Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A race to C class

Trebor Snave

I just shot a Special last weekend and thanks to an abysmal performance I'll end up classed in D. I don't want to stay in D class, and a little friendly competition is a great motivator - so who wants to race me to C?

shtr3 already let me know he's in, so at the moment it's:

Trebor Snave A82155 Revolver - currently sitting at 29%, or I will be when the scores update in September.

shtr3 A-81488, Limited, D classification - 37.6792%

Anyone else want to play?

Edited by Trebor Snave

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lose! Been C for a year or two now! Really, it's not hard to make C....making B is much harder. I suggest setting your goals higher....

Pfffft, B is easy, A is much harder......

So I've heard

Edited by Garyg19

You lose! Been C for a year or two now! Really, it's not hard to make C....making B is much harder. I suggest setting your goals higher....

Dont come highjack the thread to show us that u have been a C class for """2""" years. Maybe "you lose". And maybe you just cant get to "B". But to the Almighty "Grumpy One" thanks for your beautiful insight and wisdom on where our goals should be set. You dont know any of our goals so take ur opinion and rotate on it.!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if I qualify, but I wouldn't mind jumping in. I shot my first USPSA match yesterday, and shot the "CM 99-62 Bang and Clang." I signed up for a USPSA Membership after the match, so my initial Production classification will hopefully be entered next month. At any rate, I shot the stage in 7.44 sec, and had one A and one C. If I did my calculations right, I had 27 points, 3.6290 HF, 33.0510%. So it looks like I'm starting in D.

ETA: 1 A, 1 C, and 4 steel down

Edited by johnsons1480

You won't be classified until you get 4 classifier stages into the system, but you're welcome to join in. Heck, if you pick up your averages a little bit, you might never be in D class.

Let me know your USPSA number when you get it so I can keep track of you.

Dont come highjack the thread to show us that u have been a C class for """2""" years. Maybe "you lose". And maybe you just cant get to "B". But to the Almighty "Grumpy One" thanks for your beautiful insight and wisdom on where our goals should be set. You dont know any of our goals so take ur opinion and rotate on it.!!!!Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
You will not go far with that attitude...Set your goals low, and you will never improve to where you "think" you should be. Your goals should be attainable, but not so high as to be discouraging. Setting a goal for C class is almost like not setting a goal at all. As for me not getting to B class, perhaps because I'm only able to shoot 2 or 3 classifiers a year (I've shot 2 this year), well that might be an issue.

All of us, including you, are entitled to their opinions. Just so happens, your opinion is incorrect...;)

Well I dont shoot many USPSA matches but will jump in.

shtr3 A81488, Limited, D - 37.68%

CE325 A76086 Limited D - 33.84%

Zoomy TY79706 Limited D - 29.28%

Trebor Snave A82155 Revolver, D - 29%

melissa5 A77077 Open D - 28.54%

Bevenue TY82251 Production D - 32.75%

Dont come highjack the thread to show us that u have been a C class for """2""" years. Maybe "you lose". And maybe you just cant get to "B". But to the Almighty "Grumpy One" thanks for your beautiful insight and wisdom on where our goals should be set. You dont know any of our goals so take ur opinion and rotate on it.!!!!Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
You will not go far with that attitude...Set your goals low, and you will never improve to where you "think" you should be. Your goals should be attainable, but not so high as to be discouraging. Setting a goal for C class is almost like not setting a goal at all. As for me not getting to B class, perhaps because I'm only able to shoot 2 or 3 classifiers a year (I've shot 2 this year), well that might be an issue.

All of us, including you, are entitled to their opinions. Just so happens, your opinion is incorrect...;)

I may be speaking for myself but I think everyone wants to reach GM eventually.

I know why I'm in D class I screwed up on a classifier match.

And I have not had a chance to shoot another one since.

I placed 2nd in a state match, 3rd in a proam, and just recent 1st in the proam.

My goal I to make B class in the next classifier match.

But I have to work the next match so who knows when I

Can get there!

Everyones goal should be master or grandmaster imo also. I think you got take one step at a time. Shot a classifier today. If it woukd have been for me pulling the last shot by 1/2" and getting the alpha instead of the no shoot it woukd have been in like around a 50% national average. Sheet happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

What this is doing is making me focus. The things that tripped me up last weekend are being worked on. The things I did well are being reinforced. Looking at the scores I see that while I'm winning or close to it on points, I'm losing on time - so go a little faster. All ammo is checked in the gun and I have enough on hand to easily handle the course of fire without having to reload clips.

Of course my goal is to be as good as I can be, but my intermediate goal - the one I have RIGHT NOW is to make C class. When I make C, I'll be in the B class race the next day.

I'm gonna be screwed when all the local clubs shut down for the winter...

I'll join in, I shot a lot last year but this year time has not been on my side, (weddings, moving, work, school). Just did get my membership in March so still not classified. Now that things are settling down I have no reason not to get with it. A-80562

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Edited by Agney5

I'll join - A81079. Not classified yet, but when recent matches post I'm sure I'll be solidly in D - Production. Funny thing is the marksmanship hasn't been half bad so far, I think I even had a stage well above 50%. But trying to absorb all the rules of the game - and execute at speed... extra shot for better score - oops - Virginia count not Comstock. And so on. In any case, the practice is fun, love the matches so far, and I can't wait until a lot of this is second nature!

So, here's how it looks on the USPSA website this morning. I'll update it on the 15th (or earlier, if someone else wants to play). Expect the order to change on the 15th!

Name USPSA # Division Class Classifier %
CE325 A76086 Limited D 33.84%
Bevenue TY82251 Production D 32.75%
Zoomy TY79706 Limited D 29.28%
Melissa5 A77077 Open D 28.54%
Agney5 A80562 Limited U
trgt A81079 Production U
shtr3 A81488 Limited U
Trebor Snave A82155 Revolver U
johnsons1480 A82568 Production U