Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

alright guys, this is probably an odd question.

I just bought a used 24" 1301 that came with the Nordic +5. The thing is that will probably wind up being my duck gun too. What length mag tube spring do these come with from the factory? Beretta gave me a part number and sent me to brownells... of course, brownells is out of the part I need. So looking at buying a wolf spring and cutting it down so that I can convert it back to stock and plug it when it is time to do some wing shooting.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can spend days reading posts on this gun (most of which i have been reading anyway) I am wanting to know opions and options for chokes..I am looking for a choke that puts maximum pattern spread at say 10-25yrds..

IE ..skeet , cylinder ?? who's had the best luck with what brand? Not hunting with it as it will be used for the closer clays during 3-gun

I can spend days reading posts on this gun (most of which i have been reading anyway) I am wanting to know opions and options for chokes..I am looking for a choke that puts maximum pattern spread at say 10-25yrds..

IE ..skeet , cylinder ?? who's had the best luck with what brand? Not hunting with it as it will be used for the closer clays during 3-gun

I've got a ProGold Spreader I paid ~$50 for that does the trick very well.

I've got a ProGold Spreader I paid ~$50 for that does the trick very well.

I come up with nothing for that name with a google search

I am not sure if this shows up in this thread somewhere but it is kinda long.

I am looking to pick up a Nordic +5 tube, should I get a barrel clamp, will it have a big effect on poa?

Thanks

Any advice or link to advice or page num that has advice? Haha

From one Mick to another,

Get the barrel clamp with the MXT tube, otherwise it can spin loose under recoil.

Install tube till it bottoms out on nut, then back off half a turn. Mag extension will now float side to side and up/down. Then install barrel clamp - the floating mag tube will now align with the barrel.

Tip - add non-slip electrical tape or similar to inside of clamp, or around tube to stop tube spinning under recoil.

Mick

I am not sure if this shows up in this thread somewhere but it is kinda long.

I am looking to pick up a Nordic +5 tube, should I get a barrel clamp, will it have a big effect on poa?
Thanks

Any advice or link to advice or page num that has advice? Haha

I'm curious MickB, is the tube spinning something you've experienced or just another yet to be debunked myth? I've yet to see it happen. And I think the clamps intended purpose has more to do with supporting the tube than keeping it from spinning.

I've got the RNT tab installed now. Only moderately content. Looks like a cheap, reliable option. But much more force is required to engage the bolt release. It also makes it much more difficult (almost impossible) to use the bolt release to release shells from the magazine when dry-firing and unloading.

I will do my best to get a replacement screw from Beretta and keep this in the bag if needed. I shot a match last weekend with nothing on the button and I didn't have any issues, so this isn't much of an improvement.

For the bolt release screw replacement, I ended up ordering McMaster-Carr part# 91294A130

It's working perfectly in my 1301 and I have 99 extras.

I'm happy to hand them out at matches if you want one.

Edited by GTHappy

Hey guys, just picked one up and I'm in love. It's so much smoother than my JM Pro that I sold.

I found the 2 type of chokes most run but for some reason can't find it anymore. Can someone help me? IC and M Clarkson Optima HP correct?

Also with a 24" barrel 6+ extention tube will be the longest I can run without issue correct?

Edited by Djstorm100

There's no issue caused by going longer. I'm running +6 on a 21" and it's not a problem.

You can go as long as you want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, didn't know if there is a rule of thumb how far out you can go. I'll go witha +6, hopefully be 11 in the tube and 1 in the chamber.

What about chokes IC and M ?

Is there anything else that I should get, other than ammo? Have about 600 shells now. Wife hates going to walmart becaust I'll buy a box everytime. Little here and a little there adds up quickly.

Did take the mid beat, screw for the bolt release and add a small amount of blue loctie.

Edited by Djstorm100

The post you are looking for is 1136 for 3 gun chokes. Linked article from Pat is there. Really depends on your clubs typical ranges. The Pat link walks you through it pretty well. So far I have stuck mostly to an IC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by xtremekramer