Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah If you don't mind me asking, what was your total cost to get everything necessary?

200 bucks, just like every gun I've ever bought!

(nice try honey, but 'spook' accounts aren't fooling me! btw, was that a new purse you brought home the other night?)

bluedevil,(incase you're not my wife)

I've had the gun(see start of this thread) and most the other stuff laying around for awhile. The only things I 'picked' up recently were the A400 speedbead mount & the chute. I would "guess" $1200-$1400 would get you pretty close,...unless of course you're good at finding smokin deals, like me! ;)

Edited by kampr

Kampr, as it says at the bottom of what ever I post....Bleeding is merely the first step in the healing process. ;)

I concur,.. and as you may know, at our age, it seems like I hover above that first and second step a lot more than I used too! :cheers:

Yeah If you don't mind me asking, what was your total cost to get everything necessary?

(nice try honey, but 'spook' accounts aren't fooling me! btw, was that a new purse you brought home the other night?)

I've had the gun(see start of this thread) and most the other stuff laying around for awhile. The only things I 'picked' up recently were the A400 speedbead mount & the chute. I would "guess" $1200-$1400 would get you pretty close,...unless of course you're good at finding smokin deals, like me! ;)

I already have the shotgun, so I'd need the chute, and 6-7 loading thingies, plus an optic and mount. That all sounds like it's going to run me close to a grand.

Was your estimate including the shotgun? haha

I already have the shotgun, so I'd need the chute, and 6-7 loading thingies, plus an optic and mount. That all sounds like it's going to run me close to a grand.

Yes, gun included. Rough guesstimate,

Loading thingies - $20-$30ea

Speed Assist - $160

SpeedBead/w FastFire - $300

XS site dovetailed in rib - $100

The last two are optional, depending on your eyes and how sadistic your MD is!

Edited by kampr

Yes, gun included. Rough guesstimate,

Loading thingies - $20-$30ea

Speed Assist - $160

SpeedBead/w FastFire - $300

XS site dovetailed in rib - $100

The last two are optional, depending on your eyes and how sadistic your MD is!

Why did you need a XS sight if you have the FastFire?

Why did you need a XS sight if you have the FastFire?

Cuz,..within the downing of a Stella Artois, it transforms from my backup open gun to one of my Tac Scope/Iron guns!

Edited by kampr

I'm at 1k rounds without cleaning. It did NOT like the Winchester Super target stuff I tried to put through it last weekend. Switched back to Federal and had no problems other than one failure to feed from magazine tube. Spring is in need of replacing. Unfortunately, the bolt release button screw backed out and lost itself.

I need part 160

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Beretta-/1301-Competition-sid1060.aspx#s124286sid1060

Brownells wants to charge $14.16 for one tiny ass screw. Anyone have a better source, or know exactly what kind it is so I can get it from a hardware store?

Mine did the same thing. Call beretta and they should send you the parts you need. I however went to lowes and found a stainless screw that was longer and loctited that sucker in. I think this the better way to go as this is a known problem on this gun.

I'm at 1k rounds without cleaning. It did NOT like the Winchester Super target stuff I tried to put through it last weekend. Switched back to Federal and had no problems other than one failure to feed from magazine tube. Spring is in need of replacing. Unfortunately, the bolt release button screw backed out and lost itself.

I need part 160

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Beretta-/1301-Competition-sid1060.aspx#s124286sid1060

Brownells wants to charge $14.16 for one tiny ass screw. Anyone have a better source, or know exactly what kind it is so I can get it from a hardware store?

Mine did the same thing. Call beretta and they should send you the parts you need. I however went to lowes and found a stainless screw that was longer and loctited that sucker in. I think this the better way to go as this is a known problem on this gun.

Send, for FREE?! haha

the M3 x6mm stainless screws I got from the hardware store aren't quite long enough.

I need part 160

Send, for FREE?! haha

the M3 x6mm stainless screws I got from the hardware store aren't quite long enough.

they sent my stuff for free but the longer screw i got from lower works much better

• 2 weeks later...

No issues loads weak hand, 2's, quads, weak and strong hand. Easily. Also cut another coil off lifter return spring (5). Ran 2 boxes of shells through it yesterday. Now I'm going to polish is. Every tiny fingers won't get caught.

So I just picked mine up yesterday. 2 things:

1. Where are you guys mounting matchsaverz on the forend

And

2. The bolt is locking to the rear when I charge it. Any ideas on how to get to feed the round instead of slapping it or pushing up on the lifter?

attachicon.gifVezzoli mod 1301.jpg

Here it is. All credit to Roberto Vezzoli on this mod. No more welding. Pretty awesome.

I like that mod! :surprise:

It's pretty awesome. Roberto is loading quads, but not on the shoulder. Just kind of holds it upside down flat. Loading stronghand. I'm doing one for my Benelli now. Much softer steel on Benelli lifter.

Edited by Jadeslade

It's pretty awesome. Roberto is loading quads, but not on the shoulder. Just kind of holds it upside down flat. Loading stronghand. I'm doing one for my Benelli now. Much softer steel on Benelli lifter.

I cut my 1301 lifter like yours this evening. The Beretta lifter is fairly hard, my hacksaw had a tough go of making the initial cut. The belt sander and blending wheel did a great job of contouring and blending the cut.

As you said, no trapped fingers.