Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The market needs Spartan 9 & 40

Nemo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble reading for comprehension... Spartan in .40??? Yes or No???

I don't think we've seen an answer to that....but it would be a nice option. I think a Spartan in .40 with some tuning would be a great backup for those folks who have a fancy custom primary gun and can't swing the cash for a similar second. R,

I'm having trouble reading for comprehension... Spartan in .40??? Yes or No???

I don't think we've seen an answer to that....but it would be a nice option. I think a Spartan in .40 with some tuning would be a great backup for those folks who have a fancy custom primary gun and can't swing the cash for a similar second. R,

The 9mm would be the logical 2nd caliber in my opinion. If they are coming out with it in 9mm it won't take much for them to come out with it in .40 though so I would think its in the works.

I'm thinking it'd be sweet period. I'd love an affordable SS. I've been flirting with a Trojan, but just can't stand the cosmetics. $300 cheaper and she can be UGLY if she runs...

I Expect all of you to call me on Monday and order your 9mm Spartan because we will have them in the first quarter.

I just started this thread two days ago and you're already getting them?! :o I must be more influential than what I thought... :unsure:

;)

OK, I have been busy today and didn't see all the questions.

Yes, one fellow stepped up and ordered his. I put them on the website for special order until I get them.

The ship date is supposed to be 2 weeks away, if that holds true.

Not sure if it is ramped barrel, but I would guess yes until we see it.

No immediate plans for a .40 yet, but I answered yes when we were asked if it would sell a while back.

Pricing appears to be the same as .45 on my order confirmation, but I have not seen an invoice yet.

Here's the link to order, I will have 5 in a couple of weeks, and I am going to up my order a bunch tomorrow!

http://shootersconnectionstore.com/STI-Spa...-9mm-P1589.aspx

Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between the Spartan and the Trojan?

The short answer is that the Spartan is made for STI by Armscor in the Phillipines and the Trojan is made in Texas along with STI's other guns. There are some differences in materials, shapes, etc, but the best place to compare those is just to go to STI's site. R,

This just in, the Spartan 9mm is going to be the same price. It is supposed to be UNRAMPED. For all the smack talking going on here, I have only sold a couple of these.

I would like to see if they run before I put my $$$ on the table. Unramped? IMO is is surprising they would go with an unramped barrel?

This just in, the Spartan 9mm is going to be the same price. It is supposed to be UNRAMPED. For all the smack talking going on here, I have only sold a couple of these.

That definitely changes things for me. All my 1911's are ramped