Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Now Own A Glock

JimmyZip

Well, my Pop brought me up shooting since I was 8-9 years old. If you know me on the forums, then you know I have only shot steel framed single action autos or revolers since then. About a year ago I was practicing with a friend, and he had a G17 in his bags. I asked what that was all about and he said if I wanted, I could try it. Well, I did, and I though it was just as good as the HiPower I was shooting at the time. I finished running drills with that pistol instead of mine, and was pleasantly suprised at how much I liked it. A couple of months later, I shot another Glock, this time it too was a 9mm, but with a longer slide than the 17. ( I don't know what model that it was.) I thought that it was pretty good too. It had a trigger job done to it, and all black sights. I thought that I might like to try one some more. I did, this time a 40 cal. I thought it too was good to go. I was attracted to the fact that stock Glocks run out of the box, and that there seems to be alot of info on them as far as getting parts easily and not needing alot of fitting to get these parts to work. (Stock parts that is) It seemed to be the natural progression from the HiPower.

Well, today I picked up my 17RTF. Don't have any mags yet, or a holster, or even the caliber conversion for my SDB. (Friend moved to Texas and accidently packed it with him.) I was drooling over it at luch this afternoon. I like the feel fo the RTF and the sights. (I forget what type they are but they are not stock, and really are alot like the profile of the Bomars that Irv Stone put on my HiPower.

Well enough rambling. I'm gonna borrow some mags and a holster and shoot this puppy this weekend. Can't wait to put some 135pf loads through this puppy. Think I'm gonna sell some guns and get another.

JZ

Edited by JimmyZip

:rolleyes:

My first exposure to Glock was in 1990 as a duty gun and I was completely turned off with the idea of a plastic gun. It lasted a couple of months before I was back carrying my S&W 5906.

Fast forward to 2007 when I started shooting IPSC/USPSA and went with the Glock because of its parts availability, durability, and simplicity. I started with the third generation G17 for Production and have since moved to the G22 for Limited-10. I am an absolute fan of this product and look forward to getting my hands on the fourth generation series when it becomes available.

Have fun shooting your new Glock! :cheers:

Is there a book on Glocks that I could buy that would tell me the ins and outs of these pistols better than the manual?

"The Glock in Competition" : http://www.taylorpress.com/

I think Brian carries that book in his store ?

Yep... http://www.brianenos.com/store/books.html

Patrick Sweeney also wrote a Glock book.

Not Daddy's Boy Anymore

Well, my Pop brought me up shooting since I was 8-9 years old. If you know me on the forums, then you know I have only shot steel framed single action autos or revolers since then.

Sounds like me. I still don't own an automatic .22 rimfire rifle. I think my Dad just wanted to slow me down with a lever-action and a tube feed. (He was probably right...I sure could burn through some ammo.)

A buddy pointed out to me this year that I could probably go ahead and get one now. :roflol:

Patrick Sweeney also wrote a Glock book.

The Gun Digest Book of the Glock, currently in it's second edition.....

Put a bunch of various loads through this thing this afternoon. The trigger on this thing is better than any of my HiPowers, and this is just as accurate if not more. I really like it, and how the angle of the grip makes you bring the gun up higher. Still though I like my CZ, but I think I will be shooting this thing more and getting mag pouches, a holster, and the like for it.

Recoil wise, it was fine and I like the way it's trigger is 2 parts auto and one part revolver in how it feels. The mags drop free easily, the 10 rounders that I borrowed were easy to seat at capacity. I have a good feeling about this pistol.

Don't think the slide has enough mass though to pull the ninja load though. Will have to try a 34 just to try that there ninja load. :ph34r:

what's not to like about Glocks, they've gave me around 20 free pistols. my first was in '96 and it was also my first .40. at one time i managed to get up to 33 glocks before i started selling some off. besides shooting a glock in GSSF and production i have a couple for limited and open. i shoot everything, 2011, 1911, and revolvers too. it's my excuse for not being very good at anything becasue i shoot to many different firearms.

Another 500 rounds through the Glock Saturday. I'm all out of 9mm now until I get the conversion for the SDB. I think in the long run Id like to get a 17L slide and a magwell to shoot this in two divisions. Just think that would be funny. Till then I'm still competing with the TS in L/L-10.

Jimmy,

I have a 9mm SDB conversion you can have fo' free if it will take a while for your friend to find yours. If in time he sends it to you, you can pass mine on to another forum member in need. Email me at L90814@hotmail.com if you'd like to have it.