Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

1 hour ago, BillR1 said:

Payment sent!!

SOLD... to the 2 other members who messaged offers almost double - I appreciate it; but, a deal is a deal and my word is my bond. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Hoosiershooter said:

Nope, just that some of the prices are higher than what others had them at.

Yes, I saw that too.  I guess it's just a matter of how long you're willing to wait and how much you're willing to spend.   It would be nice to get one for $849 as listed on grabagun.com, but who knows how long that will take.   I'm in the same boat.

31 minutes ago, ShootEm said:

Yes, I saw that too.  I guess it's just a matter of how long you're willing to wait and how much you're willing to spend.   It would be nice to get one for $849 as listed on grabagun.com, but who knows how long that will take.   I'm in the same boat.

31 minutes ago, ShootEm said:

Got one from local dealer Monday 850$

They had another not sure if they still do or there is a waiting list 

Peacemakers  howell mi

Edited by Bud White

19 hours ago, b18prl said:

Thanks though but can't click on that link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was BritinUSA's post on Page 12 of this thread:

"The IPSC rules don't allow for parts to be removed from guns in order for them to comply with the requirements of a Production division. I think the only way this gun gets on the IPSC list is when Sig releases a variation without the mag-well."

Chris, There is a reason why PCC is much more popular than Carry Optics so far. PCC shooters have much more fun.

Now you take a Production shooter like yourself that turns to PCC - with all those rounds in a gun it must be like pure joy - what heaven feels like.

Good luck.

I've been thinking of trying a different Division.  Before the mag capacity change, I only considered SS or PCC, as CO was too similar to Prod.  Now CO with a 320 X5 might also be on the table.  Decisions, decisions...  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

It was BritinUSA's post on Page 12 of this thread:

"The IPSC rules don't allow for parts to be removed from guns in order for them to comply with the requirements of a Production division. I think the only way this gun gets on the IPSC list is when Sig releases a variation without the mag-well."

Ship it with the magwell unattached in the box? 

Nope, that won't work. whether a gun is approved or not depends on the specifications provided by the manufacturer and then validated by the IPSC EC. There is no provision in the rules for the detachable magwell. 

I don't see Sig issuing a different model just for IPSC.

1 hour ago, BritinUSA said:

Nope, that won't work. whether a gun is approved or not depends on the specifications provided by the manufacturer and then validated by the IPSC EC. There is no provision in the rules for the detachable magwell. 

I don't see Sig issuing a different model just for IPSC.

You couldn't ship another model number with the magwell detached? 

If it had some way on the gun to differentiate it from the magwell version then I suspect that it would be approved (provided it met the other requirements). I think Sig should have a chat with IPSC to get a definitive answer on it.

Shot the first 200 rounds in my X5 today. I am overly impressed with how it shoots and how easy it is to track the dot. The gun is VERY accurate. Easily as accurate as my 9mm 2011.  The only issue I had is the right side of My Romeo 1 is getting chewed up by the cases getting ejected. Is this normal? I'm worried that after thousands of rounds it could deform the frame of the sight? Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Thanks 

RenderedContent-064E1146-A0FE-428F-8C0B-0ADD887F02A5.JPG

7 hours ago, JAFO said:

I've been thinking of trying a different Division.  Before the mag capacity change, I only considered SS or PCC, as CO was too similar to Prod.  Now CO with a 320 X5 might also be on the table.  Decisions, decisions...  :rolleyes:

Yep decisions, decisions. So many Divisions, so many guns, so little time, so little money. You need to retire and shoot full time. Larry sold the X5 this morning.

On 5/8/2017 at 6:32 PM, alma said:

Yes 

Yes Alma, I replaced the original X-5 FCU (I thought terrible for a competition gun) with my 320 FS GrayGuns FCU and striker assembly, slid right in, now I have a real competition X-5.
First thoughts on my X-5 after 200 rounds, Yes it's accurate, however due to a too heavy recoil spring, I had several jams with my favorite load (4.2 N320 125JHP) and the slide would not always lock back after the last round. However the gun functioned flawlessly with hot defensive ammo (1200 fps).    Where can I get a non-captured guide rod so I can install a lighter recoil spring??  

3 hours ago, bomadera said:

Yes Alma, I replaced the original X-5 FCU (I thought terrible for a competition gun) with my 320 FS GrayGuns FCU and striker assembly, slid right in, now I have a real competition X-5.
First thoughts on my X-5 after 200 rounds, Yes it's accurate, however due to a too heavy recoil spring, I had several jams with my favorite load (4.2 N320 125JHP) and the slide would not always lock back after the last round. However the gun functioned flawlessly with hot defensive ammo (1200 fps).    Where can I get a non-captured guide rod so I can install a lighter recoil spring??  

I cut 4 coils out of my stock guide rod and it runs great with my minor ammo with125 gn bullet. I was thinking about cutting the wings that makes the stock guide rod captured and running a 1911 spring on it.