Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 Comp

JediTodd

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like one of the kickoffs

Yep, it is the midstock one. Works well although frankly, on the clock with 1145 fps rounds I dont notice the recoil much at all without it and I prefer the fit of the shorter stock.

You guys realize that a few inches of the thin walled tube they make extensions out of weigh almost nothing right? There's no functional weight difference between my gun in stock form and with a +5 tube. Then you add some ammo into them tubes and suddenly it all doesn't matter one bit.

I agree once loaded but I am looking for the lightest gun I can to start with so that it does save ounces overall. I know tubes themselves are light just figured if I got a true weight on the three different guns we are considering up front it will help us make or decision.

Small kid or not, the weight of the shells in the tube will make the tubes weight a moot point.

Ah, just like that saying. Ounces equal pounds and pounds equal nothing to be concerned about. :mellow:

Anyone have a weight on just the nordic tubes? Lancer has their weights listed.

If you are concerned about fractions ounces, I would be more worried about the recoil that super light shotgun is going to impart on a 66lb body.

+1

What about going something other than a 12ga? I know of a well known shooting family that recently set up a 20ga for their littlest one. Might be worth considering.

Picked up a Nordic low drag follower today at a local gun store. Had been looking at upgrading my 1301 with one to help recognize when the tube is empty and to further experiment with small performance upgrades. I will be curious to see if Iam able to notice a difference or not. Either way I like the red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by xtremekramer

Does anybody know, is the A400Xplor the correct Burris Speedbead mount for the 1301?

I've been searching around for a while and can't quite find definitive info if that is the one....

Are there still any killer deals on chokes around?

I just convinced my friend to buy a 1301, and everyone who has put hands on it has been real impressed, though mostly they have SLPs, so what do they know.... ;p

Edited by Ando

If you sign up for dvor.com, they run beretta deals every now and again. They always have the Beretta brand extended chokes for around $35. I got the 2" extended ones for $37.

Thanks, will check that out

Does anybody know, is the A400Xplor the correct Burris Speedbead mount for the 1301?

I've been searching around for a while and can't quite find definitive info if that is the one....

Yes.

• 10 months later...

A couple questions for you guys.... After 20 pages into this thread, I thought I would just ask a couple questions. Like an idiot, I decided to try and run a new 1301 three days before the MGM IronMan. What could go wrong, right?

Took the gun out today and had cycling issues at first, but after about 60 rounds, I was able to run a full box of Rem Gun Club 1 1/8 oz loads with no issue. Herter Slugs functioned fine but they are about 11" high at 50 yards. RIO Low Recoil grouped well, same POI as the Herters, but would not cycle. Windage is dead on. Going to put a barrel clamp on tomorrow and see how that affects things. I would rather run the gun without the clamp, but I was curious what you guys run. Clamp or No Clamp? Going to open up the loading port tomorrow. It doesn't like dual or quad loads as is. It hangs up at insertion. If the slugs don't shoot differently with the clamp, I am going to install a .180 Tall STI front sight and Adjustable sight in the rear.... Glock or Bomar, depending on what I have lying around.

I need some reassurance here. Did I go off the deep end here? My rifle and Pistol are good to go, so I have a couple days to get this sorted out.

Most of the guys on here run no clamp. I have one, but the only time I run it when I need to sling the shot gun. Mine eats anything I have put through it. I haven't had a jam yet. Mine has not auto fed low recoil hand loads the skeet guys let me try at the local range. Lately I have been feeding it Wally World federal since its cheep and feeds just fine with mine. I haven't played enough with slugs to figure out my point of aim issue. Mine is also high by about 8 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by xtremekramer

To address the slug inquiry.....The Fiocchi 1oz aero slugs run great and POA/POI at 50 yards (no barrel clamp). They run well in most semi autos we have tried them in.

when you shoot the slugs, what's the sight picture look like? if you are used to shooting trap and putting a dot on the other dot that's your problem.

I have to bury the mid bead dead center in the front bead to even get close. If I do the figure eight, its even higher off target.