Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The serial number on the barrel is nice, but does not count for ATF. Those metal stamps work good? I was just going to engrave mine with a template.

They work good for what were doing, I did mark the upper w them, its not a fashion statement but works good for a battle gun that gets tossed more than a 5 buck hooker at scout camp...

Thanks xtremekramer, also would like to buy a case of slugs ammo to try, dont know which one to get, heard a lot about Fiocchi low recoil slug 7/8 oz and 1 oz, which one should I get?

I have good success on slug targets with these:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/80-rds-fiocchi-12-gauge-2-3-4-slugs?a=1510511

Thanks xtremekramer, also would like to buy a case of slugs ammo to try, dont know which one to get, heard a lot about Fiocchi low recoil slug 7/8 oz and 1 oz, which one should I get?

I've used both of those. Both run real good, I have a HiViz front sight and a XS rear sight on mine. Real accurate on windage, shoots slightly high by 6" at 100 yds, so I learned to hold down a little bit.

I've also had good lucky with Federal Low Recoil slugs

It still bothering me about my +5 Nordic tube pass about 2" from the barrel instead of an inch or so base on the picts of majority of 24" barrel with +5 tube. I measure my tube is about 12.5", what is the dimension of you guys who bought +5 tube from Nordic?

I have a beretta 3/4" IC choke and IM that I just picked up for mine. I also have a beretta 2" mod choke that I bought for shooting steel at ducks. The 2" tube is pretty close to flush. Haven't taken any pictures yet with any of the other chokes in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by xtremekramer

Had a 2 gun match today (pistol/shotgun). The 1301 ran great. The last stage was a SG only stage. Ran through the stage and the SG locked open after my last shot. They said show clear. Rolled the gun over and put my chamber flag in. Put the SG away. Got home tonight and was cleaning everything up. Pulled the chamber flag and hit the tube release and was quite surprised when it actually released a shell! Starters, my bad for not double checking the mag tube was empty. Any one had a shell not release from the tube? Any one try to color their follower or put one of the red low drag ones in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My only DQ was with my 1301 at unloading. I ran through all my normal drills at "If finished unload and show clear", was 100% sure the gun was empty, then at hammer down, BANG. I still can't explain it, but this is never going to happen to me again - I have fingers in every place that ammunition could lurk in that gun now before I'm happy it's empty.

Why would you be doing Hammer down with a shotgun? I've never seen that at any type of match I've been to. Unload and show clear is followed by insertion of chamber flag and/or locking back of bolt.

IPSC shotgun. "If you are finished, unload and show clear" is followed by "If clear, hammer down, open action".