Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

just curious....what are most of the guys shooting for a rifle in Heavy Metal...AR10...M1A....FAL... PTR91???

thanks!

From what I've seen in other big 3-gun matches, the majority of HM shooters are shooting an AR-10. A few shoots the M1A, and even fewer shoots the FAL or HK91.

A few???? :) Sam Keen, Patrick Kelly, Michael Fordyce, Bryan Ray (who?). I hear Gort Mueller even shoots the M1A on the rare appearance he makes in HM. Did Craig A. shoot a M1A for his 1st place win at Benning last year?

You're right, the AR308 platform probably is more popular. But the M1A is better! :sight:

Edited by Bryan 45

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just curious....what are most of the guys shooting for a rifle in Heavy Metal...AR10...M1A....FAL... PTR91???

thanks!

From what I've seen in other big 3-gun matches, the majority of HM shooters are shooting an AR-10. A few shoots the M1A, and even fewer shoots the FAL or HK91.

A few???? :) Sam Keen, Patrick Kelly, Michael Fordyce, Bryan Ray (who?). I hear Gort Mueller even shoots the M1A on the rare appearance he makes in HM. Did Craig A. shoot a M1A for his 1st place win at Benning last year?

You're right, the AR308 platform probably is more popular. But the M1A is better! :sight:

The few. The Proud. The M1A Shooters. :cheers:

thanks for posting the pdfs!

Roger that.

I like the 3D stage diagrams. That artsy fartsy guy is good!

I misread a few things when I was drawing those up. The rooftop structure is drawn as a barricade with a port. I hope that won't cause too many issues. Thanks for putting them up in .pdf with the descriptions!

Hopefully they at least give people an idea of what to expect.

Looks to be a great match!

Edited by Vespid_Wasp

On steel of course.

Jay

I thought you were a bada$$ until you said this. Its a little tougher calling those 50-100 yarders on paper isn't it?

Jesse,

WELL, Its just a long way to walk to paste a target.

Jomar,

You, are predictable.

LESS THAN 2 WEEKS TILL FIRST SHOT. OH YEAH!

Thanks for answering my question about Heavy Metal rifles.

I have a 12 gauge pump, and a single stack 1911 .45 and 6 of the 10 round mags by Chip McCormick...now I just need to settle on a .308 chambered rifle. Maybe next year, I will see you all out there.

Any lengthy pistol shots? Like 30+ yards?

we cant give it all away! where's your sense of adventure?

Remember, good decision making comes from experience. Experience comes from making bad decisions and surviving. AKA an Adventure.

It would help us with our "7 P's"...Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

But I guess its better for me to have some surprises. That way, I'll have somewhat of an excuse in hand. ;)

It would help us with our "7 P's"...Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

But I guess its better for me to have some surprises. That way, I'll have somewhat of an excuse in hand. ;)

Why I shoot a 45. I can see the holes in the target. ;)

Craig

The first rule of planning?

When the timer goes "beep", The brain goes "DOH"!

Edited by Coyotes52

As far as gear goes. What did you decide on the slings? Still need them for rifle or shotgun, or both?? And for those of us with the tactical strollers :unsure: , should we bother bringing them, or will it make more sense to drive to each stage and carry from your vehicle? And a rule related question, if you decide to shoot the swinger with buckshot, are the poppers and texas star fair game with buckshot too?

As far as gear goes. What did you decide on the slings? Still need them for rifle or shotgun, or both?? And for those of us with the tactical strollers :unsure: , should we bother bringing them, or will it make more sense to drive to each stage and carry from your vehicle? And a rule related question, if you decide to shoot the swinger with buckshot, are the poppers and texas star fair game with buckshot too?

Buckshot?? Where was that on facebook for round count and how much do we need?

there are no shot size restrictions except for certain stages.

no slings (unless u want to for some odd reason)

there isnt a buck shot count because there arent shot restrictions (see above)

carts- not going to be necessary

Albert, the buckshot discussion is related to the MGM spinner. I'm thinking of hi-brass #4 or #6 instead of buck. But, I've never shot one of those targets, so I'll let you know after that stage how it works out! :)

See you in a week!