Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rudy Glasses -- best place

kfin

After the Winchester explosion, I am considering getting a pair of Rudy Project Rydon glasses.

I am assuming that a shooter would want the impactx or impactx2 lens, which doubles the price from what I can see. $275

https://www.e-rudy.com/en/products/detail/SN798842MR

Am looking here. In researching on here it seems there are discount codes one can use? Or is there a better place to get them so not to drop that much?

Thanks,

Thanks for the suggestions on places. I'll check them out this weekend and get some shortly. Just so I am sure...they have what appear to be the same glasses on a few sites that are 100 cheaper but it does not say impactx lens....The impactx is what I want, correct?

I wear Rydon with regular yellow lenses with MSA muffs with silicone pads. Works for me. It would be near impossible for me to break the lenses with bare hands. The temples are not flat like on Airblast, yet I was surprised it causes no irritation after prolonged use. The lenses collects dust shooting indoors like I never seen before, but that's not an issue.

Edited by arkadi

ANother question....I wear muffs, not plugs...do these fit under them well enough to be comfortable and also not break the seal?

I wear muffs over them all day even over several days of working majors. No problems at all

• 2 weeks later...

I got a set of the Rydon glasses with the impactx-2 photchromic clear to laser red (hdr) lenses. Have shot with them 2 times so far and absolutely love them.

Thanks for all of the suggestions and thoughts folks.

I got a set of the Rydon glasses with the impactx-2 photchromic clear to laser red (hdr) lenses. Have shot with them 2 times so far and absolutely love them.

Exact pair and lenses that I use. They really make the fiber optic pop, and the targets stand out.

I think Rudy is waaaaayyy overprised

Not to disagree with you but I think it is all relevant to one's point of view. I have worn Smith Guides Choice glasses for fishing for years...those are like $180 and all they do is let me see the fish better. lol I only wound up paying $135 for these.

And most of the guys on here spend more on a new part for their guns than I could ever afford on an entire gun. :) So I think it is more of a prioritizing thing than just overpriced. Good toys cost money. Some people "need" a special brand more than others, and some just like one better than the other....doesn't make one right and one wrong, just different.

Exact pair and lenses that I use. They really make the fiber optic pop, and the targets stand out.

Good for outdoor and indoor shooting? Saw these on the site and am tempted.

I have a narrow face and can never find glasses that fit. Well today I try on the rydons and they are a perfect fit. I need rx lenses so my choices have been extremely limited.

are you able to get these with prescription lenses? I have a face hard to fit glasses to as well and am in need of some with prescription lenses and have been struggling finding some that I like. Any recommendations?