be a great match and we look forward to helping out with some cool prizes for the shooters.

Folks,

Here is an open call for stages - if you would like to shape the match,

the stage review committee would lover your input.

Please send me your stage designs, keep in mind that they may end up

being tweaked for size and rule book, but the designer will be recognized.

Email to me: Tim's email.

or you may also fax to 1-208-529-5222.

Thanks,

TimE