Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brought My New Girlfriend To A Match....

dirtypool40

I thought I already posted this, but this is as good a place as any.

Back in April I had been dating a girl who had a hard time with my being gone every Saturday to shoot. Finally I invited her out; it was the first Springfield Action Challenge in Orlando. I gave her directions and planned to meet her around noon, figuring to spare her the boring sign up and tedious walkthrough.

It's just a fun match borrowing Springfield's gun, but it's a nice, easy to understand intro into the sport, even for spectators. We shot, she didn't show, we shot some more she didn't show, on and on. I am the next shooter on deck for our final stage before we break for lunch and a TGO DEMO, she is nowhere to be seen.

They stop the match for a little break and to watch ROBBIE shoot, and NOW she shows up. "Hey, baby, awww I didn't get to see you shoot, well let's watch this guy". Robbie burns the place to the ground, 1.6 bills from carry holster with a compact XD, just ripping .80 draws, really impressive. She has never seen this stuff before, and has no frame of reference, but this is a good intro.....so I think. :rolleyes:

Now we go back to shooting and with TGO as her reference my new girlfriend watches me run the next stage. :mellow: She greets me with a really sympathetic smile and hug after my run, and says "That was great honey, you tried really hard." <_<

DAMNIT!!! I am an IPSC Master class guy, I can shoot a little, honest!!

I was High Overall at the match and won a gun for my Dad, but this chick thinks I'm a charity case!!! It's hysterical looking back, and I figured if I can't laugh at myself, at least I'd give all of you a chance. :angry:

DAMNIT!!! I am an IPSC Master class guy, I can shoot a little, honest!!

I was High Overall at the match and won a gun for my Dad, but this chick thinks I'm a charity case!!! It's hysterical looking back, and I figured if I can't laugh at myself, at least I'd give all of you a chance. :angry:

I have just a tiny bit of sympathy for you! :lol:

Great! :lol:

Now, all you have to do is beat TGO at his own game to gain your girlfriend's consideration ... :wacko:

You'd better try and have her comfort you after each match, at least this would be pleasant ;) .

But, for god's sake, don't you ever try any of Rhino's tricks while shooting... :blink:

No Garfield, we are not still together, but shooting was not a big factor in it, my traveling all the time and her working nights 80 miles away was a little more hard to fix. Oh well, makes for a funny story.

Blackbird, you need to quit "slow walking" us; you nearly wooped me last weekend with your skinny gun!!!

TL,

I thought shooting WAS "chick" stuff. :( All my female friends do it. Do I have to learn to cook now??? Boy, even I don't want to think of those experiments. :ph34r: Trust me, neither does Wakal. :lol: He dreads the day when I say, "Honey, Guess what's for dinner!" :o:ph34r:

L

Liota

Obviously, you and the other women who post here are special women in many regards, shooting is just one of them. Didn't mean that chics don't shoot, just that my ex didn't.

Turning from shooting to cooking. You should try it, it is fun, very creative, and occasionally you get something good to eat.

Sorry, I just have not met many women who enjoyed shooting.

My GF started shooting IPSC a couple months ago. She'd been shooting steel occasionally for a year or so before that, starting with a .22. It's very cool although now I get to clean more guns, reload more ammo and keep more guns running at the same time.. :unsure: At least both of us being lefties, she can use my spare gear.

In most every case I know, the trick is finding the right girl, then convincing her to go to the range. Looking around once you're at the range is less productive.

• 2 weeks later...