Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Delta Point Pro, first thoughts...

Shadyscott999

I gotta admit, I was skeptical about the small dots until I read this post in Aug of '16.  I bought one because I couldn't get the grip i wanted with the sideways cmore on my new gun and had to try something else.  I now have switched all my open guns  and another one going on a build .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I'm in the process of converting an older two sided CMore mount (frame hole space issues not wanting to weld frame) to a Leupold DPP.  I already have the two mounting screws drilled and tapped.  Question is, do I need a couple of blind pins or dead hole set screws in 2 of the 4 locator holes to maintain zero, or will the two mounting screws be sufficient?  Thanks, Jeff

On 4/16/2016 at 0:01 PM, obsessiveshooter said:

I know it's not the point of this thread, but that Arredondo mount is gorgeous compared to what I normally see.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

And it failed within 500 rounds.  Too thin.  Not enough threads.  

I just mounted up 2 Cheely offset mounts. You can't even notice the offset and the quality is great. Love my Deltapoint and I'm glad I made the move. Now I need 4 more to get all my guns switched over. 

Limcat makes a center bore mount... Everglades does as well... I couldn't get past the branding they put on it 

23 hours ago, FullMetalJacket said:

I just mounted up 2 Cheely offset mounts. You can't even notice the offset and the quality is great. Love my Deltapoint and I'm glad I made the move. Now I need 4 more to get all my guns switched over. 

Limcat makes a center bore mount... Everglades does as well... I couldn't get past the branding they put on it 

Sounds like a tuff problem to me. Lol i had to order more too but i think on my SC gun im going to try the everglades mount just to see the diff in a centered mount vs my cheely mount?

7 minutes ago, a matt said:

Sounds like a tuff problem to me. Lol i had to order more too but i think on my SC gun im going to try the everglades mount just to see the diff in a centered mount vs my cheely mount?

I posted some photos a couple pages back, but I have one gun with the Everglades mount and one with the Cheely mount.  Even though the Cheely is slightly offset, I can swap between the two without any issue.  That being said, my new gun is going to have an Everglades mount.  Partially because I bounced my gun across the floor last Friday, before a match on Saturday morning, and it still held a perfect zero.

Edited by TennJeep1618

funny you motioned your basket ball incident, a guy grabbed my gun case and it wasnt locked. Well really the lid was only closed and dropped my gun of a chest high bar and chipped my Ti comp pretty good but the DP pro with the Cheely mount held true. SMH,  New Comp and back at it. Yea untill my slide cracked a week later or I noticed it after a local match a week later. I did  notice a slight ruff spot when I was shooting the days before when I was racking my slide. Checked things out and figured if was the aluminum shock buff i was trying out with an 7 lb spring, i never thought it would be a cracked slide 1/4 inch off center on the ejection port. Crazy and with a few weeks till nationals. Awesome. . 

• 2 weeks later...

ok I came really late to this thread ...

Is the DPP good to go ??? Is it reliable... I was hoping RTS 2 was reliable but have sent it back to cmore ever soo offen to get updated was a totally bullcrap !!! I dont want the same fiasco with this one...

I really want to update from a 90 degree because I have experience the dreaded blind spot too many times...

And I was thinking of going with the 7.5moa Chevron versus the smaller 4moa ... What are you guys thought on that ??? Anyone running the 7.5moa chevron ???

And lastly; I would prefer to run the cheely mount because I might have case ejection problems ... My ejection is irratic but I have never experience a stove pipe with the 90 degree cmore... ( ps. I'm running an aftec )

1 hour ago, RippSpeed said:

ok I came really late to this thread ...

Is the DPP good to go ??? Is it reliable... I was hoping RTS 2 was reliable but have sent it back to cmore ever soo offen to get updated was a totally bullcrap !!! I dont want the same fiasco with this one...

I really want to update from a 90 degree because I have experience the dreaded blind spot too many times...

And I was thinking of going with the 7.5moa Chevron versus the smaller 4moa ... What are you guys thought on that ??? Anyone running the 7.5moa chevron ???

And lastly; I would prefer to run the cheely mount because I might have case ejection problems ... My ejection is irratic but I have never experience a stove pipe with the 90 degree cmore... ( ps. I'm running an aftec )

lol read the thread. There's 12 pages which pretty much answers all your questions. This thread steered me toward the DPP vs the rts2 and while I only have put 500 rds on the DPP i really like it so far. and I have the 2.5 Moa dot..

Edited by Shmella

Just now, Shmella said:

lol read the thread. There is 12 pages which pretty much answers all your questions. This thread steered me toward the DPP vs the rts2 and while I only have put 500 rds on the DPP i really like it so far. and I have the 2.5 Moa dot..

see 500rds doesnt scream reliability for me ...

I need to have someone on here whos have this for at least a year and/or 5000+rds with no issues

2 minutes ago, RippSpeed said:

see 500rds doesnt scream reliability for me ...

I need to have someone on here whos have this for at least a year and/or 5000+rds with no issues

I've got about 4K rounds on one since September with no issues.  I replaced the battery at the first of the year just to be proactive, but it was still working fine at the time.  I'll replace it again before a sectional match next month.  My backup has about 1K on it, again with no issues.

"That might be a little stretch.  I have only heard of 2 total people with DPP's  issues and one of them pixilated so the dot wasn't round.  Nearly every RTS2 had multiple issues.  I now have 5 DPPs on open guns and PCC rifles and have yet to have an issue in nearly 100k rounds in one year.  I also know of at least 20 other DPPs being used without issue.  So no, they are not a dud. "

Did you read the thread?

36 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

"That might be a little stretch.  I have only heard of 2 total people with DPP's  issues and one of them pixilated so the dot wasn't round.  Nearly every RTS2 had multiple issues.  I now have 5 DPPs on open guns and PCC rifles and have yet to have an issue in nearly 100k rounds in one year.  I also know of at least 20 other DPPs being used without issue.  So no, they are not a dud. "

Did you read the thread?

got to the page 3 out of 12

and pretty much looked at the comparison pictures...

Edited by RippSpeed

3 minutes ago, RippSpeed said:

got to the page 3 out of 12

and pretty much looked at the comparison pictures...

Keep reading!  And please note that the bluish tint on the old RTS2 was only on the first run and was removed a long time ago.  And the v4 has been quite reliable.  (Ask Chis Tilley, who won CO with a v3 last year.)  

I think DP and RTS2 are both good scopes, just have some different features.

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

Did you read the thread?

Cant say it enough. Read the thread. That is the point of the forum. Its basically all covered here.

22 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Keep reading!  And please note that the bluish tint on the old RTS2 was only on the first run and was removed a long time ago.  And the v4 has been quite reliable.  (Ask Chis Tilley, who won CO with a v3 last year.)  

yeah I got fed up with the constant taking off the sight and sending it to cmore for an update and get it back and re-zeroing.
I wish I didnt have a blind spot on my 90 degree cmore ... but it has been happening to me alot lately and I need to change ... I cant stand the upright cmore because of the height difference... so the DPP might be the way to go for me ..

I like mine over a traditional cmore. Sits much lower, looks cool, and surprisingly I really like the smaller 2.5 moa dot. I have done the same as above so far. Turn it on at the start of a match and turn it off when it's over. 

IMG_0384.JPG

On 2/14/2017 at 0:30 PM, teros135 said:

"Who won CO?"

12 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Sorry, should have said who won CO with an RTS2  (Max).  Chris won Open Nats with one.

Surely the Captain of Team Sig used a Romeo to win CO?  If not, that surely says something about the quality of the Sig Red Dots.

Surely the Captain of Team Sig used a Romeo to win CO?  If not, that surely says something about the quality of the Sig Red Dots.

I think Max is sponsored by C-More as well. Shooting an RTS2 on a Sig gun would make both sponsors happy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk