Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Liveshots @ STI Back to Back Handgun Nationals

BritinUSA

Live Coverage of the STI Limited/Open Nationals is scheduled to start around 8am MT on Monday, September 23rd. The match will start with the Women's Super Squad (Lisa, Carina, Debbie, Lauren, Tori, Mara and Randi) starting on stages 20- 22 then looping back to Stage 14-19 to end the morning session.

Link : LiveShots

The screen will refresh automatically (no need to keep hitting the Refresh button), match updates are shown to the right of the screen. I will try and post the Hit Factors for each competitor but there may be some issues with that on the berms with two stages running simultaneously.

In the afternoon the coverage continues with the Men's Super Squad on Stage 15-22 and 14 : Avery, Miguez, Bragg, Leatham, Smith, Coley, Sweeney, Jonasson, Sevigny, Tomasie & Vogel.

You will need Quicktime to watch the videos (or MXPlayer if running on Android), make sure that you have the latest release of the software to ensure that there are no issues. If you have any questions about the site then the Information screen may answer your questions.

Please post any questions/comments about the coverage to this thread and I will try to respond while the match is in progress.

In the evening I will try to upload some Digital Images from the day's competition, link to follow later.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: WOW somone took alot of time painting those Zombies. Hopefully the rain will go away for the start of the match. I do hope it is all gone by the start of the Open/Limited 10 nationals. I will be arriving Thursday and I am guessing registration will be at the range? Keep up the great shots! Thanks, Eric

Registration for both matches is at the range, there is the obligatory survey form to fill out before you head over to pick up your name tag and any shirts that were pre-ordered as well as ammo that was shipped. The shooters bag of goodies is setup like a buffet this year, grab and bag and help yourself to any literature or freebies that you want.

A little rain at the range will be a good thing as it will help to reduce the dust etc.. If you have not shot at this range before then make sure you have a bag or something to cover the gun while not shooting and keep your magazines in your bag until its nearly time to shoot as this will reduce the chance of dust flying inside them.

Registration for both matches is at the range, there is the obligatory survey form to fill out before you head over to pick up your name tag and any shirts that were pre-ordered as well as ammo that was shipped. The shooters bag of goodies is setup like a buffet this year, grab and bag and help yourself to any literature or freebies that you want.

A little rain at the range will be a good thing as it will help to reduce the dust etc.. If you have not shot at this range before then make sure you have a bag or something to cover the gun while not shooting and keep your magazines in your bag until its nearly time to shoot as this will reduce the chance of dust flying inside them.

I think Paul does more for the sport than most of the elected leaders. Thanks man!

I just checked some of the videos that I had to re-upload and they seem to be okay, but I did not check them before on my Mac so I would not have an older version in the cache. If anyone is still having trouble after refreshing the cache can you please let me know what video is not working.

Thanks

Also, a huge thank you to everyone that emailed me about the problem, it is actually a small bug in iOS 7.0 to do with the way the videos are ordered in the Camera Roll, someone mentioned that the first set of videos were okay and that was the 'a-ha moment'. So I was able to reload the messed up videos during the lunch-break.

I am now sorting through some digital images, I am pleased to report that my new SLR worked like a champ, it has up to 12fps of continuous auto-focus; The bad news is that it has up to 12 fps... ! I now have over 1250 images to sort through :-(

12fps. Left olympus?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Yep, Sony A-77... The Olympus just can't keep pace with the speed of some of the top competitors, this camera is so fast that I can get 10-12 shots of a competitor running flat out toward the camera, and they are all in focus...