Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky Wildcat Multi Gun

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the deal with the random draw prizes? Did Obama take the match over to make sure excellence was not rewarded?

Its been random draw before Obama took office. Its still the best mutli gun match for the money by FAR!

Edited by steel1212

The prize table was always a bonus, and at $100 entry fee with 9 stages in one day it remains one of the best value matches in the country if not the most efficient.

What's the deal with the random draw prizes? Did Obama take the match over to make sure excellence was not rewarded?

Now you have just as much chance as the good shooters. :surprise: So I would be happy about the prize table.

Ha ha thats a good one!

I certainly reap the benefits by a random draw, otherwise all I would get from the prize table would be a set of ear plugs... used ones at that!

Got to see the stages in the rough today, man they look good. I do think this is one of Gary's best to date, the thought process started way back in the winter and for the last 30 to 45 days Gary and his setup crew has been building props,painting,picking up the range,cutting the grass and everything else that needed to be done. This match is one of Kentucky's best kept secrets. For the ones who has never been to one of our matches really don't understand what I am talking about, but for the ones who has attended, the know. So I want to invite everyone to come shoot with us this weekend. And have the best 1 day match, for $100, and prize table :cheers:

Stages mostly up and there will be several stages where everbody will ask " how many targets did you say there is on this stage???" or "That target does what??". Final setup in the morning and the fun will soon begin. Weather is going to be good this weekend.

I was asked by Gary Welborn to remind everyone that food service will be available at the range beginning Friday afternoon. The shotgun side match will also be setup and running. Come out to the range Friday, get a bite to eat, shoot the shotgun side match and look over the stages. Gary also said that walk-in's are welcome Saturday morning. If you can email your information to Gary, so much the better.

This was yet another great match from our friends in Kentucky. Thanks to all who helped with this match. Stages were again mind boggling, the prize table was very well done, and RO's and support people are just the best.

Gary Welborn does a great job with course design, allowing for confusion, contemplation and some out right cussing. Stage 8 where you had to turn your rifle sideways through a slot was the ultimate. Harder to do than it looked. I managed to shoot my targets and a few on the lane next to me, after just watching someone else in the squad before me doing the same thing.(Ha, it wasn't so funny when I did it)

What I learned,

1. Throw levers on scopes are becoming more popular, saw a bunch of them.

2. AR Magazine extentions, or 40 round mags are becoming "must have" items. Some appeared so long they had difficulty fitting into and out of the safe barrels. Watch now, someone will come up with a rule on the size and dimesions that safe boxes/barrels must be to accomidate these extended mags. where does it end?

3. When you get tired you make dumb mistakes. On my last stage (2) you pulled your rifle from the closed box, load, rack, and stat shooting, so my gun doesn't fire, I eject a round, doesn't fire, eject another round, no go...."what the heck I say." Oh it would work better with the safety off. Old age and a tired mind catch up with you that's for sure.

4. You folks in Ind/Ky can't build a road worth a s@@t. You've been working on that streach of road from Evansville to Owensboro for 5 years now and you still can't get it right. Over here in Missouri we built a whole highway through the city in 14 months...!!!come on. Oh and a detour is suppose to be a short jag or two, a minor inconvince, not a freaking 25 mile trip through the farmlands of Southern Indiana for crying out loud, who came up with that!!!

Great job all, thanks for just another great day 3 gunning.

It was an excellent match! I would like to thank all the RO's for volunteering and the sponsors for setting up a worthy prize raffle. The match was very fun and challenged me to place.

The Atlanta Colligate Competition Shooters will be releasing their video Monday and I look forward to the other video that I saw being shot as well! (NoMikes' & Noveske's Shooting Team :) ).

Edited by DyNo!

I thought it was a fantastic match. Great staff, well run, and a very good prize table (My shooting didn't earn me what I got, but I'm happy as a lark to have gotten it - THANK YOU SPONSORS AND DONATORS!!!).

As it is every year a great time of shooting and hanging out with the best group of guys in the world. Congratulations to young Mr. Sweeny for kicking everybody ass at the side match and good look with the Army.

This match is the best VALUE out there!!!

My only regret is that ORPCI is not my home club anymore. Oh, and that I had shot better.

This was a really fun and challenging match. I had the best day ever shooting in squad 4 with my friends, Barry, Chris, Dave, Greg, Jack, JT, Ryan, and Steve. It was also great to see all of my friends from around the country as well including Mr. & Mrs. AP3. While the morning had its challenges, I was really happy with the way I finished in the afternoon. Special thanks to Gary, Frank, Jeff, and all of the RO's and staff. The prize table was really great, everyone got more than the entry fee back in cool stuff that they can use. Thanks to the sponsors. Did I mention the food? Well the lunch was the best money can buy. In addition Mrs. Airedale provided brownies, and Zookeep provided no-bake cookies. Congrats to Stefan and Ryan in Tac Optics, Brian and Brian in Limited, and Cameron in Open.

What I learned? I like Fort Benning rules and scoring, it made things flow smooth, and rewarded accuracy. I liked shooting little targets at distances. I like my new JP rifle, I just had to give it a chance and spend some time with it. I still think shooting with your friends is the best. I am grateful for my sponsors, Wilson Combat, Blade-tech, and Shooters Connection.

Looking forward to next year!